2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

3rd row headrest leaning forward too much!

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Shadow5501 
#1 ·
I think everything about this van is great, but the 3rd row headrest is tilting forward too much. When I sit there, my head is bending down instead of in a straight position, which is very uncomfortable.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Once thing I tried is to have a big pillow and lean the seat backward a bit. But this makes it really hot in a summer time. I wish there is a way to directly adjust that headrest angle when it is unfolded.:|

#2 ·
I can't check mine but it doesn't release and pop back if you pull it forward like the ones in the front do. I find most of the headrests in the cars today to be torture devices. The lean forward way too much and it's so painful for me to sit that way. We are driving a Chrysler 200 (loaner) right now and I want to chop the headrest off because it's so uncomfortable to drive. I feel like I have to sit in a c shape. I keep meaning to call and find out if there is a release that I simply can't find.

My other thought would be to stow it and put it back up to see if it's stuck and releases. Other than that I'd have to stop by a dealership. Good luck

#3 ·
Well, it's not actually a headrest, it's a head restraint. It's function is to prevent whiplash in the event of an accident, and it is positioned accordingly. That makes it less comfortable as a headrest; it's a tradeoff between safety and snoozing. Much more expensive cars have active headrests that are positioned more comfortably and pop forward to provide whiplash protection during an impact. But you don't get that at this price point, at least not yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.