Broken 2018 Pac Hybrid - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bond007
  • 1 Post By Boogers

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Broken 2018 Pac Hybrid

Hello all, I'm so frustrated with Chrysler and will try to make this short as possible. This is what I get for finally trying to support an American Car Co. We bought our 2018 Hybrid in Oct of 2017. Car was amazing when it worked properly. Had some off and on issues with charging but I always got it to work myself by resetting our charger at work. Went on vacation during the summer of 2018 and when we came back, the Vans charging port was dead but I got it to drive with it's gas engine after jumping the battery. Dropped it off at dealer and they got it to charge again but never made any sense on why it died in the first place. My wife drove the car for a week and the check engine light came on and then we had issues again with the Van not being able to charge the hybrid battery.

We brought the Van into the dealer on Oct 2, 2018 and it is still there! They changed out parts here and there. Was told the codes that came up don't make sense etc... Nothing they did is fixing the problem. They waited for a Chrysler Engineer to fly in to check it out since their mechanics were stumped and it was elevated as an extreme issue. They just changed out this week the major computer brain of the charging system and it still did not fix this issue. Being told that they forwarded this to the special engineer that is no longer there. My rep at the dealer says it may be the main hybrid battery that needs to be replaced but they will need to do more testing and get Chrysler's permission to change it out if need be. What a joke, in 2 days they will have had our Hybrid for 2 months straight and they still do not know whats wrong with it. I will not be surprised if they keep it for 2 more months.

I started my lemon buy back resolution with Chrysler on the 11/5/18 and I didn't hear from them so I called back on 11/9/18 and was informed that the Chrysler Rep that spoke with me on the 5th didn't follow thru so an official resolution for never started. On 11/12/18 a Chrysler rep called me to inform us that he was in charge of our case and gave me all the options that might happen and he would be keeping close contact with the dealer that has our van and he would be calling me each week to inform me on progress and updates. I have never heard from this resolution rep once and my service rep at the dealer says he has never heard from him.

My worst nightmare on giving an American Car Co a chance has come true. In 2 days the dealer will have had my Van for 2 months (8 friggen weeks!) and they still have zero clue as to what is wrong. How can I trust this car with my wife and 3 kids even if they find a fix. The manager of the dealer promised to call me back in 5 min to straighten things out but that was over a month ago and I never heard from him. My service rep at the dealer is a super nice guy but has never called me once to inform me on the progress of van. I don't call, I make sure I go in every week to get updates because of zero communication on their end. My official Chrysler resolution rep promised to call and keep me updated and walk me thru the process to make sure I felt my needs were being address, he has called me zero times.

I no longer want this Van for my family. Please help, any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Boogers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 02:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I have a 2017 gas Pacifica, but I'm throwing in my 2 cents because I want to help you by letting you know about the dispute process. I don't know your mileage, but I'm guessing you're still under the 3/36 warranty. I'd encourage you to either search Google (or this forum) for "Chrysler NCDS dispute" or look in owners manual for the dispute procedures. Launching a formal dispute is the only way to hold Chrysler responsible, largely because you have the law behind you and third-party arbitrators. I went through the process, and although I wasn't ultimately successful, I'd be happy to help. The dispute process is free to do.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) w/tow. April 2016 build.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 08:29 PM

Broken 2018 Pac Hybrid

What state are you in? If California you qualify for lemon if the van is in service for my than 30 days. I had a list of issues and chose to retain legal counsel to get FCA finally do right and repurchase their lemon. While it took a few months, and some negotiations, it was worth the time and energy.

Last edited by JMcMillan; 11-30-2018 at 08:31 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 08:18 AM

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. I donít have any help or advice to offer. Just wanted to say that is an awesome screen name for an owner having a less than stellar experience. Best of luck getting things resolved.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 08:35 AM

That's tough. But the problem you're having isn't unsafe for your wife and 3 kids is it? I mean it only has a problem with not charging. Hopefully you can get a buy back and get back into a new Pac Hy.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 09:20 AM

At this point I donít see any merit in trying to get it repaired. You just bought a brand new car and you should be treated like any potential new customer. You should focus on a full refund or new replacement vehicle. Iíve heard that Chrysler gives the run about with another third party arbitrator called stericycle or something like that. You should stop making calls and write a detailed letter addressed to Chrysler and mail it by registered post / Fedex. You can hire a legal counsel if you feel like. You will get a call within a few weeks. Insist on buyback only.
Just remember that all phone calls and verbal promises , will cease to exist within a few minutes and next person who talks to you will probably act as if hearing it for the first time , unless you have a written response from them. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lashton likes this.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response all. Catboy I did officially start the dispute procedure. I have an official case # etc... My assigned dispute resolution superviser promised me he would keep in touch with me at lease oncer per week to let me know whats going on with the case. Like Bond007 says, I'm dead to them now and will give me the run around. Whats crazy is no one is even called me to give me a run around. Zero, I mean absolutely zero communication on their part. Just so everyone knows, If you get a lawyer first the dispute resolution process will be forfeited and your only option is your lawyer. At least that's what I was told by my Chrysler resolution supervisor. By the way when I brought my van in, we had it for 11 months and it had exactly 13,677 miles. I also live in the east bay of the SF bay area. Happy Holidays all.

Boogers.
Bond007 likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 05:30 PM

Best wishes

Be sure to keep us updated with the resolution they give you. I am about to take mine in for the second time to get the "service charging system" problem addressed. So far I have not had an issue charging- just occasional errors and check engine light as has been the case after about 30 days of ownership- now at 10k miles and will be a year at the end of this month, I'm also in the SF Bay Area. Sorry for anyone who has to deal with this beyond 30 days- your clarification on the lawyer seems accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogers View Post
Thanks for the response all. Catboy I did officially start the dispute procedure. I have an official case # etc... My assigned dispute resolution superviser promised me he would keep in touch with me at lease oncer per week to let me know whats going on with the case. Like Bond007 says, I'm dead to them now and will give me the run around. Whats crazy is no one is even called me to give me a run around. Zero, I mean absolutely zero communication on their part. Just so everyone knows, If you get a lawyer first the dispute resolution process will be forfeited and your only option is your lawyer. At least that's what I was told by my Chrysler resolution supervisor. By the way when I brought my van in, we had it for 11 months and it had exactly 13,677 miles. I also live in the east bay of the SF bay area. Happy Holidays all.

Boogers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page