3 day old van now undrivable - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shadow5501

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

3 day old van now undrivable

We purchased a 2019 pacifica, drove off the lot with 10 miles on it. Day 3 of owning it the engine light came on. Took it in to the dealer and they kept it overnight before being able to locate the issue. The issue is the ABS module which is a VIN specific part. Since the vehicle is so new it's "back ordered". I was given a courtesy Dodge Journey (ie NOT a minivan) and they say I can't have the van back until it's fixed. I dropped the van off January 16th, and the latest estimate the part will be in is the second week of february. Chrysler customer care is doing seemingly NOTHING to speed up the part delivery time - it's actually been moved back since my first estimate from the dealer. I have been offered no reimbursement for the $533 payment that is due at the end of february - meanwhile I'm driving a POS courtesy vehicle, and NO ONE has even mentioned simply swapping vans for me. I'm extremely disappointed in chrysler for not being able to rectify this issue on a BRAND new vehicle in a timely manner. At this point I'm looking into lemon law attorneys to help me lemon law this van.

I have now dealt with three customer care reps, and am still waiting to get a phone call from their supervisor - since last week. I'm sure that'll never happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkenyon82 View Post
We purchased a 2019 pacifica, drove off the lot with 10 miles on it. Day 3 of owning it the engine light came on. Took it in to the dealer and they kept it overnight before being able to locate the issue. The issue is the ABS module which is a VIN specific part. Since the vehicle is so new it's "back ordered". I was given a courtesy Dodge Journey (ie NOT a minivan) and they say I can't have the van back until it's fixed. I dropped the van off January 16th, and the latest estimate the part will be in is the second week of february. Chrysler customer care is doing seemingly NOTHING to speed up the part delivery time - it's actually been moved back since my first estimate from the dealer. I have been offered no reimbursement for the $533 payment that is due at the end of february - meanwhile I'm driving a POS courtesy vehicle, and NO ONE has even mentioned simply swapping vans for me. I'm extremely disappointed in chrysler for not being able to rectify this issue on a BRAND new vehicle in a timely manner. At this point I'm looking into lemon law attorneys to help me lemon law this van.

I have now dealt with three customer care reps, and am still waiting to get a phone call from their supervisor - since last week. I'm sure that'll never happen.
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your problem.

In past vehicles I've owned, the engine light does not come on with ABS issues. There is a separate ABS light. Were you mistaken?

You did not ask a question, so I have no answer. Why did you post this? Are you looking for someone to offer to be your lemon law attorney? Or are we just a friendly bunch of guys and gals being used as a pressure relief valve? That's ok, too, I guess.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 06:19 PM

Sorry to hear this. I too have a brand new 2019 and so far it has been great. Hoping you get a resolution. Have you worked with the dealer to get another van to drive? Does your insurance cover a rental car?
You might consider renting a Pacifica and worry about the reimbursement later.
Do let us know how it goes!
John

2019 Pacifica Limited - Luxury White. Alloy/Black

Previous:
2005, 2008, 2015 Odyssey,
2017 Pacifica Limited - Tusk/Mocha

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:48 PM

That stinks. Maybe you could get your dealer to give you a comparable loaner when they get one back in. Seems like a 3rd row loaner would be the standard for a minivan. It’ll probably be fine once the part is replaced. Good luck.

'19 Touring L Plus
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 12:09 AM

I thought journey was a three row SUV, isn't it? Asking for a comparable loaner doesn't usually work out. You may be lucky so keep checking with the dealership for a minivan. Many times they might have a spare Dodge Caravan (if you really "need" a minivan).
I agree it's frustrating on a brand new vehicle. Hopefully everything would be fine once it is fixed.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 07:59 AM

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience. It sounds as if you will be close to the 30 days out of service required by most state lemon laws. Iíd probably lemon it too, if only to get my money back so as not to have paid for time I didnít have the car to use.

Have you asked to be swapped into a new van? Nobody is going to offer this up unsolicited, so suggest you request this as a solution. Be proactive, tell them what will be acceptable to you as the customer. At the least it may trigger them to provide you with an equivalent Pacifica to drive in the meantime. Good luck, this is never fun. But at least itís only a car.
Bond007 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page