All Kinds of Electrical Gremlins..... Please add to the rant! - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By AZBean

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

All Kinds of Electrical Gremlins..... Please add to the rant!

I have to say although I really love my Pacifica; this thing has so many unexplained electrical gremlins I feel there will eventually be a major recall.

High pitch whine from be hind dash when pressing on gas pedal - Consistent @ 70
USB is unresponsive from time to time
Side doors handles wont open from the inside
Media display blacks out or almost completely blacks out
Heater does not work sometimes unless I turn it of and back on - The air coming out is not heated
Seat Heater with all starts does not work; only on remote start
On the display why is there a MAX ac and when you press it the AC light tuns off on the AC indicator? Does it do anything "Max" even though the air is already set to the highest levels

This all I can think of off the top of my head but seriously there are so many things that happen and I feel like I'm always needing to "reboot" this thing..UGH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayTrue28 View Post
High pitch whine from be hind dash when pressing on gas pedal - Consistent @ 70
USB is unresponsive from time to time
Side doors handles wont open from the inside
Media display blacks out or almost completely blacks out
Heater does not work sometimes unless I turn it of and back on - The air coming out is not heated
Seat Heater with all starts does not work; only on remote start
On the display why is there a MAX ac and when you press it the AC light tuns off on the AC indicator? Does it do anything "Max" even though the air is already set to the highest levels
I have some suggestions for some of those issues:

For the side doors, check the button overhead between the front seats. One of them locks the side doors to prevent kids from exiting at inopportune times.

For the media display blacking out there is a bulletin out for the video routing module under the passenger seat, depends on when your van was manufactured. Ideally if you check the software version on one of the rear screens you should be at version 17.50.13. If not, check the driveuconnect.com web site and enter your VIN. You may find an update there that you can download and install from a USB drive. If not ask your dealer to look up bulletin 08-007-18 REV. A. There are also updates for the main infotainment system in front which get distributed over the air, at least for the higher trim levels and model years 2018+ they do. Don't expect a general recall, those are created for safety issues.

Heat is supposed to come from the vents near your feet, not from the dashboard vents.

The seat heating coming on automatically is dependent on the outside temperature. It won't come on if it thinks it isn't needed. Perhaps your garage is warm or the outdoor temperature sensor is wacky.
BrettP and sjambok like this.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBean View Post
I have some suggestions for some of those issues:

For the side doors, check the button overhead between the front seats. One of them locks the side doors to prevent kids from exiting at inopportune times.

For the media display blacking out there is a bulletin out for the video routing module under the passenger seat, depends on when your van was manufactured. Ideally if you check the software version on one of the rear screens you should be at version 17.50.13. If not, check the driveuconnect.com web site and enter your VIN. You may find an update there that you can download and install from a USB drive. If not ask your dealer to look up bulletin 08-007-18 REV. A. There are also updates for the main infotainment system in front which get distributed over the air, at least for the higher trim levels and model years 2018+ they do. Don't expect a general recall, those are created for safety issues.

Heat is supposed to come from the vents near your feet, not from the dashboard vents.

The seat heating coming on automatically is dependent on the outside temperature. It won't come on if it thinks it isn't needed. Perhaps your garage is warm or the outdoor temperature sensor is wacky.
thanks for the reply!

I know about the overhead button; that is not it

The HU had the update performed already and I double checked by downloading myself and confirming in vehicle
There is an option in the HU setting to tun on the seat heater with just the remote start or all starts; it does not work.

Heat comes from the vent options you select with the selector button? Not following your comment it never just comes from the floor.
Thanks again!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:27 PM

Talking

Happily I cannot add to this rant. I do not have any of the issues you describe. Mine has been trouble free.
Hoping you find a remedy to these.
John

2019 Pacifica Limited - Luxury White. Alloy/Black

Previous:
2005, 2008, 2015 Odyssey,
2017 Pacifica Limited - Tusk/Mocha
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayTrue28 View Post
thanks for the reply!

I know about the overhead button; that is not it

The HU had the update performed already and I double checked by downloading myself and confirming in vehicle
There is an option in the HU setting to tun on the seat heater with just the remote start or all starts; it does not work.

Heat comes from the vent options you select with the selector button? Not following your comment it never just comes from the floor.
Thanks again!
Just to be sure we are on the same track. There are two independently updateable electronic modules involved in running the rear seat theater system. The one I am referring to is the video routing module or VRM and it is updated by USB and not over the air. This is not the head unit or HU as you call it. But if as you say you downloaded the update yourself then we are probably talking about the same thing. As for the unit in the front console, that one is known as the UConnect system and is updated over the air. You can check which version you have for that one by going into dealer mode. Press the driver side temperature up and down buttons and the front defrost button all three together for five seconds. From there you can reach the radio part information screen. That should show the software version which should be 18.20.2e if you have received the latest update that was distributed over the air in September.

As for the heat problem I guess I shouldn't have tried to answer that. I live in Phoenix and almost never use heat. I just leave the climate controls on auto and adjust the temperature up and down as needed. When the heat does come on, it comes from the vents in the foot wells -- nothing comes out of the dashboard vent.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page