2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Roof rattle

23K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  RJB 
#1 ·
Anyone experience a significant rattle in their roof? Seems to be worse when air temp outside increases (90 + degrees). I cannot pinpoint source, but believe it's coming from the seam of panoramic roof above second row seat.

....frustrating...haven't even owned the thing for a month.

#33 ·
I had it at the dealer but decided to fix it my self. They were unsuccessful at finding the route cause and I didnt want the entire headliner changed which could cause more problems down the road (which is what they wanted to try next). I finally found my solution which was hard to find because the sound was coming from the left side (so I thought) but the fix was up front. I put foam between the white plastic and black plastic at the front. I stuck my head into the open sunroof and looking down at the front you can see two points where the white frame plastic rubs against the black plastic and I pushed some thin foam in between. It worked for me. I cant tell you if this redused the pressure and caused the sound to stop at the side or if the sound was coming from the front and reflecting off the glass confusing where it originated from but I dont care as long as its gone.

#35 ·
FYI
I took the overhead unit out to look for power for a car cam (two 8mm bolts over the conversation mirror) and you can see the foam and how it is being pinched instead of letting the two different plastics rub. I am now wondering if there are other places in the van where the subtle noises can be eliminated with foam and how hard it will be to get to them.

Attachments

#37 ·
Yes! Bought my 2017 Limited used at the end of April 2019. It spent the first 9 out of 10 weeks in the shop with multiple issues. By the time I got it back, it was hot in GA and the freaking sunroofs rattle HORRIBLY after sitting the heat. I so regret my decision on this vehicle. Stop all the bells & whistles & fix the basics, Chrysler!

#38 ·
Anyone experience a significant rattle in their roof? Seems to be worse when air temp outside increases (90 + degrees). I cannot pinpoint source, but believe it's coming from the seam of panoramic roof above second row seat.

I want to refer you to BigJoe120's thread below. When I armed my dealer with his experience (after 3 FAILED warranty repair requests), they immediately ordered the nylon washers and SOLVED my temperature related passenger side roof glass flexing popping noise !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.