Transmission sticking check engine light - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By froglips

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Angry Transmission sticking check engine light

I own a 2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus with 48k miles on it. I purchase the car special factory order in October 2016. I loved my vehicle until I started experiencing sticking issues about a year ago. My car would jerk around 2 gear and then drive normal. I have taken it to the dealer who told me that is how the transmission drives in the Pacifica. On March 9th my check engine light came on while I was driving with my family the car begin driving rough and barely had enough power to drive. We were able to to get it to an auto zone which provided us with a code of Engine misfire on cylinder 3. Of course it was a Saturday and none of the service centers were open locally. I was given a loaner car and my car was taken to my dealership on Monday March 11th. They did not look at my car until Tuesday and claimed they drove it and the vehicle was in working order. I called Chrysler to file a complaint. They said the dealership thought if they cleaned some air coil for $141 that would fix the issue. Of course that was a guess and money out of pocket not in warranty. I said I am not repairing a guess. I picked up my car Wednesday 3/13/2019. My car of course was running fine until March 20th when I dropped my children off to school. The engine light was flashing my card began riding rough and bumpy and giving another indication of stalling. My husband ran the code and it came up Engine misfire on cylinder 4. I called my case manager again at Chrysler who wanted me to take it to the dealership yesterday. I refused to go the dealer I purchased the car from because they can't seem to find any issues. So, I made an appointment for today at another dealership. My engine light is still on and the car is riding rough again. The dealership said the code is Engine misfire on cylinder 4. He of course stated they needed to keep the vehicle over night and quoted me a diagnostic fee. I am frustrated about the fee, but said it would be waived if it fell into powertrain warranty. Has anyone experienced this issue? I am so frustrated I bought a 40,000 vehicle that is 2.5 years old and having issues like this already. It feels very unsafe to drive my family around in this vehicle.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 12:27 PM

Garage
Maybe the best option now is to trade it off and be done dealing with it. No vehicle is worth living with frustration over.
Bond007 likes this.

2018 Pacifica Touring Plus "S" 20" wheels.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 11:13 PM

Same frustration here and I find it ridiculous Chrysler is not taking responsibility and fixing this issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page