Issues fixed on 2019s? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Issues fixed on 2019s?

Considering ordering a 2019 Touring L Plus hoping that the significant issues with the 2017s and 2018s have been fixed. By chance has anyone taken delivery of a 2019 who can provide input?

Looked at the Odyssey which has much more comfortable seats, more legroom, more cargo space behind the third row, and actual control buttons for various functions rather than fiddling through a bunch of menus on the Pacifica, but couldn't get past the lack of rear a/c and lack of heated second row seats.

Looked at the Sedona but it seemed to have less passenger/cargo space, and you can't get it with captain's chairs without getting the top of the line model which forces you to have a sunroof and burgundy interior.

Looked at the Sienna but it seemed a little behind the times.

That only leaves the Pacifica, but the abyssmal reviews on this and other forums make me very scared, so a little positive news from a 2019 owner would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dporter22 View Post
Considering ordering a 2019 Touring L Plus hoping that the significant issues with the 2017s and 2018s have been fixed. By chance has anyone taken delivery of a 2019 who can provide input?

That only leaves the Pacifica, but the abyssmal reviews on this and other forums make me very scared, so a little positive news from a 2019 owner would help.
First EVERY car model has problems. You may not hear about the more expensive vehicles.. but they ALL have issues.

Secondly every manufacturer learns from the previous year. They have parts they work with engineers and fix the issues. Even if you don't have same issues you might have other issues because you have a new model, They introduce new parts , new opportunities for repair.

Third, even though there seems to be problems lets face it this forum is MOSTLY for problems issues and questions about how to DIY. So if this is representative of % of 'flawed' vehicles it's VERY low.

They manufactured around 100K of these VANS and only a few dozen come here to complain, I would call that a HUGE win for Chrysler. Still even if this isn't the only site to log complaints Consumer Reports DOES track this stuff and AAA along with other sites are made aware of issues.

I haven't seen any reports from either of those camps to suggest the Pacifica is bad in fact it's the opposite the more people that test and look at this vehicle the more people like it.

Fourth Pacifica was remade. I sold cars for Chrysler Jeep in 2003 and 2004. 2003 was the first collaboration between Mercedes and Chrysler and it was an SUV called the 'Pacifica' It's a FAR cry from what it was.. much improved.

So FWIW I own a 2018 Pacifica LTD 20" 'S' Package and I have owned 20 cars in 31 years.. not driven, OWNED and I can tell you that this Model is far and away the BEST most utility vehicle I have ever driven or owned. That tells me that chrysler has done a lot of research and spent $$$$ to make Pacifica a GREAT vehicle.. They learn from their mistakes.

No car is perfect.. I know from my experience BWM and Mercedes leave a LOT to be desired. Would never own myself. Jeep is crap as well, Cherokee might be popular but 4x4 is plagued with multiple issues.

Been around lots of brands, Chrysler is HORRIBLE -- back then -- now I can say with all honesty Chrysler has made me believe in Technology and Engineering again and I completely IGNORED the entire chrysler segment because of my days when I sold them. It's not ANYWHERE close to what they were.

Pacifica is a shining example of that. I have owned about 5 different Hyundai was going with my 6th until the Pacifica.. I took a REALLY hard look at it looked at reviews.. didn't want to believe what I was seeing until I finally just had to resolve that Chrysler has realized where they went wrong and fixed it.

Pacifica is WELL made, not cheap, they have a LOT of things they did right don't see any flaws, design is awesome and it's a minivan.. never in a million years would I be caught dead in a minivan but here I am, a TRUE believer.

I say all of this to say this, don't worry about what you MIGHT encounter just be positive and believe you made a GREAT decision in going with a 2019 Pacifica

Quote:
ooked at the Odyssey which has much more comfortable seats, more legroom, more cargo space behind the third row, and actual control buttons for various functions rather than fiddling through a bunch of menus on the Pacifica, but couldn't get past the lack of rear a/c and lack of heated second row seats.
i literally test drove every 2018-2019 SUV / Truck (not the small ones full size). I was down to Honda Pilot Elite and VW Atlas. Odyssey did seem a little on the basic side for my taste. Did not think it was more comfortable. Thought Atlas has a good ride but the Honda Ridgeline was my favorite. It's only 5 passenger, may as well buy the Accord at that point.

Toyota is WAY behind the times. I drove the highlander 'supposedly the best SUV -- based on what not sure'. First thing show me the radio. Sirius but NO Android / Apple car play.

Umm.. what?!?! It's 2018.. ok test drive is over, done. Salesman actually looked at me and said 'you going to give up for one feature'. I was like.. well if I am going to spend a lot of money it BETTER have everything I want.. and it was cheap quality if you ask me.. maybe because 'TOY' says it all.

It's funny you mention controls intead of menus.. your phone. Do you have a button for everything or can you customize it for your preferences? You can only do so much with knobs. menus are the reason phones are so much fun to use.. you can do anything you want how you want, same as Pacifica.. it has a lot of features. I actually praise them for making the Uconnect so advanced.. one my personal selling points. RAM 1500 2019 as well..
gory and TishTash like this.

