2017 Pacifica Transmission Problems (Heavy Jolt) - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 09:49 AM

yep. had all the same experiences...until the fault of the speed sensor FINALLY showed up.
Then they replaced the whole transmission - 2,000 miles later, and not one jolt!

I made a post about it a few weeks back that you can find.

2017 Pacifica Limited (gas)
built 1-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:52 PM

Sorry for all of your pain, but I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. Our 2017 (12000 mi) jolts when shifting into first, especially when auto start is enabled. I also experience the revving and hard shifts. This is all AFTER a full transmission replacement under warranty. The dealer acknowledges the weird behavior but reports that it is within spec.

This has been a discouraging ownership and customer service experience. I'm surprised to see @ChryslerCares online...our rep said that they only used phone and fax before ghosting me. 6 months into our lemon law case there is still no end in sight. I need that settlement and out of this vehicle.

Sorry for whining but I hope it helps...especially you prospective buyers!
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder View Post
Sorry for all of your pain, but I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. Our 2017 (12000 mi) jolts when shifting into first, especially when auto start is enabled. I also experience the revving and hard shifts. This is all AFTER a full transmission replacement under warranty. The dealer acknowledges the weird behavior but reports that it is within spec.

This has been a discouraging ownership and customer service experience. I'm surprised to see @ChryslerCares online...our rep said that they only used phone and fax before ghosting me. 6 months into our lemon law case there is still no end in sight. I need that settlement and out of this vehicle.

Sorry for whining but I hope it helps...especially you prospective buyers!
How did you get your transmission replaced under warranty. I think most customers posting here have not been able to get their transmission replaced under warranty - most seem to be ignored by Chrysler. I think we need to get together a class action lawsuit and have all our transmissions replaced. Until Chrysler feels a financial pain imposed by a judge, I think they will play the game if this is how itís suppose to work.

post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How did you get your transmission replaced under warranty. I think most customers posting here have not been able to get their transmission replaced under warranty - most seem to be ignored by Chrysler. I think we need to get together a class action lawsuit and have all our transmissions replaced. Until Chrysler feels a financial pain imposed by a judge, I think they will play the game if this is how itís suppose to work.
Hi Nick,

Sadly it took a catastrophic failure for the warranty replacement. The transmission failed in traffic last labor day and the Pacifica was towed to the dealership. The service department was very helpful, but even in this extreme case it took them 20 days to get approval and make the replacement. This is when I started in on trying to get a new vehicle and still nothing. There is a class action suit in california for the transmission, I think. I'm just going the lemon law route, but Chrysler has not cooperated so far. It truly sucks because my family loves this vehicle when it works AND I am a Jeep lover/owner. @ChryslerCares
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 01:39 PM

I just got back from the dealer for the same issue. When driving at slow speeds, usually between 5 to 15 miles an hour in parking lots, the van feels like it is driving normal and all of a sudden a new gear kicks in violently jolting the car. The car doesn't rev or anything. They took it for a test drive, and looked at the codes on the transmissions and found nothing. It happens so random. They told me it was probably due to different people driving the vehicle and the vehicle is adjusting to the driving style of the driver. Funny thing is I am the only driver.
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEngineer View Post
We've had our Pacifica since Feb '17 and have generally enjoyed the car except for the constant issues with the transmission. It seems to be a similar problem to what others have reported with the transmission seeming to downshift suddenly when accelerating from a standing start. It's a violent jolt / clunk that has no place in a vehicle with 25K miles. We've been in and out of the service department for the usual recalls and "transmission adaptation" fixes and it still continues to be a major issue. It's gotten so bad that we are looking into cutting our losses and getting another vehicle, even though this van checks all our boxes (minus reliability). My wife can't stand to drive it anymore and I don't really blame her as it makes you question pulling out in front of traffic. This is our first Chrysler product and as it currently stands will be the last.

When we take it to the dealer we get the standard, "can't duplicate" answers and a day lost without a vehicle (at least 3 times) as they refuse to give a loaner. I've read there are issues with some of the ZF9's that only replacing them outright can solve and while I'm not excited about needing a new transmission in a new vehicle I believe it's the only recourse. How can I get my dealer to get on board with this given the repeated inability to fix the issue. I either need help or a new car!

*sorry for such a long and rambling first post, just looking for guidance.
I went through the same thing I finally got a lawyer and went through the process of the lemon law. Chrysler knows about this problem and just pushes you out the door telling owners canít duplicate nothing we can do. Have a nice day.
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 07:08 PM

The vehicle doesn't need to adjust to us driving we are having to adjust to it!!! Same crap being told to every customer with the same complaint-as if it's our fault we are causing this jerky shifting issue!! Right!! Hello Chrysler how come Honda can smooth out the same ZF 9 transmission but you can't. Too bad such a nice vehicle otherwise.
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 10:02 PM

At 82k, I can't say our problems with the jerky, slamming or hesitant tranny have gone away. The gremlin is still there. We went the dispute settlement route, and Chrysler was bordering on the insulting with how we just didn't appreciate the fine transmission we had, and also couldn't duplicate (yes, we had). They also tried to pin our tranny issues to "high mileage" saying that you're only really supposed to be driving your van the average of something like 12k miles per year (a lot less if you're a woman, apparently). We didn't get anything out of the dispute process other than more frustration.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) w/tow. April 2016 build.
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 02:46 PM

My 2017 does the same thing and I can't get the dealership to duplicate the sound either. Its not fun. This is starting to be the worst vehicle purchase I have ever made. So many issues.
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:59 PM

I must be the lucky one.

I've had nothing but admiration for my Pacifica's tranny. No issues. I try to press the auto-start off everytime i get into the Pacifica, so that may be why I am not experiencing this issue. Drivetrain wise, I am a very happy camper. Now, the **** corrosion on my front hood on the other hand..... very irritating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page