Just Bought 2017, bunch of CELs - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Just Bought 2017, bunch of CELs

i just bought a used 2017 with P0073 and NOW it has u11e9, u110e, had it about a week and this happened and the non-Chrysler dealer doesn't want to help and the local Chrysler dealer says it wouldn't be covered under warranty anyways ( i have 43k on it), I ended up taking it to a local mechanic that replaced the sensor but issue is still there, temp on dash shows anywhere from 20 to -39 when its 60-70s out and the A?C wont come on.

Update: replaced the Ambient temp sensor and issues still exists, having to take it back the dealership and I will be without the Van trying to figure out how to get kids to and from school.. this is crazy for a newish vehicle with only 42k on it.

I am starting to think that this is a EC/BCM issue which SHOULD be covered under extended warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:41 AM

You might want to tell us if it is a gas or hybrid, and what trim level you have.
Bond007 and Longtimemopar like this.

2018 Limited Gas
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:37 AM

Just Bought 2017, bunch of CELs

Did you purchase an extended warranty for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Touring, Gas.. I bought the dealers extended warranty (through Ford)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew81 View Post
i just bought a used 2017 with P0073 and NOW it has u11e9, u110e, had it about a week and this happened and the non-Chrysler dealer doesn't want to help and the local Chrysler dealer says it wouldn't be covered under warranty anyways ( i have 43k on it), I ended up taking it to a local mechanic that replaced the sensor but issue is still there, temp on dash shows anywhere from 20 to -39 when its 60-70s out and the A?C wont come on.

Update: replaced the Ambient temp sensor and issues still exists, having to take it back the dealership and I will be without the Van trying to figure out how to get kids to and from school.. this is crazy for a newish vehicle with only 42k on it.

I am starting to think that this is a EC/BCM issue which SHOULD be covered under extended warranty.
There is a TSB (08-133-18) for some 2018 models having a similar issue. The TSB mentions codes P0073, P1D73, and U11E9. It says the cause is corrosion in a 12 pin connector located near the left front sidemarker (must remove front seven fasteners of fender liner for access).

I think it's a wiring issue because of the U11E9 code (Lost Communication With Active Grill Shutter).

You may have a wiring issue in a different location, but I think this would be a good place to start.

The warranty you purchased probably won't cover it, but it wouldn't hurt to check. It's probably through a third party not affiliated with Ford or Chrysler.
monza likes this.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 33K miles

Last edited by freddief73; 04-05-2019 at 05:53 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddief73 View Post
There is a TSB (08-133-18) for some 2018 models having a similar issue. The TSB mentions codes P0073, P1D73, and U11E9. It says the cause is corrosion in a 12 pin connector located near the left front sidemarker (must remove front seven fasteners of fender liner for access).

I think it's a wiring issue because of the U11E9 code (Lost Communication With Active Grill Shutter).

You may have a wiring issue in a different location, but I think this would be a good place to start.

The warranty you purchased probably won't cover it, but it wouldn't hurt to check. It's probably through a third party not affiliated with Ford or Chrysler.
I thought the active grill shutters were only on the hybrids - I’ve got a gaser and have no shutters

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:

Did you buy this with a CEL? If so why?

Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
Engine Block Heater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
I thought the active grill shutters were only on the hybrids - I’ve got a gaser and have no shutters
Look again.

According to the dealer's brochure, ALL Pacificas have active grille shutters. Ours is a gas model and definitely has it.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 33K miles

Last edited by freddief73; 04-06-2019 at 11:41 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:

This might be another option to check for repair. https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/520116-post30.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenkatrina01 View Post
They replaced the ambient sensors(in and out) with no luck. Turns out there was a harness running along the grill that was allowing air/water to get forced into it causing sensor issues. They replaced and rerouted it and it has been fixed for now.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:59 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddief73 View Post
Look again.

According to the dealer's brochure, ALL Pacificas have active grille shutters. Ours is a gas model and definitely has it.
I looked extensively for over 30 minutes one day - I have the tow package maybe that has something to do with it? I even got flashlight and mirror and I found nothing that even slightly resembled shutters.

Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
Engine Block Heater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page