Uconnect issues (carplay and android not connecting) - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2018, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Uconnect issues (carplay and android not connecting)

Hey guys,

I bought my Pacifica 2018 Touring plus today.

At the dealership during the showing, the sales guy's cell phone carplay connected ok. Once, purchase was done and I was about to take it out, my android couldn't connect and neither any of the apple phones also at the dealership.

I came home, my wife's android connects once but I try again, it doesn't. My phone doesn't either.

It appears functional but I guess am missing something.

Any inputs on this? Did anyone face this before? U

Chrysler Pacifica 2018 Touring +
Dark Cordovan
Safety Tec package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2018, 10:44 PM

Verify youre using the correct USB port. Only one of them will work for CarPlay/Android Auto. Needs to be top one on right next to the small cubby. Not the one next to DVD drive.

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build
Old 09-30-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guys,

I bought my Pacifica 2018 Touring plus today.

At the dealership during the showing, the sales guy's cell phone carplay connected ok. Once, purchase was done and I was about to take it out, my android couldn't connect and neither any of the apple phones also at the dealership.

I came home, my wife's android connects once but I try again, it doesn't. My phone doesn't either.

It appears functional but I guess am missing something.

Any inputs on this? Did anyone face this before? U
Welcome to the forum. Does the phone icon on the touchscreen (under settings if it isn't on the first page) light up with some blue bars?

If you are having phone connection issues I suggest that you unpair the phone and then try pairing it again. The touchscreen should have a number that the phone will also show to verify (under bluetooth settings on phone).

Which phone are you using? My Samsung G4 seemed to work, but then it wasn't consistent. When I took the van in to have it checked, they said the G4 wasn't on the official tested list so I tried a G5 I had at home and it seems to be working better.

Check the UConnect website to see if you need any updates (that the dealer should have done).
https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Old 09-30-2018, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post

If you are having phone connection issues I suggest that you unpair the phone and then try pairing it again. The touchscreen should have a number that the phone will also show to verify (under bluetooth settings on phone).

Which phone are you using? My Samsung G4 seemed to work, but then it wasn't consistent. When I took the van in to have it checked, they said the G4 wasn't on the official tested list so I tried a G5 I had at home and it seems to be working better.

Check the UConnect website to see if you need any updates (that the dealer should have done).
https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html
I did connect to right port @apnar

@SciTchr : Mine is Galaxy S5. Somehow it works sometimes and it doesn't sometimes. In the beginning I tried pairing and unpairing. It didn't work. Actually uconnect should recognize the android auto or carplay and the icon should show up (doesn't need phone pairing via bluetooth). Even after bluetooth connection, it doesn't show the icon. I tried my wife's latest motoG android. It connected once (phone shut down during first time and blank uconnect screen also). But, when I tried again, it did not. Like I said, at the dealership also none were able to get their carplay working once car was in my hands!

I just tried my galaxy S5 again after clearing up some memory (mine is 4 years old) with the cable I got from Samsung. It did connect. I tried it twice and it seem to have worked although it hung up the first time. Both phone and uconnect turn blank first time.

I get a message on my phone asking whether I want the other device (uconnect in this case) be connected for charging, or for media transmission, or for something else I can't remember. If I choose charging, it works. i.e, android auto link shows up in uconnect. If I choose it can transfer media, etc, android auto link doesn't show up.

I guess I should keep checking and see how it goes. It definitely isn't a smooth operation. I'll keep you guys posted tomorrow how it goes. Hopefully it will work just fine!

yoga

I'll check again tomorrow morning to see how it fares.

Dark Cordovan
Safety Tec package
Old 09-30-2018, 08:56 AM

There have been a number of reports with folks having temperamental USB ports. Sometimes they have luck pulling the USB plug back out a tiny bit after fully inserting it. Id suggest also testing with a known good USB stick with a handful of mp3s on it to try to narrow down the issue between software or the physical USB port itself.

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build
Old 09-30-2018, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Tested again today. works fine. No issues. The only (non) issue I have is that I can't have my Samsung music via bluetooth and also have android autoplay both working at same time. Once the Android Auto takes over the interface, I can use it as a good navigation point and play music via google play.

When turning on I noticed my phone asks me for various options. Whether to use it as usb device, or to use it as bluetooth device, or transfer media files, etc. I have to choose usb device for android auto to work and use it as navigation interface.

I can pair via bluetooth and/or usb to play music but then android auto won't be allowed. May be in latest phones its still possible.

So far so good...

Dark Cordovan
Safety Tec package
Old 10-01-2018, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Another update folks:

Today used it multiple times and it works just fine connecting to Android auto. I figured I can play music via auxiliary input connection while the android auto runs. So, all good.

Drove about 120miles today (mostly highway) and it runs just great.

So far really happy with the vehicle..

Tags
android , carplay , uconnect

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in