2018 stalling issues unresolved - Page 4 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
the survey is not accepting my milage 25,000 miles. ??
I think I had that as a numbers only field, maybe take out the comma??
Longtimemopar likes this.

2018 Pacifica Touring-L Plus, Billet Metallic
  • S Appearance Package + 20" Wheels | MOPAR Front & Rear Splash Guards | Hands-Free Sliding Door & Liftgate | 3M Protection (Front & Rear Bumper, Hood, Wheel Wells, Mirrors, A-Frame, Door Sills)
  • 8 Passenger Seating | 3D MAXPider All Weather Floor Mats | Husky Weatherbeater Cargo Liner | Uconnect 4C
  • Build Date: December 27, 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:38 PM

Nicely thought out survey. Take it, even if you haven't had a stalling issue. That's also valuable info.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Just completed the survey. To confirm, is the build date April 14, 2018 if it shows 0414 on the bottom left of my pacifica '18 sticker?

2018 Gas Pacifica Touring-L, AST (build date April 2018)

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:41 PM

My pacifica is a 17 model with less than 7k miles on it.

I had it stall once. I live rural and there is an odd street that has swapped between a yeild sign and a stop sign over the past several years. Safest way is to consider it a stop sign but many people roll it.

Cause of speed you can come into it at and you do have a good visual I figured the transmission was in way too high a gear when I gave it some gas and it died.

Has not done it since.

I don't know how the steering is setup on the van but the brakes can lose assist, but should still stop you. You have to use a lot of force to make em work. I would expect the same on the steering but don't know for certain what the pacifica uses.

If I have multiple issues I would be doing what you are. Mine was a month or more ago and never done it again.

2017 touring nothing special version
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:52 PM

I am starting to think that Boeing designed the software for the ESS.
It works most of the time, but when it doesn't, well, you fill in the blank.
Maybe "Chrysler Cares" could look into this.
Frig likes this.

2018 Limited Gas
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:34 PM

skip the comma

2018 Limited Gas
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave View Post
Just completed the survey. To confirm, is the build date April 14, 2018 if it shows 0414 on the bottom left of my pacifica '18 sticker?
Correct.

2018 Pacifica Touring-L Plus, Billet Metallic
  • S Appearance Package + 20" Wheels | MOPAR Front & Rear Splash Guards | Hands-Free Sliding Door & Liftgate | 3M Protection (Front & Rear Bumper, Hood, Wheel Wells, Mirrors, A-Frame, Door Sills)
  • 8 Passenger Seating | 3D MAXPider All Weather Floor Mats | Husky Weatherbeater Cargo Liner | Uconnect 4C
  • Build Date: December 27, 2017
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Update, kind of

Just for anyone interested here is an update...

I was called on the weekend by the Dealership that my vehicle was ready for pickup. When I arrived this morning they advised that they updated the PCM. I was not able to obtain the information of the update as a hard copy but surreptitiously recorded our conversation as to recall what the actual update was for. This document was supposedly for my vehicle only and the document doesn't say anything about resolving the stalling issue at all. Here is what it resolves:

1. Fixes engine start performance
2. Implausible data received from break system
3. Invalid data received from multi access data acceleration sensor
3. Engine restart performance
4. Update will reduce engine crank time
5. Battery state improper powerdown
6. ECU internal performance
7. Plausible data received
8. EVAP system small leak
9. Electronic vacuum pump
10. Vehicle speed sensor

The service personnel did advises that nowhere in the document does it state it resolves the stalling issue as did the U87 recall or the service bulletin 8-012-18 which clearly stated that it would resolve all the start/stop stalling issue.

So I was given the vehicle back with the problem unresolved and encourage to have better luck with the vehicle and stay safe.

Since there are so many resourceful people on here I was hoping to get a copy of the flash that was put into my vehicle and since FCA Canada won't release it and nor will the Dealership maybe someone can tell me how to go about getting a copy?

I also might add that when I talked to FCA the representative advised me that this has happened to her vehicle and that it is a known issue and can't be fixed.

I have attached a copy of my work order that lists the flash updates and any help from you guys would be appreciated to obtain a copy of the info would be great.

Thanks again for listening
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Work order.jpg (171.1 KB, 26 views)
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjbeard View Post
Just for anyone interested here is an update...

I was called on the weekend by the Dealership that my vehicle was ready for pickup. When I arrived this morning they advised that they updated the PCM. I was not able to obtain the information of the update as a hard copy but surreptitiously recorded our conversation as to recall what the actual update was for. This document was supposedly for my vehicle only and the document doesn't say anything about resolving the stalling issue at all. Here is what it resolves:

1. Fixes engine start performance
2. Implausible data received from break system
3. Invalid data received from multi access data acceleration sensor
3. Engine restart performance
4. Update will reduce engine crank time
5. Battery state improper powerdown
6. ECU internal performance
7. Plausible data received
8. EVAP system small leak
9. Electronic vacuum pump
10. Vehicle speed sensor

The service personnel did advises that nowhere in the document does it state it resolves the stalling issue as did the U87 recall or the service bulletin 8-012-18 which clearly stated that it would resolve all the start/stop stalling issue.

So I was given the vehicle back with the problem unresolved and encourage to have better luck with the vehicle and stay safe.

Since there are so many resourceful people on here I was hoping to get a copy of the flash that was put into my vehicle and since FCA Canada won't release it and nor will the Dealership maybe someone can tell me how to go about getting a copy?

I also might add that when I talked to FCA the representative advised me that this has happened to her vehicle and that it is a known issue and can't be fixed.

I have attached a copy of my work order that lists the flash updates and any help from you guys would be appreciated to obtain a copy of the info would be great.

Thanks again for listening
That's interesting: the work order says 2018 Dodge Caravan....???

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

2018 Caravan is the rental vehicle they gave me.

Last edited by Benjbeard; 04-08-2019 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page