2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA TOURING L WAGON stalled while driving - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA TOURING L WAGON stalled while driving

I was driving on the highway at about 40 mph hour, when my car suddenly stalled. I caused a chain reaction of shortstops on the highway, and thank God nothing happened to anyone, we could have gotten killed. My car was at the dealer two weeks ago because of battery issues, my car did not start many times, and the ESS system did not work. I also complained about my transmission slipping or hesitating when I give gas. Officially they fixed all the recalls, changed the auxiliary battery, and also updated the software so that the transmission works better. After leaving the dealer, the transmission is not better, and two days later my car did not start again. Now this week my car actually stalled while I was driving. I wonder if Chrysler will ever find the real solution for this dangerous problem.

Do I have to go to the dealer again and wait weeks for an appointment, spend money for an Uber to and from the dealer plus a car rental????

I see that there is a class action law suit about the stalling issue

I was told that they fixed all the recalls on the car already. So what do I do now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David188 View Post
I was driving on the highway at about 40 mph hour, when my car suddenly stalled. I caused a chain reaction of shortstops on the highway, and thank God nothing happened to anyone, we could have gotten killed. My car was at the dealer two weeks ago because of battery issues, my car did not start many times, and the ESS system did not work. I also complained about my transmission slipping or hesitating when I give gas. Officially they fixed all the recalls, changed the auxiliary battery, and also updated the software so that the transmission works better. After leaving the dealer, the transmission is not better, and two days later my car did not start again. Now this week my car actually stalled while I was driving. I wonder if Chrysler will ever find the real solution for this dangerous problem.

Do I have to go to the dealer again and wait weeks for an appointment, spend money for an Uber to and from the dealer plus a car rental????

I was told that they fixed all the recalls on the car already. So what do I do now?
If you private message @ChryslerCares (by clicking on the red letters) and send them your VIN, maybe they could assist you regarding the stalling issue. Was the recall done before it stalled?
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/453210-post2.html

My van hasn't had a stall or battery problem yet and has 29,000 miles. It doesn't have ESS. It has had a transmission update and learning adaptations reset twice. The transmission is shifting fine now. One thing that might help the transmission is to have the transmission learning feature reset.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/528081-post5.html

As far as a rental is concerned, if you have an extended warranty, some rental coverage may be included, but otherwise you have to see if the dealer or @ChryslerCares can assist you with getting a loaner.

Keep us posted.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
Quote:

If you private message @ChryslerCares (by clicking on the red letters) and send them your VIN, maybe they could assist you regarding the stalling issue. Was the recall done before it stalled?
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/453210-post2.html

My van hasn't had a stall or battery problem yet and has 29,000 miles. It doesn't have ESS. It has had a transmission update and learning adaptations reset twice. The transmission is shifting fine now. One thing that might help the transmission is to have the transmission learning feature reset.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/528081-post5.html

As far as a rental is concerned, if you have an extended warranty, some rental coverage may be included, but otherwise you have to see if the dealer or @ChryslerCares can assist you with getting a loaner.

Keep us posted.
There is no link in red that I can click on to repspond in private. The recall was done on September 28, the car stalled on October 14th.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
There is no link in red that I can click on to repspond in private. The recall was done on September 28, the car stalled on October 14th.
Click on the @ChryslerCares words and you should be able to send a private message.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page