cannot update uconnect headunit - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

cannot update uconnect headunit

Hi everyone..

I am trying to update my uconnect head unit... but after going on the download page, using de van vin, and downloading the software, it brings a message up that its not year compatible...

any ideas ??

my wife is having trouble hearing whatsapp voice messages thru the car speakers... so she has been nagging me for a while hahah I tought maybe an update could help,,,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5022.jpg (100.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5021.jpg (115.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5020.jpg (113.3 KB, 29 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masteron View Post
Hi everyone..

I am trying to update my uconnect head unit... but after going on the download page, using de van vin, and downloading the software, it brings a message up that its not year compatible...

any ideas ??

my wife is having trouble hearing whatsapp voice messages thru the car speakers... so she has been nagging me for a while hahah I tought maybe an update could help,,,
First -- did you get it from a Chrysler dealer? If so, and you just bought it, I would bring it back and ask them to do it.

Did you get the update software from https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/chrysler.html

There is a helpful video at https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html

You can also call the U-connect tech people with all your s/n's and version information and see if somebody did something weird like an incorrect replacement of the head unit before you got it. The voice support number is 1-877-855-8400.

Interesting that the site shows that my U-Connect system has updates pending from the spring -- and it has been at the dealer several times and they did NOT update it. I'll wait for my next visit.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks jerry..

Yeah got it from a dealer..
I also got the software from that webpage
Added my vin and the page gave me that an update was pending..

Ill give them a call tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White 2017 Pacifica Limited Gas with 20" wheels

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry17 View Post
Interesting that the site shows that my U-Connect system has updates pending from the spring -- and it has been at the dealer several times and they did NOT update it. I'll wait for my next visit.
It seems like I have to print out the UConnect update page and hand it to the dealer in order for them to "find" a UConnect update and do it. I think they only check the Mopar site. Just a suggestion.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 08:35 AM

Garage
You are loading the USB stick with your update in the back USB port of one of your second row monitors? Try that.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 08:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
It seems like I have to print out the UConnect update page and hand it to the dealer in order for them to "find" a UConnect update and do it. I think they only check the Mopar site. Just a suggestion.
when you have done this, the dealership has done a Uconnect update no charge?

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by citanic View Post
You are loading the USB stick with your update in the back USB port of one of your second row monitors? Try that.

Ill try that... see if that works

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White 2017 Pacifica Limited Gas with 20" wheels
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masteron View Post
Hi everyone..

any ideas ??

I don't think this is Uconnect related. Uconnect would be software built into the head unit. It either works or it doesn't.

If it recognizes your phone as Android / Apple Car play then uconnect is not the issue.

Are you doing this via the USB cable Android / Apple Car play or bluetooth? Could be the phone itself.

Try the usual restart phone, unpair / pair again, try same phone in a different car with blue tooth see if you get same result. Unfortunately you have to isolate the issue before you can say its a uconnect problem.

Uconnect is pretty much navigation, Sirius radio and built in apps, that's pretty much it. When the phone get's involved it's 100% phone connectivity / connection issues but update won't fix it.

What is the problem exactly? Wife can't hear through speakers at all or it's intermittent? Maybe give us more details.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker06 View Post
If it recognizes your phone as Android / Apple Car play then uconnect is not the issue.

Are you doing this via the USB cable Android / Apple Car play or bluetooth?
Rest of your questions are good, but it is apparent from his pictures that he has a 2017. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay didn't become available until the 2018's.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 12:20 PM

On another thread, when he introduced himself, he said he had just purchased a used Platinum 2017 hybrid

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page