Last edited by rparker06; 10-17-2018 at 02:58 PM.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

I'm all about customizing, and technology is great when applied intelligently, but a phone is not a vehicle and direct buttons/knobs/dials are much safer and more effective in a vehicle for major functions. This is a proven ergonomic fact.

In a several thousand pound vehicle traveling down the road at 80 mph, the last thing a driver needs is to mess around with various menus trying to turn the seat heat off or change the radio station, let alone the sheer annoyance of exiting out of whichever screen you happen to be using just to search around a bunch of option trees.
Longtimemopar and chesterbear like this.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 01:14 AM

I love the reduced clutter. Every additional button on the dash would make me willing to pay $1000 less. Add 40 buttons, and you would have to pay me to get in it.
moose78 likes this.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dporter22 View Post

Looked at the Odyssey which has much more comfortable seats, more legroom, more cargo space behind the third row, and actual control buttons for various functions rather than fiddling through a bunch of menus on the Pacifica, but couldn't get past the lack of rear a/c and lack of heated second row seats.

Looked at the Sedona but it seemed to have less passenger/cargo space, and you can't get it with captain's chairs without getting the top of the line model which forces you to have a sunroof and burgundy interior.

Looked at the Sienna but it seemed a little behind the times.

All manufacturers make incremental changes through the procuction cycle as problems with specific parts are identified and resolved. Since a 2019 Pacifica is identical to a 2018, I would not expect any material difference in reliability/quality between a 2019 and a 2018 built late in the model year.

Like you, I think Honda and Chrysler are the only two worth considering. In my case, this is because they are the only two with top performance in passenger safety during crash testing. BTW, the Honda slightly outperforms the Pacifica in this regard, though the difference is perhaps not meaningful.

My gut feel is that you are somewhat more likely to have a problem of some significance with the Pacifica than with the Honda - but that itís also very unlikely in both cases. But also that Pacifica owners without major problems are significantly more satisfied than Honda owners. There are many quality complaints over in the odyclub forum, especially along the lines of body panel alignment, radio/entertainment system failures, air conditioning performance, and more. There do seem to be fewer outright mechanical failures and stalling problems there. A lot of Odyssey owners complain their start/stop system never stops, which sounds like a feature not a bug to me.

Not sure what lack of hard buttons you are complaining about. The Pac has knobs for audio volume and tuning and hard buttons for every climate control function. The one soft touch function I frequently use is the surround camera, so I dragged that icon down to the menu bar on Uconnect, where it is readily available. In general I think Chrysler blows Honda away in user friendly design. An example is how to disable automatic high beam operation. On the Pac,itís a check box on Uconnect under an obvious menu item (config, I think - not willing to go out to look). On the Honda, you hold the high beam stalk for 40 seconds while the van is running and parked - nothing you will ever figure out without pouring through the many hundreds of pages of owners manual. http://m.owners.honda.com/assets/201...Headlights.pdf

I purchased my 2018 Touring L in May. It was built in August of 2017, so sat on the dealers lot for many months (itís the least popular color, which I happen to like). I have about 9500 miles on it now. So far I have had no problems. Once or twice Uconnect was a bit slow to startup, but thatís the worst Iíve experienced. It has been to the dealer once for the cruise control software recall. I am impressed by how gracefully and elegantly everything on the car works. Itís very impressive, especially at the $31k-ish price point at which I bought it.

One mans experience...
Longtimemopar likes this.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:56 AM

@rpaker06 Did you test drove the new Subaru Ascent as well? We loved it, but needed more comfortable 3rd row and that's why we ended up with a Pacifica Hybrid
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 12:26 PM

We waited two years into the production run before ordering ours and, except for the cruise control recall (where ours didn't show any of the symptoms), it has been flawless in its 7k miles. Chrysler really nailed it right on this one.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Happy to hear the positve experiences.

I'm trading in a 2010 T&C which has some sort of electrical issue that they can't fix which randomly makes the wipers turn on, the dash goes crazy, the infotainment turns off, the a/c turns off, the windows and locks won't function, the sliding doors won't open, etc. They've replaced a bunch of components but it still happens several times a week. Now it has another problem where sometimes it'll start but won't stay running until you try 3 or 4 times.

Ridiculous. That's why I'm hesitant to purchase another Chrysler. After dealing with the T&C, I would hate to purchase an even worse vehicle and have my wife and kids getting stuck in an intersection like has happened to many Pacifica owners. The T&C electrical issue is annoying, but an engine that quits for no reason is potentially life-threatening.

The Chrysler dealer didn't get back to me on ordering a Pacifica, so I went to order an Enclave. That dealer said Buick isn't currently producing the trim level I want, so it's back to the Pacifica.

What a hassle.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

FYI, the 2019 info is now on the Chrysler website.
GAMCAMECM likes this.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:51 PM

Previously owned 2 Odysseyís .Test drove several new Odysseyís.My choice was the 2019 Pacifica touring L +.
My opinion is that it is much better than the Odyssey,and thoroughly enjoy the new ride Have 2K miles on it and am very happy with my choice. Seats are comfy,ride and handling are great.MPGís and quite cabin are a plus.Really disliked the magic
slide middle seats and location of oil filter and lousy brake rotor problems on the Odyssey.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page