buzzing sound from dash - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mike&tracy
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Clarksville Tn
Posts: 82
buzzing sound from dash

My wife has mentioned that she is hearing a low buzzing noise coming from the left corner of the dash. sounds like it is coming where the door and dash meet. Has anyone had any issue like this.
Of course you can turn the radio up and its not heard. Just bothersome when you have the radio low to talk to each other.

2017 Pacifica Dark Cordovan
mike&tracy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 01:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike&tracy View Post
My wife has mentioned that she is hearing a low buzzing noise coming from the left corner of the dash. sounds like it is coming where the door and dash meet. Has anyone had any issue like this.
Of course you can turn the radio up and its not heard. Just bothersome when you have the radio low to talk to each other.
Hi mike&tracy,

Sorry to hear about this! If you decide to visit your local dealership for further diagnosis I'd be happy to offer further assistance if needed. Just send us a PM with your VIN and let me know.

Andrea
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
BrettP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike&tracy View Post
My wife has mentioned that she is hearing a low buzzing noise coming from the left corner of the dash. sounds like it is coming where the door and dash meet. Has anyone had any issue like this.
Of course you can turn the radio up and its not heard. Just bothersome when you have the radio low to talk to each other.
Does the buzzing sound happen only while moving down the road with air rushing by or does it happen while sitting still?

I had a buzz sometimes when driving and also an occasional single pop sound when I opened my driver door that I finally traced to a piece of plastic called the "Fender Insulator, Silencer", (#5 in the attached drawing) at the rear of the front fender skirt. It is visible and touchable beyond the door hinges when you open your driver's door. It is only held on by #2 in the drawing so it does move a little when you push on it. It was definitely the source of my occasional popping sound as I opened the door and I convinced myself it might also be the source of my buzzing sound if moving air could make it vibrate. Anyway, I futzed around with it a couple times and now after about a full year neither of the two sounds have returned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FenderSilencer.JPG (65.3 KB, 19 views)

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 09-19-2017 at 02:53 PM.
BrettP is online now  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Clarksville Tn
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
Does the buzzing sound happen only while moving down the road with air rushing by or does it happen while sitting still?

I had a buzz sometimes when driving and also an occasional single pop sound when I opened my driver door that I finally traced to a piece of plastic called the "Fender Insulator, Silencer", (#5 in the attached drawing) at the rear of the front fender skirt. It is visible and touchable beyond the door hinges when you open your driver's door. It is only held on by #2 in the drawing so it does move a little when you push on it. It was definitely the source of my occasional popping sound as I opened the door and I convinced myself it might also be the source of my buzzing sound if moving air could make it vibrate. Anyway, I futzed around with it a couple times and now after about a full year neither of the two sounds have returned.
I will definitely look into that. thank you

2017 Pacifica Dark Cordovan
mike&tracy is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Clarksville Tn
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChryslerCares View Post
Hi mike&tracy,

Sorry to hear about this! If you decide to visit your local dealership for further diagnosis I'd be happy to offer further assistance if needed. Just send us a PM with your VIN and let me know.

Andrea
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
Andrea, I appreciate that, I am a service advisor at the dealership. Was just looking to see if anyone else had run into the noise.
ChryslerCares likes this.

2017 Pacifica Dark Cordovan
mike&tracy is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 06:27 PM
dmj
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 42
I have just noticed this in my 2017 Pacifica. I'm a bit deaf and made the mistake of starting the car with my hearing aids in!

Anyway, it seems to be a buzzing noise coming from the dash area. It does NOT occur unless the motor is actually running. Well ... not sure if it occurs when the engine stops for ESS ... Does not seem to be affected at all by the sound system volume or turning the hvac on or off.

Perhaps it's related to the bumps on the dash (which my car also has)?

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike&tracy View Post
Andrea, I appreciate that, I am a service advisor at the dealership. Was just looking to see if anyone else had run into the noise.
dmj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sound System Retrofit/Upgrade BVM Electronics 13 05-07-2018 09:34 PM
Hot in Texas! How can I cool my dash? CenTexas Electronics 9 10-01-2017 04:51 PM
Radio lost sound mmax1 Electronics 1 09-18-2017 04:23 PM
Weird Rolling Sound? japh 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica PHEV Hybrid General Discussion 2 09-12-2017 05:00 PM
Sound Skipping Using HDMI Cable pacificrazy Electronics 5 02-10-2017 04:03 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome