Second row headrest. - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By FastDEW

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Second row headrest.

The headrest in the second row are like stuck in place. Does anyone have or had this problem?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Never mind, found the answer.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...tml#post333682

They are not adjustable. Even when they have the buttons that make you believe that they are.

-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citanic View Post
Never mind, found the answer.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...tml#post333682

They are not adjustable. Even when they have the buttons that make you believe that they are.
It may depend on what your definition of adjustable is. In my 2017 Pacifica there are two buttons on each second row head rest. If I push both of them at the same time and pull upward, I can raise the head rest. My manual also says they aren't adjustable, so maybe the manual means forward and backward adjustable. So, if you have someone who can pull up on the head rest while you push both buttons, it might move upward. It was a little difficult the first time, but it moves easier now. I have Stow and Go seats and can raise the head rests. There may have been changes in the 2018, but it might be worth another try.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...tml#post333770

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Pulling upward does not work in mine.

-

2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 12:31 AM

They are NOT adjustable. If yours pull up, then the clip inside the seat is disconnected. I have removed the back of the second row seats and undone the clip and cable so I could remove them for car seat installation - they interfere with car seats otherwise.

There is a metal ring on the post of the headrest locking it into place. There is also a cable which connects to the disconnect so that when you use your stow n go, it will drop the headrest.
citanic likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDEW View Post
They are NOT adjustable. If yours pull up, then the clip inside the seat is disconnected. I have removed the back of the second row seats and undone the clip and cable so I could remove them for car seat installation - they interfere with car seats otherwise.

There is a metal ring on the post of the headrest locking it into place. There is also a cable which connects to the disconnect so that when you use your stow n go, it will drop the headrest.
If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) it will help others compare their van to yours and its features.

My 2017 Pacifica second row head rests may be raised a few inches when pushing both buttons in at the same time as I raise them. If you think the clip inside my seats is disconnected, I'm not going to worry about it since the head rests seem to work as designed and for stow and go as well. I don't have a need to remove the head rests. Sorry if the design may have been changed in later models.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page