2018 Rear Passenger Door - Motor engaging intermittently - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

2018 Rear Passenger Door - Motor engaging intermittently

Seems like this is a common issue posted here:

My rear passenger door is having issues, three trips to the dealer and they are as frustrated as I am. This car has 11K miles on it.

The rear drivers side door works perfectly.

The rear passenger door works 30% of the time on a first attempt at opening it. When pressing the headliner button, key fob, kick sensor or handle button the motor will not engage the open cycle.

All you hear is BEEP BEEP BEEP. Then if I press any button a second time, it will open about about 35% of the time, the other time I have to grab the handle and assist it into motion.

There are no fault codes being given. After speaking to Chrysler engineering, the dealership swapped the "module"... marginally improved. It now works maybe 50% of the time on a second second attempt. The first attempt still with a 30% success rate. The dealership "flashed door module for improvements" / software update.

Door closes with headliner button, key fob, kick sensor, handle button on first attempt every time... no problem. Track is clear of debris, no ice, mud, etc.

Any others have a similar issue? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Last edited by ma3875; 03-11-2019 at 12:11 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page