Fluctuating ambient air temp among other minor issues - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
freddief73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: I-O-W-A
Posts: 67
Fluctuating ambient air temp among other minor issues

We've had our van for almost three weeks, and we both love it. However, there are some things that need to get addressed by the dealership.

The most recent issue is a fault with the ambient air temp sensor. The temp indicated in the dash is very erratic and is indicating a temp substantially lower than it should. For example, Saturday it was showing -25F when the actual temp was 30F. The check engine light is on and codes P0073 (Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High) and U110E (Lost Ambient Temperature Message) are showing up.

This issue is causing remote start and auto stop/start to be disabled. I suspect a bad ambient air temp sensor is to blame, but we'll see what the dealer finds. The service manual states that removing the front fascia is required to replace the ambient temp sensor (located in front of radiator).

Other issues we currently have:

- front USB charging port isn't working properly
- MP3s occasionally skip when playing songs on a USB drive.
- passenger side sliding door needs to be adjusted inward. The black applique on the top sticks out a lot more than the other side (which looks smooth/flush).

- hood needs to be adjusted. The body lines are very uneven and the hood doesn't line up with adjacent body panels (vehicle has not been in an accident).

I consider these all to be minor complaints. The van was previously in a rental fleet, so it's likely they didn't care to get these things addressed.

However, I am still a bit upset since our van was supposed to be Chrysler certified pre-owned. The first few items I can understand not getting noticed during the CPO inspection, but IMO the hood and sliding door should have been caught since they are part of the CPO inspection checklist.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 33K miles

Last edited by freddief73; 12-10-2018 at 05:42 PM.
freddief73 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 09:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 123
the CPO check list actually lists door and hood alignment? Chances are those alignments are how it came from the factory and fall within the area of acceptable. Since the CPO really just extends the warranty, they are really just making sure the power train and other items look like they will last until the end of the CPO warranty
Nikbrewer is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
freddief73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: I-O-W-A
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikbrewer View Post
the CPO check list actually lists door and hood alignment? Chances are those alignments are how it came from the factory and fall within the area of acceptable. Since the CPO really just extends the warranty, they are really just making sure the power train and other items look like they will last until the end of the CPO warranty
To be fair, the checklist doesn't specifically have body panel alignment on it. It just has a checkbox under Appearance Standards > Exterior Condition > 103. Body panels.

I agree it probably came like that from the factory, and it could've easily been overlooked unless someone was specifically looking for it.

Here are a couple pics I took of the hood. The gap on the left is much wider than the gap on the right and doesn't have a consistent width on either side. I'm sure many folks reading this probably think I'm being picky, but this is our first new vehicle in 10 years. I just want it to look as nice as possible.


Hood_alignment_right.jpg Hood_alignment_left.jpg

There are a couple other issues I noticed.

Ours has the dimples on the top of the dash panel in the radio/nav unit area like many others on here have also reported.

The coolant level is also solid inch below the minimum line when the engine is cold.

Low_Coolant_level.jpg

Here are some pics of the sliding doors.

Left Side: (looks perfect)

Left_sliding_door (1).jpg Left_sliding_door (2).jpg

Right Side: (sticks out a little bit)

Right_sliding_door (1).jpg Right_sliding_door (2).jpg Right_sliding_door (3).jpg

Finally, I just got the OE front license plate bracket. When I hold it up to the bumper it doesn't seem to fit very flush. I ordered and received p/n 68259460AA. Can somebody confirm this is the correct part number for a Touring-L w/o Advanced SafetyTec?

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 33K miles
freddief73 is online now  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 03:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddief73 View Post
We've had our van for almost three weeks, and we both love it. However, there are some things that need to get addressed by the dealership.

The most recent issue is a fault with the ambient air temp sensor. The temp indicated in the dash is very erratic and is indicating a temp substantially lower than it should. For example, Saturday it was showing -25F when the actual temp was 30F. The check engine light is on and codes P0073 (Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High) and U110E (Lost Ambient Temperature Message) are showing up.

This issue is causing remote start and auto stop/start to be disabled. I suspect a bad ambient air temp sensor is to blame, but we'll see what the dealer finds. The service manual states that removing the front fascia is required to replace the ambient temp sensor (located in front of radiator).

