loaner - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

loaner

will i get a loaner if the PacHy is stuck at the dealership for weeks over some nonsense where they can't figure out what is going on ?

what would that depend on ? do i have to make sure i bring it for repairs to same dealership where i bought it from ? does it matter ?

PS: i don't care WHAT they give me as a loaner as long as they give me something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:15 AM

Unless you happened to purchase one of the MaxCare warranties this will most likely be at your dealers discretion.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan View Post
Unless you happened to purchase one of the MaxCare warranties this will most likely be at your dealers discretion.
...true, but you might want to bring this up with @ChryslerCares

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan View Post
so the MaxCare includes loaners ?

does MaxCare kick in after the original warranty expires or is it effective as soon as you drive off the lot ?

say i get MaxCare with new PacHy and 3 days later it goes back in the shop - do i get a loaner ?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1981c View Post
so the MaxCare includes loaners ?

does MaxCare kick in after the original warranty expires or is it effective as soon as you drive off the lot ?

say i get MaxCare with new PacHy and 3 days later it goes back in the shop - do i get a loaner ?
Yes, max care does include loaners. 35 dollar allowance per day for a maximum of 175 dollars (5 days). It does take a little time for the paperwork to get put in the system (at least mine did) so 3 days later after purchase it might be assigned to your VIN.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
will i get a loaner if the PacHy is stuck at the dealership for weeks over some nonsense where they can't figure out what is going on ?

what would that depend on ? do i have to make sure i bring it for repairs to same dealership where i bought it from ? does it matter ?

PS: i don't care WHAT they give me as a loaner as long as they give me something.
froglips likes this.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Dr. View Post
Yes, max care does include loaners. 35 dollar allowance per day for a maximum of 175 dollars (5 days). It does take a little time for the paperwork to get put in the system (at least mine did) so 3 days later after purchase it might be assigned to your VIN.

when PacHy goes into the shop it is usually for a month or so ...

also what is 35 dollars ? a minivan rents for about $100 / day here in NY. multiply that by a month. $175 ? for real ?

i don't get it ...
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
i wouldn't be the one driving it
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:

also what is 35 dollars ? a minivan rents for about $100 / day here in NY. multiply that by a month. $175 ? for real ?

i don't get it ...
Yeah, it is a little disappointing on the loaner coverage. I work at a Chrysler dealer here in Phoenix. We don't offer loaner cars however we have Enterprise on site and they rent anything for 35 dollars a day. I've seen everything from trucks to minivans that they rent. It might be a contract thing they have with Chrysler. Just like medical insurance, prices change dramatically when insurance companys are involved.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:42 AM

loaner

Quote:

i don't get it ...

Usually if your dealership provides their own loaners, just get that. Also as mentioned above, their contracts with rental agencies mean they can provide a car to you at much lower rates than available for general public.
If you buy the maxcare warranty, it applies after the original warranty ends, but you get immediate benefit of the loaner aspect.
BTW my dealership provided me with a loaner minivan for two days until my custom ordered Pacifica reached the dealership. I hadn’t even thought about the extended warranty at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

Last edited by Bond007; 04-06-2019 at 12:44 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page