OEM windshield delay? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

OEM windshield delay?

I've heard of delays or shortages in some Pacifica parts, but was curious if anyone else has had to have their windshield replaced? Ours developed a nice crack that goes midway across, likely from a rock, and it will be replaced under our car insurance. But rather than any old windshield, I want OEM, and need it for the car's features that use the windshield (and it's the same price with my insurance). But through the third-party provider (Safelite), I have so far had a two month wait for a OEM Mopar windshield. They are going through a local dealer for the part (so a fourth party).

Anyone else had similar problems?

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) w/tow. April 2016 build.

Last edited by catboy; 11-24-2018 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Clear up typos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catboy View Post
I've heard of delays or shortages in some Pacifica parts, but was curious if anyone else has had to have their windshield replaced? Ours developed a nice crack that goes midway across, likely from a rock, and it will be replaced under our car insurance. But rather than any old windshield, I want OEM, and need it for the car's features that use the windshield (and it's the same price with my insurance). But through the third-party provider (Safelite), I have so far had a two month wait for a OEM Mopar windshield. They are going through a local dealer for the part (so a fourth party).

Haven't had that problem yet knock on wood... if my wife drove it I'd probably have 5 huge chips and a crack in it. Shes always getting chips in the jeep - shes a rock magnet. Actually I have a post somewhere on here about how my bottomed out the front bumper, jumped a curb, and hit god knows what and shot out the side of the van taking a huge gash out of the plastic trim.... all that within like 20 minutes

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:

i would PM ChryslerCares -- they may be able to get you an answer. But just for fun, call another dealer's parts department and see what they say. Try another state, too.

When I had a battery issue this past summer, the dealer replaced it with no mention of a delay as part of the explanation for it taking them 3 weeks to diagnose & repair. But at the same time, other posters were reporting significant wait times for a new battery.

Chrysler is not alone here -- our friend has a brand new 2019 Kia -- a hit & run bum took out 4 cars on his street. He has been waiting 2+ weeks for a lift gate with no estimate on when it will be available.......

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 12:10 AM

Garage
Quote:

What features require a factory windshield?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

I guess it depends on the model. For example, what rear view mirror there is whatever else mounts behind it (I've got some black thing on the glass up there too). I don't think its as drastic as the Subaru, which due to their EyeSight system, it has to have a very specific windshield.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 06:58 PM

Replaced my windshield w/ aftermarket for ~$200. They are compatible - your installer must determine which exact windshield is compatible with all your van's options (cameras/sensors/devices for driving aids like rain-sense wipers, collision warning, auto lighting, mirror dim, antennas, defrosters, etc...)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
What features require a factory windshield?
AFAIK, only the Chrysler Wing logo...
craig likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 08:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Gen View Post
AFAIK, only the Chrysler Wing logo...

Pretty sure that I wouldn't miss that enough to matter. LOL
Thundering Banshee likes this.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Pretty sure that I wouldn't miss that enough to matter. LOL

For resale, maybe. I'd need all the help I could get selling this car. Definitely not private party anyways, with all the creaks, groans and tranny weirdness.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 10:08 PM

I think it was on the "Easter Egg" thread that the logo was discussed was also a discussion of OEM glass and warranty. I found two threads that might help, but neither talk about any non-OEM impact on warranty. No more time to search.

These short thread are contradictory:

This one
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...tml#post517014
talks about the need for dealer recalibration after windshield installation.

and this one
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...tml#post511270
says recalibration wasn't needed.....

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page