Too many issues to name and no one will help - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Too many issues to name and no one will help

I don’t even know where to start.... I don’t even feel safe driving this vehicle.

I called Chrysler customer service to see if there were any recalls or known problems and she told me no. I am hoping by posting here someone can help me.

Keyless entry/remote start doesn’t work.

**Both sliding doors lose power randomly and go into “operate manual mode”.

**Occasionally The sliding door on the drivers side will open on its own when we go to close it. It will get about halfway or 3/4 of the way and just open.

** The lift gate does the same thing.... acts like it’s going to shut and then opens.

**the dealership has “fixed” these problems.... twice. Clearly it hasn’t been fixed.

The air conditioner makes a “woosh sound” and the air do ant have consistent pressure coming out of the vent.

Most recently, I went to start the vehicle and couldn’t. The break was locked and the error message said “service shifter”. Not long after this, while waiting on the tow, the car battery completely died. We had a jump and I was able to drive home.

Since then, the car has to work “extra hard” to turn on. I almost hold my breath and just hope my family and I won’t be stranded.

The vehicle is just over two years old and has 33509 miles on it.

Someone please help. Chrysler won’t, the dealership “has”. I don’t even know what to do anymore. We bought a “reliable family vehicle” and it’s anything but.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 06:58 PM

You have a number of random electrical issues so I would start with cleaning terminals and then a brand new battery as your first two steps. Search the forum for people who’ve had to change main and ESS batteries already and some of their symptoms may sound familiar to you.
‘Back in the day’ automotive electrical systems were typically designed to keep working all the way down to at least 9.6 volts (3 volts less than nominal battery 12.6V and tolerant of a completely shorted 2.1v battery cell). I don’t think young automotive computer system designers are taught to leave enough margin on the low end.
SciTchr, Longtimemopar and TomB985 like this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Last edited by BrettP; 09-12-2018 at 02:23 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoode0523 View Post
I don’t even know where to start.... I don’t even feel safe driving this vehicle.

I called Chrysler customer service to see if there were any recalls or known problems and she told me no. I am hoping by posting here someone can help me.

Keyless entry/remote start doesn’t work.

**Both sliding doors lose power randomly and go into “operate manual mode”.

**Occasionally The sliding door on the drivers side will open on its own when we go to close it. It will get about halfway or 3/4 of the way and just open.

** The lift gate does the same thing.... acts like it’s going to shut and then opens.

**the dealership has “fixed” these problems.... twice. Clearly it hasn’t been fixed.

The air conditioner makes a “woosh sound” and the air do ant have consistent pressure coming out of the vent.

Most recently, I went to start the vehicle and couldn’t. The break was locked and the error message said “service shifter”. Not long after this, while waiting on the tow, the car battery completely died. We had a jump and I was able to drive home.

Since then, the car has to work “extra hard” to turn on. I almost hold my breath and just hope my family and I won’t be stranded.

The vehicle is just over two years old and has 33509 miles on it.

Someone please help. Chrysler won’t, the dealership “has”. I don’t even know what to do anymore. We bought a “reliable family vehicle” and it’s anything but.

Welcome to the forum.

I agree about ruling out a battery issue since there have been several posts about bad batteries (less than a year old) causing weird problems. Besides replacing the battery, you might also change the fob battery to see if that helps the remote start issue. There have been posts about some fob batteries not lasting a year.

The forum search feature might also be helpful if the battery wasn't the source of the problems. There is a lot of good info in the forum. If there is another dealership you can go to, that might be another option.

If you go to the Mopar owner's website and put your VIN in, you can see if there are any recalls for your van. Don't stress out about the parking brake recall since it is really just a 1 inch trim piece that gets replaced so that someone can't access the manual release strap as easily. You should still have it done, but it isn't as critical as it sounds in the recall. You will wonder why it even needs done when you read about it, but since it could be a potential safety issue if the strap were pulled, it has a recall.

If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the User CP (click on the red letters next to Log Out), it will show up at the bottom every time and may help others assist you. I hope things improve.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 05:56 PM

How is a 2018 nearly 2 years old?

2018 Pacifica Touring L
Bright White
Cognac/Alloy/Toffee interior
18 in Wheels
Overhead DVD
No matter where you go there you are!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Maybe I missed it, but I don't think he said it was a 2018.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
The person joined the forum in 2018 to try to resolve issues with the van, but probably has a 2017 built in 2016. My 2017 Pacifica was built in Sept 2016 and has around 27,700 miles and is about 2 years old.

I hope we hear if it was the battery or what solved the problems.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

It is a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, sorry that I didn’t clarify the year in my post.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Just to update.....

My husband took the van to the dealership on Thursday (it wouldn’t start again). Turns out that battery had a crack in it and has been leaking. It is at the dealership and they did find several recalls they are also going to fix. Well get it back sometime next week and hopefully that will solve the issues.

We are contemplating trading in our 2017 and getting the 2018..... we are too close to the factory warranty running out and this car has had way too many problems for me to want to risk that.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Just to update.....

My husband took the van to the dealership on Thursday (it wouldn’t start again). Turns out that battery had a crack in it and has been leaking. It is at the dealership and they did find several recalls they are also going to fix. Well get it back sometime next week and hopefully that will solve the issues.

We are contemplating trading in our 2017 and getting the 2018..... we are too close to the factory warranty running out and this car has had way too many problems for me to want to risk that.
If you are planning on getting a new one, be sure it is a 2019. They are now being delivered to the dealers. No advertised changes (other than colors and option list changes), but those running engineering changes will be the latest.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I can't blame your frustration on this, but just about every problem you described in your initial post can be caused by a bad battery. Electrical problems can be a real pain to diagnose, and it sounds like your dealer didn't get it right the first few times. There's a good chance a new battery and clean terminals will have everything working well for years.

2019 Tesla Model 3

Former: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page