Very frustrated- Dont feel safe anymore - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Toast

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Very frustrated- Dont feel safe anymore

I am having terrible issues since last one week for 2017 chrysler pacifica (8900 miles). First I take the van to the dealer to fix a recall issue and when I am driving back from the dealership and am at stop sign, the vehicle does not budge and transmission does not respond. I tow the vehicle to dealer who keeps it for nearly one week to replace a mini battery. Yesterday, dealer says the van is ready, so I pick it and am hardly 2 minutes out of the dealer shop, again the exact same issue. I turn the knob and nothing happens, it just gets stuck at "P" and the message just blinks "shift to P and then desired gear".

The dealer never fixed the issue or if he did, he did not do a test drive. I expected he would atleast drive for a minute or so to see the issue is fixed. Am very disappointed with the van and the dealer. I had to wait for 2 hours in heavy traffic and even the chrysler tow truck did not come. I was not able to easily get out of van due to heavy traffic and was scared if some vehicle would hit from behind in such heavy traffic.Finally the cops had to bring the tow truck and get it towed to the dealer. And till now I have not heard anything from dealer. Am very unhappy with the dealership .I am afraid to go back and receive the van when it is fixed. I dont know when and in which situation it will break again.

Last edited by pacsk07; 08-30-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 01:59 PM

Garage
At 7k miles, our then-new 09 Carvan locked up at a busy intersection at rush hour. I feel your anxiety, believe me. Same deal as you- hard to exit, worried I'd be struck if I stayed in. Even had to have a police-dispatched tow to the dealer.

In my case, they fixed it right the first time and I had no further troubles with that. Unfortunately for you, that dealer performed poor service obviously, and has shaken your faith in the vehicle because of it. That is a shame. I hope you can get it to a better dealer who will treat you right so you can feel good about the Pac again and get this unfortunate situation behind you.

Actually, the main reason I hate the ESS feature on our Pac is due to that bad experience. I'm forever worried it will not start back up and go like it should.
pacsk07 likes this.

'18 Pacifica LTD, GCM
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
At 7k miles, our then-new 09 Carvan locked up at a busy intersection at rush hour. I feel your anxiety, believe me. Same deal as you- hard to exit, worried I'd be struck if I stayed in. Even had to have a police-dispatched tow to the dealer.

In my case, they fixed it right the first time and I had no further troubles with that. Unfortunately for you, that dealer performed poor service obviously, and has shaken your faith in the vehicle because of it. That is a shame. I hope you can get it to a better dealer who will treat you right so you can feel good about the Pac again and get this unfortunate situation behind you.

Actually, the main reason I hate the ESS feature on our Pac is due to that bad experience. I'm forever worried it will not start back up and go like it should.
Thanks for your response and sharing your experience. Reading similar pacifica transmission issues, I am now concerned if the issue will ever be fixed! I am browsing internet now to see how other pacifica owners who faced similar issues did.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 02:11 PM

Garage
I think, unfortunately, that a lot of these issues could be minimized if the FIRST time through the dealer, things got sorted properly. Seems I see so much about poor dealership experiences that there must be a correlation to customer satisfaction with regard to addressing issues. And it's a shame. I had a very poor service experience with a Chevy dealer on a 'chronic' issue that could have been easily fixed by a competent and caring dealer that put me fully off GM for 20 years before I finally let them catch my eye again.

'18 Pacifica LTD, GCM
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 06:14 PM

First of all what happened to you would have spawned many emotions in me and none of them would be positive. Secondly, keep a journal of what happened. Look at your lemon laws. Generally the dealer has 3 strikes and they are out!

2018 Pacifica Touring L
Bright White
Cognac/Alloy/Toffee interior
18 in Wheels
Overhead DVD
No matter where you go there you are!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 08:08 AM

The HQ should step in & fix the problem , sorry you having issues.

2018 Pacifica S Limited with 20 inch wheels & dark chrome .
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 08:45 AM

Just curious, is your Pacifica gas or hybrid?. Ive driven the gas version and the transmission operation between the two are nite and day . I know the 9spd and the hybrid trans are quite different, but if I was purchasing a 8 or 9 Spd id make sure it was the one that was made by ZF not FCA. Thus the reason I bought a hybrid Pacifica,
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANADAHYBRIDGUY View Post
Just curious, is your Pacifica gas or hybrid?. Ive driven the gas version and the transmission operation between the two are nite and day . I know the 9spd and the hybrid trans are quite different, but if I was purchasing a 8 or 9 Spd id make sure it was the one that was made by ZF not FCA. Thus the reason I bought a hybrid Pacifica,

Gas Pacifica transmission is made by ZF not a standard ZF9 but based on that with some FCA requested modifications that supposedly improve it in some aspects.

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page