2nd Row Tilt Not Working - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

2nd Row Tilt Not Working

Hi All- I have a 2018 Pacifica and one of the second row seats quit tilting forward. I can’t figure out the issue. Anyone have a similar problem with a solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 11:24 PM

Yes I have. Basically what happened was the Chrysler floor mat slid back a little too far and it jammed up the seat. Once the seat senses it requires more effort than it should to put seat up or down it disables it. Have to take it to dealership, remove obstruction, and recalibrate it. The service advisor was able to do it in about 5 minutes. They hook up their little tablet odb tool and resets and recalibrated it.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05AG View Post
Hi All- I have a 2018 Pacifica and one of the second row seats quit tilting forward. I can’t figure out the issue. Anyone have a similar problem with a solution?
Do you mean when you are trying to stow the seat? If I don't have the arm rests up, the seat doesn't stow as easily.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 06:17 AM

OP, are you talking about the Stow and Go type seats?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 06:20 AM

Pretty sure the OP is talking about tilting the second row, not stowing.

I haven't had this issue, just wanted to clarify the issue. How does the release lever feel? Perhaps a disconnected cable?

2019 Tesla Model 3

Former: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Yes I have. Basically what happened was the Chrysler floor mat slid back a little too far and it jammed up the seat. Once the seat senses it requires more effort than it should to put seat up or down it disables it. Have to take it to dealership, remove obstruction, and recalibrate it. The service advisor was able to do it in about 5 minutes. They hook up their little tablet odb tool and resets and recalibrated it.
Lily. are you talking about the 3rd row? I don't think there are any electronics involved with the 2nd row, which is the OP's problem area.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Lily. are you talking about the 3rd row? I don't think there are any electronics involved with the 2nd row, which is the OP's problem area.
Yeah, I dont know what I was thinking. I was talking about the 3rd row. Second row has allot of cable and housing. Most of the time the little stopers on the end of the cable are just crimped on and isnt uncommon for them to come off with use. I've had to replace quit a few on crew seats on aircraft - and supposedly those are "high quality aviation grade" as the price reflected it lol.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page