Other issues we currently have:

- front USB charging port isn't working properly
- MP3s occasionally skip when playing songs on a USB drive.
- passenger side sliding door needs to be adjusted inward. The black applique on the top sticks out a lot more than the other side (which looks smooth/flush).

- hood needs to be adjusted. The body lines are very uneven and the hood doesn't line up with adjacent body panels (vehicle has not been in an accident).

I consider these all to be minor complaints. The van was previously in a rental fleet, so it's likely they didn't care to get these things addressed.

However, I am still a bit upset since our van was supposed to be Chrysler certified pre-owned. The first few items I can understand not getting noticed during the CPO inspection, but IMO the hood and sliding door should have been caught since they are part of the CPO inspection checklist.
Hi freddief73,
We are very sorry that you are experiencing all of these concerns with your vehicle. Please feel free to send us a private message if you would like any additional assistance once you decide to bring your vehicle to your dealership.
Lydia
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
freddief73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: I-O-W-A
Posts: 67
I thought I would follow up and post update to this thread.

We had our van at the dealership last week to get some minor front end damage repaired from a recent accident. While it was there we had them address some of the issues I mentioned earlier.

- The top dash panel/cover was replaced so the dimples are gone.
- The front right fender was pulled out a bit so it looks much better now.
- They added coolant and brought it back up to the proper level.

They adjusted the hood, and it looks much better than it did before. However, it now seems loose when shut and rattles sometimes while the engine is idling. The adjustable bumpers are raising the front of the hood too high (relative to the fenders) and it's still loose so the latch probably needs to be readjusted. The van is scheduled to go back Thursday to get the USB charging port replaced since they had to order the part. I asked them to try to adjust the passenger side sliding door again (which was oddly omitted from repair order for the first visit), and they said they can adjust the hood again as well.

They are also going to see if the TCM has any available updates since it seems to take a long time to shift from drive to reverse and vice versa.

The ambient temp sensor seems to still be functioning properly so we are leaving that alone for the time being.

I am hoping this second visit is the last for a while.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 33K miles

Last edited by freddief73; 03-19-2019 at 01:49 AM.
freddief73 is online now  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddief73 View Post
I thought I would follow up and post update to this thread.

We had our van at the dealership last week to get some minor front end damage repaired from a recent accident. While it was there we had them address some of the issues I mentioned earlier.

- The top dash panel/cover was replaced so the dimples are gone.
- The front right fender was pulled out a bit so it looks much better now.
- They added coolant and brought it back up to the proper level.

They adjusted the hood, and it looks much better than it did before. However, it now seems loose when shut and rattles sometimes while the engine is idling. The adjustable bumpers are raising the front of the hood too high (relative to the fenders) and it's still loose so the latch probably needs to be readjusted. The van is scheduled to go back Thursday to get the USB charging port replaced since they had to order the part. I asked them to try to adjust the passenger side sliding door again (which was oddly omitted from repair order for the first visit), and they said they can adjust the hood again as well.

They are also going to see if the TCM has any available updates since it seems to take a long time to shift from drive to reverse and vice versa.

The ambient temp sensor seems to still be functioning properly so we are leaving that alone for the time being.

I am hoping this second visit is the last for a while.
Hi freddief73,
We appreciate the update. Please send us a private message if you would like any additional assistance for your next appointment.
Lydia
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
freddief73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: I-O-W-A
Posts: 67
Another update.

No updates for TCM.
No updates available for radio/Uconnect.
They replaced USB charging port and it works now.
The hood looks great now.

The sliding door now looks acceptable, but not perfect. The body lines line up good, but it looks like the back of the sliding door needs to be pulled in a touch more when in the closed position. The latch pulls it in, but seems to let it out just a touch at the end of the closing process. They told me the rear striker is at the limit for adjustment. Further inspection after I got home confirmed this. I didn't suggest this to them, but I'm wondering if the power latch/actuator is weak. I'm going to leave it be for now.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 33K miles
freddief73 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ambient light control Mikeabn 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 24 06-15-2017 09:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome