3rd row seat stuck? - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashty View Post
So I contacted the dealer who sold me the Pacifica. They said the third row automatic stow and go does not work in cold weather. It's been in a climate controlled garage since I bought it. They also said I was not holding the button down and that was a requirement to stow the third row. This is the most ridiculous response I have ever heard. I explained to them that this is a known service bulletin and they should not have sold me a certified vehicle without this being checked, since it is a known issue. They said to bring it in to get checked.....Very disappointed in this dealers initial response.
I love how they would tell you that it didnt work because of cold weather. This is absurd for the sales person should tell you this. If this was the case there would be a massive recall for this. I would report this dealership to Chrysler Cares and have them follow up with this employee.

I will tell you if this is a problem when I go outside later. Its minus 5C in Toronto. Fingers crossed.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/..._face_wink.png
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 10:40 AM

Garage
Currently at dealer
2018 Pacifica limited
Problem: 3rd row passenger (40) side will not stow/ it only reclines forward and back

(60) side operates as intended

Been sitting for 3 hours and they utilized all resources and they came back stated there is a problem with “seat sensor in 3rd row”
They need to order the part (3-5) days

Another planned visit
Keep you posted
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 10:46 AM

Garage
Service caution me they will need the car entire day because they are “unsure” how they are going to remove the seat and install “sensor” because it is “stuck”
Speaks volume with their confidence

I think the motor just burned out premature but “seat sensor” does not make sense
I am a software engineer i understand schematics

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 10:49 AM

Garage
FCA please PM schematics of 3rd row power seat

I can possibly be a valuable tool in providing feedback

*This is a recurring issue
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 05:23 PM

Back to the dealer again today for 5 hours -- i was driving the vehicle and was approaching a stop sign so I started breaking to stop. As I approached the stop sign I looked both ways and saw no approaching vehicles so I didn't actually come to a full stop at the stop sign and I was starting to shift my foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal but hadn't actually hit the gas pedal yet when the vehicle lurched forward . I had started to turn the corner into the parking lot at the time and I braked and stopped the vehicle. I thought somebody had just rear ended me and actually got out of my vehicle to look for damage . Nobody hit me . When I got back into my vehicle I noticed there was an ALERT message on the 8.5" touch screen indicating there was a throttle Control Module malfunction . I turned the vehicle off and restarted it and message disappeared. They spent 2 hours running through a series of tests this morning and finally determined that a newer version of the TCM was required and that the entire system needed to be updated and reflashed. It took another 2 hours to get this completed and all the electrical functions retested to ensure everything was working . I have my fingers crossed hoping this will resolve my issues. ( 2018 Pacifica Ltd with 3000 Miles on it ).
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 05:32 PM

Garage
My question is how many work-hours collectively are lost spending time at the dealerships???

Sigh...
keith and chvan like this.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 01:20 PM

It's been a week now since my last visit to the dealership and all seems to be well. I actually think the vehicle runs better since the module has been changed and the software updated. The vehicle seems to run smoother through the gears and runs quieter. No more issues to date with warning lights.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAWwindy1 View Post
It's been a week now since my last visit to the dealership and all seems to be well. I actually think the vehicle runs better since the module has been changed and the software updated. The vehicle seems to run smoother through the gears and runs quieter. No more issues to date with warning lights.
Do you have any more info on the TCM reflash? Was anything listed on your repair order about a TSB or any verbiage that can help others with 2018s as well?

Thanks.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 06:24 PM

my 3rd row just malfunctioned today. Stuck in halfway mode and its the two seat portion at that. SMH. I also have a 2010 Jeep Liberty with a Sky Slider Issue which i can't even get the parts to in order to repair and now i have another Chrysler which seems to have a well known glitch.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 07:57 PM

Did they charge you for the software update or was it covered under warranty?

QUOTE=keith;319145]Here is an update.

After 1 and 1/2 days at dealership the mechanics had no clue why its stuck. They couldn't even release it from the stuck position and there was no power to the seat. They said that this can be a big problem in the future because there is no way of manually releasing this. The tech told me that if this seat sticks in the future you always have to bring it in the dealership.

Stay away from this option and just get the manual seats that fold. I will be contacting CHrysler to get more information and a solution for doing this manually. This is a huge safety concern because if you go on a long trip with 7 ppl and you fold a seat in and it sticks, your passenger will have to take a taxi home.

After almost 2 days he found that there is an software update for this specific problem.

PLEASE CALL YOU DEALERSHIP AND FIND OUT FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES.[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisejd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
Here is an update.

After 1 and 1/2 days at dealership the mechanics had no clue why its stuck. They couldn't even release it from the stuck position and there was no power to the seat. They said that this can be a big problem in the future because there is no way of manually releasing this. The tech told me that if this seat sticks in the future you always have to bring it in the dealership.

Stay away from this option and just get the manual seats that fold. I will be contacting CHrysler to get more information and a solution for doing this manually. This is a huge safety concern because if you go on a long trip with 7 ppl and you fold a seat in and it sticks, your passenger will have to take a taxi home.

After almost 2 days he found that there is an software update for this specific problem.

PLEASE CALL YOU DEALERSHIP AND FIND OUT FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES.
There has to be something very wrong with the Dealer you had your Pacifica serviced at. You went there knowing there was a TSB for the issue and they still did something (what pray tell?) for a day and a half trying to physically fix it? This 3rd Row Electronic Seat Issue has been well known since mid-summer. By the way, we had this problem several times in June/July timeframe and there were some positions that you could manually move the stuck seat to stow it. The time that we couldn't move it at all was when the seat was partially closed to the point that the seat back was halfway forward toward the 2nd Row Seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page