Transmission problem at 15 miles an hour - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Transmission problem at 15 miles an hour

I have been having problems with 17 Pacifica do 9jng a hard shift at 15 miles per hour, feel like I'm being rear-ended when it shifts. Took it to dealer days it was an update issue. They updated it, but it is still doing it. I'm taking it back in Monday. I just hate that my less than 2 year old car is already having transmission problems and I dont feel safe when traveling far from home. Anyone with similar stories? I have seen some past threads but nothing recently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 10:56 AM

Yup. You're not the only one. Ours slams/hard shifts around 40-65 mph, and Chrysler will do nothing to address the problem. They want you to believe that all ZF9 transmissions behave this way, and we as consumers have to just get used to it (I have this in a written statement from them). They are correct that each manufacturer that uses a ZF9 has some issues, but they are incorrect that we as consumers have to settle for cars that behave this way.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) w/tow. April 2016 build.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessichristian View Post
I have been having problems with 17 Pacifica doing a hard shift at 15 miles per hour, feel like I'm being rear-ended when it shifts. Took it to dealer days it was an update issue. They updated it, but it is still doing it. I'm taking it back in Monday. I just hate that my less than 2 year old car is already having transmission problems and I don't feel safe when traveling far from home. Anyone with similar stories? I have seen some past threads but nothing recently.
Check this thread and other posts in it.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/525966-post48.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/530965-post56.html
I have had the transmission learning reset twice (at about 15,000 and 25,000 miles) and that is what seems to work for my van (for awhile at least). It is now at around 30,000 miles and is still shifting smoothly from the 25,000 mile reset. There is an at home reset that has worked for some people mentioned in a thread, but I've had to take the van to the dealer for clearing the transmission adaptations learning. This isn't a software upgrade or TSB, it is clearing accumulated code that is interfering with itself from what I understand.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...tml#post513048
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/356586-post2.html

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page