New 2018 broke down after driving off the lot - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

New 2018 broke down after driving off the lot

I've noticed a couple folks mentioning Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve issues and decided to add our experience.

We bought a new 2018 Limited back in February of 2018. My wife was the one to do the test drive. She mentioned that it felt a little sluggish, but not having driven a larger vehicle before, myself and the salesman passed it off as due to the different driving characteristics of a van. After purchasing, features tour, getting a car seat installed, accouterments in all of the storage spaces, etc., she drove off the dealer lot with myself close behind in our other vehicle. Only but a few minutes later on the highway I notice she isn't driving after we stopped behind a line of cars backed up from an exit ramp. The van was still right next to a lane with traffic going 65 mph+. She frantically called me saying that it wouldn't start. The auto stop/start had cut the engine, but couldn't get it going again. I jumped in and was able to get it to run for about 10 ft at a time with every restart to the shoulder.

The dealership sales crew was pretty awesome about it. The salesman came out to take a look, troubleshoot with their mechanics over the phone, and waited with me until it was towed back to the dealership at their expense. They replaced the EGR valve under warranty and showed me it was getting stuck closed.

We requested that Chrysler provide some kind of extended warranty. I'd say that's fair since it would cost Chrysler nothing to very little and allow us some peace of mind. The head of maintenance at the dealership was told by the regional rep that we would receive the warranty, but after months of following up and trying get them to follow through we gave up.

On top of that, when are they going to fix these terrible Uconnect issues? We have all of the symptoms: system-wide unresponsiveness and blackouts, theater app blackouts, reverse view on the screen after shifting to drive, and the remotes have never worked. Dealer update and the latest OTA haven't fixed anything. Disconnecting the battery is but a short-term solution. The software needs some serious work.

We lost faith in the van immediately after buying it. Has anyone else felt this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 03:58 PM

Garage
That really sucks! I had bought a newly designed Chevrolet Camaro in February of 1982. At 400 miles the fuel pump died. Being a new design, it took a week to get the part. It took me a long time to trust that car after that. I ended up keeping that car longer than I have kept any other vehicle in my life and NEVER had any problem with it after the fuel pump. Hopefully your experience will mirror that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
egr , stall , uconnect

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page