2018 stalling issues unresolved - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 32Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 598
I don't have the theatre package. I do have the towing package, which includes the big alternator.

2018 Limited Gas
Lipster is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Frig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe_Wayb View Post
I have a 2018 Touring L+, 11k miles on it.

No issues until 10k miles. Coincidentally also winter in Chicagoland

4 stalls over the last 3 months, all stalling just as the van comes to a complete stop (usually approaching a traffic light)

I have the theater package and tow package, car was built in May of 2018.
Sounds exactly like what's happening with the Motortrend vehicle.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dirty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast, 37, cafeteria had special on lasagna
Frig is online now  
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Frig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
I don't have the theatre package. I do have the towing package, which includes the big alternator.
So that would be the 220 amp alternator. The others are 160 and 180. That would be interesting to see if there's a commonality there.

Or there's a bunch of wires added for the hitch right? Could be something shorting out somewhere, maybe as the brakes are applied?

2019 Hybrid Limited Dirty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast, 37, cafeteria had special on lasagna
Frig is online now  
 
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe_Wayb View Post
I have a 2018 Touring L+, 11k miles on it.

No issues until 10k miles. Coincidentally also winter in Chicagoland

4 stalls over the last 3 months, all stalling just as the van comes to a complete stop (usually approaching a traffic light)

I have the theater package and tow package, car was built in May of 2018.
Hello Maybe_Wayb,

We're sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with your Pacifica. If you end up going into the dealer for an inspection, let us know. We're available via private message and can escalate a case on your behalf for further handling.

Jasmine
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Deep South
Posts: 92
Whaaaat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChryslerCares View Post
Hello Maybe_Wayb,

We're sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with your Pacifica. If you end up going into the dealer for an inspection, let us know. We're available via private message and can escalate a case on your behalf for further handling.

Jasmine
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
Please explain how a case escalation is of assistance with an issue that has no known solution. Goodwill will not cure the stalling problem...the immediate application of quality engineering/mechanical skills might.
Lipster likes this.

Sjambok

2018 Touring L+
Gas
March 2018 Build
sjambok is online now  
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 08:56 PM
Member
 
macuis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 39
Garage
Folks, here's the link to the survey I put together on SurveyMonkey. One difficult thing was trying not to list features that are already part of Packages/Groups, so there is some doubling up, but at least the data will be captured. Survey take less than 5 mins to complete, so if interested, please fill out and provide feedback. I'll start a new thread as well and see if there is a way to embed the results on the first post for people's general interest.

2018 Pacifica Touring-L Plus, Billet Metallic
  • S Appearance Package + 20" Wheels | MOPAR Front & Rear Splash Guards | Hands-Free Sliding Door & Liftgate | 3M Protection (Front & Rear Bumper, Hood, Wheel Wells, Mirrors, A-Frame, Door Sills)
  • 8 Passenger Seating | 3D MAXPider All Weather Floor Mats | Husky Weatherbeater Cargo Liner | Uconnect 4C
  • Build Date: December 27, 2017
macuis is offline  
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Frig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuis View Post
Folks, here's the link to the survey I put together on SurveyMonkey. One difficult thing was trying not to list features that are already part of Packages/Groups, so there is some doubling up, but at least the data will be captured. Survey take less than 5 mins to complete, so if interested, please fill out and provide feedback. I'll start a new thread as well and see if there is a way to embed the results on the first post for people's general interest.
Looks great! I exited after the 2nd or 3rd question, didn't want to mess up the results. Is there a place to enter username or something to identify a responder?

If there is some commonality then i'm sure Chrysler already knows since they have everyone's configuration already, but it would be great for us to know also going forward. Nice work!
Longtimemopar and macuis like this.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dirty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast, 37, cafeteria had special on lasagna
Frig is online now  
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 09:35 PM
Member
 
macuis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 39
Garage
Yeah I have a spot at the end, but maybe I'll change that and bring that question to the top of the page. Thanks!
Frig likes this.

2018 Pacifica Touring-L Plus, Billet Metallic
  • S Appearance Package + 20" Wheels | MOPAR Front & Rear Splash Guards | Hands-Free Sliding Door & Liftgate | 3M Protection (Front & Rear Bumper, Hood, Wheel Wells, Mirrors, A-Frame, Door Sills)
  • 8 Passenger Seating | 3D MAXPider All Weather Floor Mats | Husky Weatherbeater Cargo Liner | Uconnect 4C
  • Build Date: December 27, 2017
macuis is offline  
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 11:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjambok View Post
Please explain how a case escalation is of assistance with an issue that has no known solution. Goodwill will not cure the stalling problem...the immediate application of quality engineering/mechanical skills might.
Chrysler Cares really, really, really, really does care. However, mine has been escalated for quite some time, which means I get an email saying that there is no solution yet, and continue to work with my dealer.
In their caring mind, that is escalation.
In my mind, it is window curtains on a broken window.
sjambok likes this.

2018 Limited Gas
Lipster is online now  
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Longtimemopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 863
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuis View Post
Folks, here's the link to the survey I put together on SurveyMonkey. One difficult thing was trying not to list features that are already part of Packages/Groups, so there is some doubling up, but at least the data will be captured. Survey take less than 5 mins to complete, so if interested, please fill out and provide feedback. I'll start a new thread as well and see if there is a way to embed the results on the first post for people's general interest.
the survey is not accepting my milage 25,000 miles. ??

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
Longtimemopar is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Touring L Ongoing van reboot issues Andrew2018 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 8 04-18-2019 03:10 PM
Engine stalling / no start 2018 Pacifica Touring l Ericrenaud751 Engine and Technical Discussion 1 01-18-2019 04:00 PM
2017 2018 PacHy owners issues - please chime in twinbull_427 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 5 12-11-2018 03:46 PM
2018 Pacifica issues yugo4life Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 0 12-10-2018 05:38 PM
2018 Touring Plus Carplay and Clock Issues n0x1ous Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 1 05-09-2018 07:06 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome