3rd row seat stuck? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 97
3rd row seat stuck?

It seems that my power 3rd row seat is stuck can anyone help me or do I need to take back to dealer. The small seat is folding fine but the bigger one is not moving?

I knew this was going to be an issue eventually. Chrysler should have a manual crank incase this happens.
keith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 758
You will have to take it to the dealership. They will probably either reset it or order you new motors.
cue003 is offline  
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
 
lightrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,373
Garage
this is one main reason why I don't want the limited because of the power third row, it's so slow and it's another potential electronic problem. certain things are great with power but not the third row seats, just give me the latch and let me slam it down in 2 seconds.

good luck on the fix hope it goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
It seems that my power 3rd row seat is stuck can anyone help me or do I need to take back to dealer. The small seat is folding fine but the bigger one is not moving?

I knew this was going to be an issue eventually. Chrysler should have a manual crank incase this happens.

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty
lightrules is offline  
 
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
It seems that my power 3rd row seat is stuck can anyone help me or do I need to take back to dealer. The small seat is folding fine but the bigger one is not moving?

I knew this was going to be an issue eventually. Chrysler should have a manual crank incase this happens.
There is a TSB on this. Go to dealer.
Bond007 is online now  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 08:14 AM
Member
 
Mike17Pac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ocala Florida
Posts: 96
Garage
The TSB number is 08-084-16. I hope that takes care of the problem for you

2017 8 seater red Gas Limited black/alloy interior
Mike17Pac is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 97
thank you for the info. going to dealer to check it out.
keith is offline  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 97
Here is an update.

After 1 and 1/2 days at dealership the mechanics had no clue why its stuck. They couldn't even release it from the stuck position and there was no power to the seat. They said that this can be a big problem in the future because there is no way of manually releasing this. The tech told me that if this seat sticks in the future you always have to bring it in the dealership.

Stay away from this option and just get the manual seats that fold. I will be contacting CHrysler to get more information and a solution for doing this manually. This is a huge safety concern because if you go on a long trip with 7 ppl and you fold a seat in and it sticks, your passenger will have to take a taxi home.

After almost 2 days he found that there is an software update for this specific problem.

PLEASE CALL YOU DEALERSHIP AND FIND OUT FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES.
keith is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 05:57 AM
Senior Member
 
wisejd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 441
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
Here is an update.

After 1 and 1/2 days at dealership the mechanics had no clue why its stuck. They couldn't even release it from the stuck position and there was no power to the seat. They said that this can be a big problem in the future because there is no way of manually releasing this. The tech told me that if this seat sticks in the future you always have to bring it in the dealership.

Stay away from this option and just get the manual seats that fold. I will be contacting CHrysler to get more information and a solution for doing this manually. This is a huge safety concern because if you go on a long trip with 7 ppl and you fold a seat in and it sticks, your passenger will have to take a taxi home.

After almost 2 days he found that there is an software update for this specific problem.

PLEASE CALL YOU DEALERSHIP AND FIND OUT FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES.
There has to be something very wrong with the Dealer you had your Pacifica serviced at. You went there knowing there was a TSB for the issue and they still did something (what pray tell?) for a day and a half trying to physically fix it? This 3rd Row Electronic Seat Issue has been well known since mid-summer. By the way, we had this problem several times in June/July timeframe and there were some positions that you could manually move the stuck seat to stow it. The time that we couldn't move it at all was when the seat was partially closed to the point that the seat back was halfway forward toward the 2nd Row Seat.
keith likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
wisejd is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Junior Member
 
CAWwindy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
I just brought my 2018 Pacifica Limited into the Galeana Chrysler Dealership here in Florida this morning. Had to wait 2 weeks to get an appointment. My 3rd row driver side seat stopped working after I inadvertently touch one of the buttons to control the seats before the seats completed the cycle. The seat back moved forward and backward from the control button but the seat itself would not function from the other three buttons. The driver side seat works fine. I suspected that the FSM module needed reflashing as the memory somehow got confused. Sure enough --- that was the problem . This is a concern FCA needs to address as they can't expect owners to return to the dealership to have the module reflashed each time . There should be a way to re flash the memory by pulling a fuse and reinstalling it or something simple like that . I wasn't happy being unable to stow the seat for two weeks , let alone taking it to the dealership and waiting for over an hour to get the module reflashed. It was covered under warranty but what happens when there is no warranty left ? I read stories here where people left a floor mat in the way and it tripped the module and seats would not work. Engineers need to find a better fix.
keith likes this.

Last edited by CAWwindy1; 12-08-2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Typing error
CAWwindy1 is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAWwindy1 View Post
I just brought my 2018 Pacifica Limited into the Galeana Chrysler Dealership here in Florida this morning. Had to wait 2 weeks to get an appointment. My 3rd row driver side seat stopped working after I inadvertently touch one of the buttons to control the seats before the seats completed the cycle. The seat back moved forward and backward from the control button but the seat itself would not function from the other three buttons. The driver side seat works fine. I suspected that the FSM module needed reflashing as the memory somehow got confused. Sure enough --- that was the problem . This is a concern FCA needs to address as they can't expect owners to return to the dealership to have the module reflashed each time . There should be a way to re flash the memory by pulling a fuse and reinstalling it or something simple like that . I wasn't happy being unable to stow the seat for two weeks , let alone taking it to the dealership and waiting for over an hour to get the module reflashed. It was covered under warranty but what happens when there is no warranty left ? I read stories here where people left a floor mat in the way and it tripped the module and seats would not work. Engineers need to find a better fix.
Hi CAWwindy1,

I have passed your feedback along to the brand for further internal review.

Andrea
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
DRZ likes this.
ChryslerCares is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd row child seat popac Child Safety And Car Seats 23 12-21-2018 12:14 PM
8th seat cup holder Paradoxex Interior 1 07-27-2017 09:13 AM
How to find 7 seat or 8 seat using window sticker or VIN pacsk07 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 11 07-01-2017 09:32 PM
7 seat vs 8 seat - Why ? Whats your reasoning ? mjoshi Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Owners Registry And Check In Area 25 05-12-2017 03:25 PM
Moblity Valet seat replacing Front Passenger Seat Rctini 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 0 04-16-2017 12:08 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome