Join Date: May 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1) turn the start switch to on, but do not start the car. All trouble lights are on and the fans in the heating and cooling systems are on if that was the position they were left in.
2) push the gas pedal right to the floor and hold it there for 10 seconds.
3) turn the start switch to off with your foot still on the gas pedal.
4) release the gas pedal, but do not put your foot on the brake pedal
5) wait for 2 minutes before starting your car. Apparently the electronics are being reset.
Start your van and go for a drive. Do not accelerate too quickly, you just want the van to shift through a few gears to learn the basic shift points. You may want to put it in reverse a few times also. Afterwards just drive normally. It works every time for me. My transmission shifts smoothly and downshifts quickly. I learned this from a Mercedes forum. BMW also has the same problem. Google how to reset transmission adaptations and many sites come up.
I bought my van Aug 2016. It was built in July 2016. It now has 70,686 Km.
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited - Canadian Version
- Velvet Red Pearl exterior
- Brown (Mocha) with Grey piping seats, Black carpeting
- Panoramic Sun roof
- AST Group
- Uconnect Theater Group
- 20 Speaker Harmon Kardon Sound System
- 20" Wheel Option
- Michelin Premier LTX Tires
- Trailer Tow Group
- Spare Tire (No Vacuum)
- Mopar Splash Guards and Hood Deflector
- Wells Visors window wind deflectors
(No Stop/Start or hands free/kick under the door lift gate. Too early of a build.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.