Windshield washer issue - Can't say I've seen this one before - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Windshield washer issue - Can't say I've seen this one before

Last week after our winter storm and relative deep freeze (-3F), my wife complained that the front washer stopped working. Today I took the van out, and with it being slightly above freezing (and after the van sat in our slighty-above-freezing garage) I tried the washer, and nothing. Got home, filled the reservoir, and tried the washer again. Nothing out of the sprayers, but when I opened the hood, there was washer fluid dripping out of everywhere. I took the insulation off the underside of the hood (breaking every push clip in the process) and found this:

There is nothing to indicate this any of these parts aren't original to our Pacifica, but it is like the hard lines weren't snapped all the way into the rubber elbows, and icing caused enough back pressure to pop the lines out. Weird.

Anyone have a P/N for those push clips? I mean, they look like something I could get at AutoZone, but I need 11 of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 07:40 PM

Visit the Chrysler dealer's parts dept.

2018 Limited Gas
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 10:28 PM

Wow - good investigative work there! I have never seem or heard of that but since it used to work before the ice your conclusion about what broke it seems logical.

2019 Pacifica Limited - Luxury White. Alloy/Black

Previous:
2005, 2008, 2015 Odyssey,
2017 Pacifica Limited - Tusk/Mocha

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 11:10 PM

Yup, looks like ice blockage created pressure which blew out the connections. Are they broken? I'd just pop them back in good and tight and tape up all the connections and call it a day.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
Yup, looks like ice blockage created pressure which blew out the connections. Are they broken? I'd just pop them back in good and tight and tape up all the connections and call it a day.

It took a good amount of pressure to snap them back together, which makes me wonder if they weren't properly seated in the first place. This van came from down south, so this could have been its first deep freeze. We'll find out soon enough.
Frig likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimal View Post
It took a good amount of pressure to snap them back together, which makes me wonder if they weren't properly seated in the first place. This van came from down south, so this could have been its first deep freeze. We'll find out soon enough.
Ice expanding can move mountains. Popping your fittings is a piece of cake! Keep that 20 below fluid in there. Always assume that the oil change guys don't courtesy fill the washer with the good stuff.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
Visit the Chrysler dealer's parts dept.

Ended up ordering a pack on Amazon after getting the wrong size (and not much help from the green counterperson at my local NAPA). Interestingly, the P/N from Chrysler is for a completely different clip style than what was holding in the insulation. Perhaps someone had been in there before.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:25 PM

Identical issue on our old Town and Country, in my case it stayed connected after pushing it back in
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:27 PM

I had the very same situation this summer so I suspect these parts were not properly attached initially.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:33 PM

What vehicle is this for?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page