Repeated High Pitch Beep when Opening Rear Hatch - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Repeated High Pitch Beep when Opening Rear Hatch

I sometimes hear several (read over 40) high pitched beeps from the rear 3rd row passenger side panel when opening the rear hatch door. The door opens normally accept for the repeated high pitched beeps.

What is the meaning of these beeps and how can I prevent this from re-occuring? Its very annoying when it happens at night (we don't park in a garage).

2018 Hybrid Limited - Velvet Red Pearl / Black Diesel / 18" Wheels / Tripane Sunroof / MOPAR Wireless Charger / Delivered - Dec 5 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 05:03 PM

The beeping is a safety feature to warn people near by that the hatch is opening or closing. Does the beeping occur every time you open and close the hatch? If yes, the manual that came with your Pacifica has instructions for turning the beeping off. If no, then you may need a trip to the dealer to figure out why it beeps only occasionally.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 05:25 PM

You can disable the trunk/hatch warning beeps in the uConnect settings. I keep it disabled, as I don't like the sound. I'd rather warn anyone nearby as I open it myself.

That being said, why in the world are you hearing 40 beeps? It probably beeps 5-7 times and that's all. By then the hatch is open.

2017 Gas Touring L, Curt hitch, 13" aftermarket overhead screen
2018 Limited PacHy, Curt hitch, Weathertech, B1W hardwired dashcam
2019 Limited S PacHy, Drawtite hitch, Weathertech, B1W hardwired dashcam

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:18 AM

Mine beeps FOUR times. So if yours is beeping 40 times something is wrong!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:32 AM

Are most of the 40 beeps happening long after the hatch has completed moving, or is the hatch stopping mid-motion or moving extremely slowly? Or are the beeps happening much faster than normal? As mentioned above it should be four beeps about once a second.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page