Stop and Go --- well... Stopped working again!!!! - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Stop and Go --- well... Stopped working again!!!!

After 2.5 weeks of replacing all batteries Stop and Go stopped working again. I have read many people reporting that if you are driving a lot of short trips that will not get Stop and Go battery charged and that's why the feature is not working. And I think that this is what is happening in my case.

To me this is really annoying. Stop and Go should be working no matter how short is the distance that you are driving every day. This is what I call BAD DESIGN. PERIOD.

I love my van but NO WAY I would recommend it to any one. PERIOD. Everything about this van is like half cooked:
1- Stop and go does not work well
2- Automatic Cruise control fails to detect the car on front if it's stopped
3- Frontal Collision Warning system sometimes comes from factory unaligned and requires to be aligned properly by the dealer
4- PAINT ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5- Sliding doors not working properly
6- So many different multimedia issues!!!!!!!!!!!!! From black screens to touch screen no responding....
7- A/C smell
8- Batteries that do not last even a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9- Plenty of other malfunction reports in this and other places online

The most I love the car the most aggravated I get with all these imperfections. I'll never buy a Chrysler again in my life. I bought it because nobody else was offering a better deal comparing money against features. Now I comprehend that how good are those features if they are half cooked. No wonder they were offered almost at no cost compared with Honda and Toyota. I drove a Toyota Prius for more than 10 years. Every single feature in the two cars I drove JUST WORKED. None failure ever. With Chrysler you have to always think "will it work this time?"

And it's not me alone. The technician confirmed me that he is constantly replacing Stop and Go batteries up to the point that they have been few times in back order.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.

Last edited by citanic; 03-29-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:22 AM

Ugh, frustrating. In regards to the OEM batteries, I think it's coming to a consensus that they suck, or at least the way they're being charged sucks. And who knows what batteries they replaced yours with, did they come off another van that's been sitting in their lot for 6 months? Worse yet, did they say they changed them but didn't?

Me personally I'd replace them asap with good quality aftermarket batteries. If after many weeks ESS works fine then send Chrysler the bill. If it fails, then i'd still send them the bill.

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, it was overcast
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by citanic View Post
After 2.5 weeks of replacing all batteries Stop and Go stopped working again. I have read many people reporting that if you are driving a lot of short trips that will not get Stop and Go battery charged and that's why the feature is not working. And I think that this is what is happening in my case.

To me this is really annoying. Stop and Go should be working no matter how short is the distance that you are driving every day. This is what I call BAD DESIGN. PERIOD.

I love my van but NO WAY I would recommend it to any one. PERIOD. Everything about this van is like half cooked:
1- Stop and go does not work well
2- Automatic Cruise control fails to detect the car on front if it's stopped
3- Frontal Collision Warning system sometimes comes from factory unaligned and requires to be aligned properly by the dealer
4- PAINT ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5- Sliding doors not working properly
6- So many different multimedia issues!!!!!!!!!!!!! From black screens to touch screen no responding....
7- A/C smell
8- Batteries that do not last even a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9- Plenty of other malfunction reports in this and other places online

The most I love the car the most aggravated I get with all these imperfections. I'll never buy a Chrysler again in my life. I bought it because nobody else was offering a better deal comparing money against features. Now I comprehend that how good are those features if they are half cooked. No wonder they were offered almost at no cost compared with Honda and Toyota. I drove a Toyota Prius for more than 10 years. Every single feature in the two cars I drove JUST WORKED. None failure ever. With Chrysler you have to always think "will it work this time?"

And it's not me alone. The technician confirmed me that he is constantly replacing Stop and Go batteries up to the point that they have been few times in back order.
Really sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your van. My van doesn't have as many features as your van, but other than the hood corrosion, (which other manufacturers are having similar problems), my pre-owned '17 with ESS is working very well.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post

Me personally I'd replace them asap with good quality aftermarket batteries. If after many weeks ESS works fine then send Chrysler the bill. If it fails, then i'd still send them the bill.
The aftermarket stop and go batteries are not cheap.

-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
Really sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your van. My van doesn't have as many features as your van, but other than the hood corrosion, (which other manufacturers are having similar problems), my pre-owned '17 with ESS is working very well.
From my list of defects I have suffered two of them only. The rest are defects that are very commonly mentioned in this and other sites. Still, it's really frustrating to see such poor quality control in an car maker.

-

2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
The aftermarket stop and go batteries are not cheap.
Correct, prob $400 to $500 for both, and it may not even fix your problem, but it eliminates an unknown. Send them the bill, and cc a lawyer friend. This is unacceptable, and plus you're doing the troubleshooting for them, which is also unacceptable.

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
Correct, prob $400 to $500 for both, and it may not even fix your problem, but it eliminates an unknown. Send them the bill, and cc a lawyer friend. This is unacceptable, and plus you're doing the troubleshooting for them, which is also unacceptable.
But two weeks ago they changed both batteries, the stop and go was MOPAR but the big one was an aftermarket.
Frig likes this.

-

2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
But two weeks ago they changed both batteries, the stop and go was MOPAR but the big one was an aftermarket.
Aha, good on the big one, as long as it's reputable quality and is new. The other, not so much, and the cynic in me doesn't trust that they indeed put in a new, 100% non-defective battery, rather than grabbing whatever they had on hand, if they had indeed replaced it all.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:57 PM

Are you also retired? You mention lots of short trips. That would point to not a lot of long distance travel in general. I think you are 100% right about whats happening- its just how it works.

I changed from freeway driving to work to working from home with lots of short trips- it never works anymore.

But if I go on a long drive, voila, works great!

Its done this since new. I thought it was an issue until I realized what was going on. Its simply not enough to charge it unless you go far enough, fast enough.

While I don't really care, I can see how its disconcerting to not know when the car will be shutting off! Especially when you learn you need to drive according to it shutting off- hitting the gas too fast after a quick stop can result is a STONG jerk forward as it kicks off and on again, but the gearing is still working...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepapagold View Post
Are you also retired? You mention lots of short trips. That would point to not a lot of long distance travel in general. I think you are 100% right about whats happening- its just how it works.

I changed from freeway driving to work to working from home with lots of short trips- it never works anymore.

But if I go on a long drive, voila, works great!

Its done this since new. I thought it was an issue until I realized what was going on. Its simply not enough to charge it unless you go far enough, fast enough.

While I don't really care, I can see how its disconcerting to not know when the car will be shutting off! Especially when you learn you need to drive according to it shutting off- hitting the gas too fast after a quick stop can result is a STONG jerk forward as it kicks off and on again, but the gearing is still working...
No, I'm not retired but my job is 4 miles from my home. During the weekend I may drive maximum 20 miles to a park or something like that and I can tell you, that is not enough to recharge the battery.

But even if that's the case. The designers of the feature should have thought that no matter how short is your daily driving, stop and go is designed to be used in an urban environment and in my case, it does not work and with my driving routine I need to save gas with that feature!

-

2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page