FCA Resolution is a waste of time - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By binayakj

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

FCA Resolution is a waste of time

Spent the better part of two weeks trying to get assistance from FCA for a 2017 pacifica that has stop/start issues resulting in the vehicle completely losing power on two separate occasions. In both instances they have simply replaced the backup battery but can't find any underlying electrical issues. The van has been at the dealership over 7 times in 8 months. My wife no longer feels safe driving the vehicle for fear of it stalling again with our kids in the car.
I reached out to FCA resolutions and after days was finally escalated to a case manager. They indicated we should definitely qualify for trade assist so things were looking positive.
That was until today when I finally got back to the reps and they told me our local area manager has refused trade assist because we don't qualify for a lemon case because we haven't had the same failure 4 times.

So apparently stalling on the side of the road on two occasions with countless other mechanical issues (headlight failed after 20k miles, sliding doors popping open requiring 3 separate visits) we don't even qualify for a "trade assist" with our local dealer... wow...the ultimate slap in the face.

I see no other recourse than to hire a lawyer now. Anyone have any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 02:11 PM

I am.having the same exact issue on 2018 chrysler pacifica. Bought it on October 20 and today is December 13th and already been to dealership 6th time for the same exact stop start issue. It seized for me 3rd time now. The dealer servicing dept is not able to find any thing at all. I already reach out to the FCA and they said they ll escalate but I am scared as **** now. Luckily i dropped my son and wife in the mall and on the way to my office it seized in the traffic lights. It just doesnt start, cannot move the steering wheel, brakes, nothing..after 5 mins then when i tried again then it loosed the brakes and i was able to start and now at dealer for them to check. Lets see what happens and if I get the same response from them this time also I will sue them
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 06:03 PM

My case is now escalated to the case manager. Wrote a very long letter to the Service Director of the dealer and forwarded to the Chrysler Customer Care. Waiting for their response:

Concerns:
Car would not start as soon as start/stop unavailable warning sign comes up in the dashboard. This would be the third time it happened to me (including today when the car engine seized on me at the traffic light and I had to call 911).

First and Second time: The first two times also happened in the traffic lights when the stop start service showed the warning sign. The car did not start and I had to manually use the Engine Start/Stop button to start the car.

Third Time: I had to stop the van in the Highway for the Red Lights. When the lights turn Green, I released the brake and the car engine completed seized on me. I could not move forward.The engine sign came up in the dashboard. I could not stop or start the car, the brakes were tight and I could not press the brake or release the brake. The navigation, the radios all did not work. This could have also happened while I was driving which would not only risk my life but also my wife, my 2 and 1/2 year old son and my baby boy who is coming to this world on February 5th.

So far I have been to the service center more than 5 times for the exact same issue (Stop/Start service not working) with no concrete resolution. I know you have been trying very hard to resolve this issue and I would give 5 star to the dedication and concerns you and your team has shown so far to resolve this issue. But my family and I myself are not feeling safe anymore with the way the vehicle is operating right now. I already left the vehicle to the dealer from 12/03 to 12/07 till evening and took the vehicle back on 12/07 at 6 pm EST. The vehicle worked perfectly for 1 week and today Friday 12/14 the issue started coming up again. The vehicle is with you right now and therefore I would like these concerns documented in the report that you would provide me once the vehicle is released to me after the repair.
PacificaMinivanFan likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binayakj View Post
My case is now escalated to the case manager. Wrote a very long letter to the Service Director of the dealer and forwarded to the Chrysler Customer Care. Waiting for their response.
It is good that you are being respectful and factual, and not overly emotional, in your correspondence with the dealer. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page