Pacifica 18 Limited. Driver open door warning message but door is closed. - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1
Pacifica 18 Limited. Driver open door warning message but door is closed.

Have anyone experienced this issue before? New 2018 Pacifica Limited displaying a "door open" message all the time for the driver door. All other doors sensors operate fine except that the driver's one remains saying that the door is open when it is actually closed. After I close the door, start the van, release the parking brake and start driving it, then the parking brake automatically gets engaged again. Then I release the parking brake again and continue driving. The "Vehicle not in Park" message is added to the panel and finally the start/stop service required warning "a yellow A inside a circle with exclamation sign" shows up as well. The interior lights remain on and a chime beeps every few minutes. I'm taking it to the dealer but they are so busy that they gave me the appointment date a week from today. I was not able to find an answer online and this could be a common issue. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
oplamg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by oplamg View Post
Have anyone experienced this issue before? New 2018 Pacifica Limited displaying a "door open" message all the time for the driver door. All other doors sensors operate fine except that the driver's one remains saying that the door is open when it is actually closed. After I close the door, start the van, release the parking brake and start driving it, then the parking brake automatically gets engaged again. Then I release the parking brake again and continue driving. The "Vehicle not in Park" message is added to the panel and finally the start/stop service required warning "a yellow A inside a circle with exclamation sign" shows up as well. The interior lights remain on and a chime beeps every few minutes. I'm taking it to the dealer but they are so busy that they gave me the appointment date a week from today. I was not able to find an answer online and this could be a common issue. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hi oplamg,

We're sorry this is happening! If you need any assistance working with your dealer at your appointment next week, just PM us any time.

Jennifer
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 755
It is probable that door closed sensor is not working.

The side affects are really annoying!

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16
jerry17 is online now  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 03:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
I just started having this problem last Friday (1/25/19) on my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring L.

In my case, the parking brake is not self engaging. Lights stay on (I had to manually turn all lights off in the cabin, which, unfortunately, dimmed the dashboard lights ... doesn't appear that the lighting controls are working properly either), and I get the message that a door is open whenever I slow down to a stop or start from a stop.

I also cannot lock the doors while inside the vehicle.
FatherOfFive63 is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Downstate Illinois (and sometimes Florida)
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherOfFive63 View Post
I just started having this problem last Friday (1/25/19) on my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring L.

In my case, the parking brake is not self engaging. Lights stay on (I had to manually turn all lights off in the cabin, which, unfortunately, dimmed the dashboard lights ... doesn't appear that the lighting controls are working properly either), and I get the message that a door is open whenever I slow down to a stop or start from a stop.

I also cannot lock the doors while inside the vehicle.
Welcome to the forum! Taking your user name as literal, I assume you have your hands full!

I don't have the hybrid, but many of the things work the same. That door message definitely requires a service call. Messing with fixing it might void the warranty.

The cabin lights issue might just require some learning. There is a discussion here.

On the gas model, there is a setting for self engaging parking brake. Check that.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
Waldo is online now  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherOfFive63 View Post
I just started having this problem last Friday (1/25/19) on my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring L.

In my case, the parking brake is not self engaging. Lights stay on (I had to manually turn all lights off in the cabin, which, unfortunately, dimmed the dashboard lights ... doesn't appear that the lighting controls are working properly either), and I get the message that a door is open whenever I slow down to a stop or start from a stop.

I also cannot lock the doors while inside the vehicle.
Welcome to the forum. If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at the bottom of each post. How long have you had your van?
You can download extensive owner's manuals on the Mopar and UConnect websites.

The auto parking brake setting is in the touchscreen settings.

Check the tailgate to be sure it is latched. When another vehicle was new we noticed that we weren't shutting it hard enough at first and got an opened door symbol. (It wasn't powered.)

How are you trying to lock the doors while inside the van? Have you tried the inside door lock button or fob lock button? Either should lock the van while you are in the van. When you open the driver's door from inside, the lock will unlock. Do the automatic locks engage at about 20 mph while you are driving?
You should be able to see/hear the locks working. You may need to see the dealer about the locks if they aren't working correctly.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 01-28-2019 at 11:06 PM.
SciTchr is online now  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 04:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,116
Pacifica 18 Limited. Driver open door warning message but door is closed.

Yes, I agree with SciTchr. Especially if you have five kiddos in the minivan it will be really unsafe to drive anywhere (someone might even consider it reckless). I would go to the dealership and demand to fix it ASAP. Also ask them for a loaner for the duration.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
Bond007 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherOfFive63 View Post
I just started having this problem last Friday (1/25/19) on my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring L.

In my case, the parking brake is not self engaging. Lights stay on (I had to manually turn all lights off in the cabin, which, unfortunately, dimmed the dashboard lights ... doesn't appear that the lighting controls are working properly either), and I get the message that a door is open whenever I slow down to a stop or start from a stop.

I also cannot lock the doors while inside the vehicle.
Hi FatherOfFive63,

We're sorry this is happening! Have you had the chance to bring this to the attention of your dealer for diagnosis? Please PM us if you need any assistance working with a dealer on this moving forward!

Jennifer
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
I'm now getting the same issue only drivers door, and door locks don't lock at either the button inside, when driving over 20mph, the key fob locks it only when it's not running.
Krunchee is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunchee View Post
I'm now getting the same issue only drivers door, and door locks don't lock at either the button inside, when driving over 20mph, the key fob locks it only when it's not running.
Hi Krunchee,
We recommend having your dealer look into this for you. If you would like any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message and we'll be happy to help!
Lydia
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Highlights of the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Everything you Love about it PacificaAdmin 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica News 6 09-06-2016 12:04 AM
Official Pricing from $28,595 joet67 Dealers, Purchasing and Ordering 7 07-21-2016 09:41 PM
MotorTrend - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited SoccerDad 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Reviews 0 06-01-2016 09:38 AM
The Chrysler Pacifica Gets a First Drive Review from Car & Driver PacificNW 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Reviews 0 04-05-2016 01:23 PM
Official Press Release joet67 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 0 01-28-2016 02:56 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome