2017 gauge and screen brightness delay issue (video inside) - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

2017 gauge and screen brightness delay issue (video inside)

I have posted about this a while back and didnít get very far and wanted to try again since I now have a video. Basically what happens is there is way too long of a delay for the gauges and screen to brighten once daylight conditions exist rendering the backup camera and gauges useless. This issue does NOT happen on the 2018 Pacifica so they fixed whatever the issue is. When backing out of a dark garage with headlights in AUTO mode, the screen and gauges remain dim until the headlights turn off. Any other car and the screen and gauges brighten instantly and independently from the headlights.
Right now the only work around is to leave the rotator knob to the full bright detent, but then you gotta remember to switch it back at night otherwise your lights are blindingly bright at night. Essentially completely defeating the purpose of auto headlights. No other car I have owned behaves this way including other new FCA vehicles AND a 2018 Pacifica we had on a test drive. Yes this is kind of minor and we love the van, but this drives me nuts!!!! Haha

I absolutely cannot be the only one that this bothers because a LOT of people back out of a garage in this exact same situation. Just hoping that there is some sort of fix or software update. Itís been a while, but last time at the dealer they were not able to assist me and said they saw no updates. Itís been about a year though.

Take a look at this video and youíll see what I mean. I would prefer the fix not to be to buy a new 2018 or 2019 haha.

2017 Cadillac ATS 3.6 awd Premium, Phantom Gray, Carbon Black package, Recaros
2017 Pacifica Limited, bright white, black/deep mocha, AST, blu-ray, 20Ē wheels, HK audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 12:03 PM

Yeah, that's about how ours behaves. It drives me nuts too. We don't have a garage, but simply pulling out of a shadow into the light takes several beats until the screen goes bright. I realize with my impatience at this lack of promptness in adjusting how attached I've become to the backup camera, and need to fall back on actually looking for obstacles and cross-traffic (although the car's cross traffic alert and rear brake assist are not affected by the screen delay, and are literal lifesavers. Love those).

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) w/tow. April 2016 build.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page