Rattling noise in door? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 02:17 PM

Noise passenger side door

I bought a used 2017 pacifica and notice a rattle noise on the passenger side door anytime I stop and accelerate. Took it to mechanic and they can't figure out the problem. Anyone know what the issue is with either passenger side front door or sliding door that makes a noise when you accelerate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 03:19 AM

Are you sure it is from the door? Have the mechanic from dealership be able to verify the noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddakak View Post
I bought a used 2017 pacifica and notice a rattle noise on the passenger side door anytime I stop and accelerate. Took it to mechanic and they can't figure out the problem. Anyone know what the issue is with either passenger side front door or sliding door that makes a noise when you accelerate?
This wasn't really a door issue on my van, but another option is to check the space under the floor where the power door supports move to see if anything is moving around or rattling down there. After owning the van over a year, I suddenly had a sound like something moving in a can and eventually (within a month) found a pencil there. I had checked the Stow and Go wells but didn't find anything. I didn't figure out how a pencil got there, but I was glad when it finally rolled to where I could see it and take it out. The other thing to check is tags that might vibrate if rubbing on something. I had a bungee cord tag that vibrated on a piece of wood in the back. Cut off the tag, problem solved.

You could also try the search feature to see if there are any other related posts.

If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it might help others answer your other questions in the future.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 08-02-2018 at 12:09 PM.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 01:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
This wasn't really a door issue on my van, but another option is to check the space under the floor where the power door supports move to see if anything is moving around or rattling down there. After owning the van over a year, I suddenly had a sound like something moving in a can and eventually (within a month) found a pencil there. I had checked the Stow and Go wells but didn't find anything. I didn't figure out how a pencil got there, but I was glad when it finally rolled to where I could see it and take it out. The other thing to check is tags that might vibrate if rubbing on something. I had a bungee cord tag that vibrated on a piece of wood in the back. Cut off the tag, problem solved.

You could also try the search feature to see if there are any other related posts.

If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it might help others answer your other questions in the future.
I haven't had any noise issues to speak of but I have found small pieces of gravel in that sliding door area...

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillWill View Post
Last year I noticed a rattle when going over bumps or starting/stopping the van - took it to the dealership and the doors were adjusted - the noise stopped for a while, but it back. Took it to the dealer again and was told it was the suspension ...
So I've been dealing with a rattle in the door for a very long time ...I'm beyond frustrated. After being told it was the suspension (in February), the noise has gotten worse. Louder as the miles pile on. It's been back at the dealership 2 times - yesterday they replaced a bunch of stuff - I was told there was nothing more they could do and that it will no doubt get worse.

This van has less than 20K miles on it and I'd like to drive it off a cliff. There HAS to be a fix - who wants to listen to a rattle coming from the door all of the time ...!!???

2017 Limited
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 12:12 PM

Try lubricating the seals around the door.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
Try lubricating the seals around the door.
Thanks for the info - I doubt I will try that though ... I would have thought the service department would have done that at some point since the van has been back there so many times because of the same issue.
I'm going to test drive a few GMC's today. My Chrysler dream has fizzled - and it didn't take long.

2017 Limited
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:38 PM

I too have this annoying noise problem from passenger side sliding door. It is more like seuaking noise. I took the van to the two different dealers three times and they could not fix the problem. Very annoying. Only 35,000miles. This is my first Chrysler product and will be the last. Never have this kind of silly problem from cars from other company.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page