2018 Pacifica - dealer add remote start - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

2018 Pacifica - dealer add remote start

I purchased a 2018 Pacifica., The dealer agreed to add remote start as part of my purchase. They added remote start and it is causing trouble with the locks on my car and also with the sensor that says when the key has left the vehicle. It's like it always registers that the key is still in the vehicle . They said these issues cannot be fixed and that they would have to install an aftermarket remote start and that I would have to carry two key fobs. I told them I am not interested in carrying to fobs. Anyone had this happen to them? Does adding a remote start negate the warranty on the starter if it is installed by the dealership and part of the original sale?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 09:47 AM

I don't have an answer to your question, but welcome to the forum!

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. Chrysler said as long as it's a Chrysler part it's covered. I still have an issue though because for whatever reason the Chrysler remote start does not function properly. So right now they are saying keep the one that does not function properly or they can take it out and install aftermarket (which is not covered under warranty and I will have to carry two fobs). I am not happy with either choice 😕

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newvan1 View Post
I purchased a 2018 Pacifica., The dealer agreed to add remote start as part of my purchase. They added remote start and it is causing trouble with the locks on my car and also with the sensor that says when the key has left the vehicle. It's like it always registers that the key is still in the vehicle . They said these issues cannot be fixed and that they would have to install an aftermarket remote start and that I would have to carry two key fobs. I told them I am not interested in carrying to fobs. Anyone had this happen to them? Does adding a remote start negate the warranty on the starter if it is installed by the dealership and part of the original sale?
Have you taken this problem to another dealership? You shouldn't have to but I would.

Giddy Up
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

No. You mean to ask them if they are familiar with the problem/have a solution? The sales mgr or gen manager is supposed to call me. This is what I was told Tuesday by my sales rep. I'm still waiting for the call...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in