Roof rattle - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Roof rattle

Anyone experience a significant rattle in their roof? Seems to be worse when air temp outside increases (90 + degrees). I cannot pinpoint source, but believe it's coming from the seam of panoramic roof above second row seat.

....frustrating...haven't even owned the thing for a month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borotanker View Post
Anyone experience a significant rattle in their roof? Seems to be worse when air temp outside increases (90 + degrees). I cannot pinpoint source, but believe it's coming from the seam of panoramic roof above second row seat.

I know your frustrations, ours had a problem (check engine light) on the way home from the dealer. Spent the next two weeks in their shop. But to answer your question, no rattles, we've had temps well over 110 for the past two months, and everything seems tight.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 06:27 PM

rattle

I t probably isnt your problem but you might try checking your stow and go roof rails to see if they are tight.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borotanker View Post

We have had the occasional rattle in the exact same area. Oddly enough my wife's last vehicle had a panoramic roof and the rattle was in the exact same spot.

2017 Pacifica Limited Granite/Black/Mocha
Tow, Vac, Advanced SafetyTec Group, Keysense
20 Speaker HK Uconnect Theater, 20" Wheels
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 10:32 PM

I just leased a Limited with the same problem. It was evident the first day I drove home. After numerous attempts to resolve the problem and a week at the dealer's service center, they discovered the problem was the bolts holding the rear (third sunroof). After tightening the bolts 3 times they found it was quiet when at normal temps. As stated, when the temp. went up, the rattle came back each time. I think they have finally resolved the problem. They installed nylon washers between the roof and the mountings. This stopped the problem. I had them run a second test drive after the car sat in the hot Florida sun for 5 hours. When I drove it home Friday, in the heat, no noise. I hope it is finally resolved. Go luck, the noise is nerve wracking. I was ready to return the car and/or file a lemon law claim. Joe
BrettP and Borotanker like this.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJoe120 View Post
I just leased a Limited with the same problem. It was evident the first day I drove home. After numerous attempts to resolve the problem and a week at the dealer's service center, they discovered the problem was the bolts holding the rear (third sunroof). After tightening the bolts 3 times they found it was quiet when at normal temps. As stated, when the temp. went up, the rattle came back each time. I think they have finally resolved the problem. They installed nylon washers between the roof and the mountings. This stopped the problem. I had them run a second test drive after the car sat in the hot Florida sun for 5 hours. When I drove it home Friday, in the heat, no noise. I hope it is finally resolved. Go luck, the noise is nerve wracking. I was ready to return the car and/or file a lemon law claim. Joe
Thank you very much for the info, Joe. Can you provide the dealership's points of contact where you resolved the issue? I would like to give that information to the local dealer to assist.

Thanks

Chris
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 09:38 AM

A rattle can be a royal pain to track down. And in my experience when letting dealerships futz around trying to find rattles they end up creating more rattles. . Glad hey found the issue on your vehicle BigJoe and hopefully it turns out to be the same fix for Borotanker. The nylon washers were a good idea. Now cross fingers that it doesn't return.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 10:23 PM

Chris, have your dealer contact Sunset Dodge/Chrysler in Sarasota, FL. Speak to Mark Cole, Service Dept. He has all the info on repair. Still no noise after 3+ days. Great. Joe
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 10:18 PM

Me too...

I just purchased a 2017 Pacifica limited this Saturday. I definitely have a squeal/rattle coming from the drivers side 2nd row panoramic roof area. It is coming from the sunroof or something under the headliner in that area. Possibly plastic or metal rubbing together. I didn't notice it when I test drove the vehicle but now since I am driving it on a trip to NC, it hasn't stopped. It doesn't seem to matter what the temperature is but what does is how bumpy the road is. Has adding a nylon washer solved your issue? Please let me know any updates. It is really annoying. I have an appointment with my dealer this Tuesday but am hoping I can help steer them in the right direction with this issue. My track record with having a dealer actually fix a rattle or squeal has been very limited. Thanks!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 10:43 PM

Had a 2008 gmc acadia and I took a lessor model with out the sunroof and was I glad I did they had so many problems with them that I think they quit making them their main problem as I remember was leaking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page