“Stalling” - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

“Stalling”

I’m not sure if that’s the correct term to use. However, my car has been in and out of the dealership for this issue. I come to a stop, and the car shuts off completely. I get a bunch of warnings across my dash, and at the end it tells me to put the car into park and push stop/start. I’ve called Chrysler and opened a case EVERY time this happened and I took it into a dealership to get “repaired”. The first time they said it was because I needed an oil change. Didn’t make sense because the car started right back up after I restarted it. The second time there was a recall for “power steering” which they said fixed the issue. The third time they gave it back and said they had no idea. They now have my car a fourth time. I’m not one to post and complain but what the Chrysler rep told me today sent me over the edge. I told her I had safety concerns, I’m worried I’ll get rear ended with my kids in the car when the car shuts off. I said I don’t feel safe and I’d like to escalate my case. She told me that there was no point in doing that because my car was operating normally. Are you kidding me! So it’s normal to come to a stop and have to put the car back into park push start stop then put the car into drive to go? It doesn’t matter if the car is hot or cold. I made it three stops signs and it turned off, I drove and hour away, got off the highway and it shut off. I’m irritated. I’m worried that something is going to happen with my three children in the car, and the response from Chrysler seems like they could care l

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus, advanced safety package, and s package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:22 PM

Have you had this done ?

Recall V53

May 09,2019

NHTSA Recall Number 19V-348

Summary The battery ground may have been built with a sealer that is used during the wire harness manufacturing process may accumulate on the wire harness tab which may cause a loss of clamp load in the battery ground joint over time. A loose battery ground joint may cause an intermittent battery ground connection possibly resulting in an intermittent loss of power steering assist with inconsistent driver steering effort and/or a loss of motive power.

Safety Risk An intermittent loss of power steering assist may result in an inconsistent driver steering effort. A loss of motive power could also occur. Either of these conditions may increase the risk of a vehicle crash without warning.

Remedy Disassemble and inspect the suspect ground surfaces, clean the contact surfaces as needed, and reassemble the ground joint to the specified torque.

2019 limited
Granite crystal metallic
S package
Advanced safety tec group
Long Island, NY
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I had the recall done the second time it was in the shop. Then it stalled again less than 2 weeks later, and after that repair it stalled again in a little over a week. So, I don’t think that was the problem.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4thmonth View Post
Yes, I had the recall done the second time it was in the shop. Then it stalled again less than 2 weeks later, and after that repair it stalled again in a little over a week. So, I dont think that was the problem.
Whenabouts was the second time?

This sounds exactly like the motortrend issue:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chry...date-2-review/

and

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chry...date-3-review/

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, it was overcast
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
Quote:
Yes, I had the recall done the second time it was in the shop. Then it stalled again less than 2 weeks later, and after that repair it stalled again in a little over a week. So, I don’t think that was the problem.
Whenabouts was the second time?

This sounds exactly like the motortrend issue:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chry...date-2-review/

and

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chry...date-3-review/

May 17th was the second “repair” and they did the recall mention in the pervious post. Third one was on May 29th. And it went back in today for the same issue. Every time it happens I record my dashboard and take pictures and long as there is no one behind me.
I read that article, and mentioned it to my dealership the second time I took the car in. I said this describes my car to a T this is what it is doing. I mentioned it to Chrysler too, and I’m not so many words they said it wasn’t their problem. And my car is operating normally. But it’s not! I loved car but not any more. It’s happened more than these three times. Frustrating. I’ve wlso reported my issue to NHTSA.gov where other people have posted the same issue, but Chrysler said they have never heard of it.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
May 17th was the second repair and they did the recall mention in the pervious post. Third one was on May 29th. And it went back in today for the same issue. Every time it happens I record my dashboard and take pictures and long as there is no one behind me.
I read that article, and mentioned it to my dealership the second time I took the car in. I said this describes my car to a T this is what it is doing. I mentioned it to Chrysler too, and Im not so many words they said it wasnt their problem. And my car is operating normally. But its not! I loved car but not any more. Its happened more than these three times. Frustrating. Ive wlso reported my issue to NHTSA.gov where other people have posted the same issue, but Chrysler said they have never heard of it.
Some folks on here said the recall campaign doesn't start until June 28th, other sites say May 24th, but that doesn't preclude them from fixing the ground earlier. But I have to wonder if they actually spent the time to clean it up properly.

Amazing that they're acting so clueless and saying it's normal. Unreal.

You have ESS, right?

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
Quote:
May 17th was the second “repair” and they did the recall mention in the pervious post. Third one was on May 29th. And it went back in today for the same issue. Every time it happens I record my dashboard and take pictures and long as there is no one behind me.
I read that article, and mentioned it to my dealership the second time I took the car in. I said this describes my car to a T this is what it is doing. I mentioned it to Chrysler too, and I’m not so many words they said it wasn’t their problem. And my car is operating normally. But it’s not! I loved car but not any more. It’s happened more than these three times. Frustrating. I’ve wlso reported my issue to NHTSA.gov where other people have posted the same issue, but Chrysler said they have never heard of it.
Some folks on here said the recall campaign doesn't start until June 28th, other sites say May 24th, but that doesn't preclude them from fixing the ground earlier. But I have to wonder if they actually spent the time to clean it up properly.

Amazing that they're acting so clueless and saying it's normal. Unreal.

You have ESS, right?
I actually received a notice from Chrysler for the recall, after they “fixed” it. The third time it was in they checked all the connections and grounds and said everything looked good.
I do have ESS. Although this last time it happened I can’t say for sure the ESS kicked on. I feel like as soon as I touched my brake the car shut off. I just want it fixed. It’s frustrating to have to keep taking the car in.

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I actually received a notice from Chrysler for the recall, after they fixed it. The third time it was in they checked all the connections and grounds and said everything looked good.
I do have ESS. Although this last time it happened I cant say for sure the ESS kicked on. I feel like as soon as I touched my brake the car shut off. I just want it fixed. Its frustrating to have to keep taking the car in.
It must be beyond frustrating. The ESS involvement seems to center around whether it's moving or not when the stalling occurs/display shows errors. Does yours completely stop?

And do you happen to have the towing package?

(if you could fill out your model info with options in your signature, that would be helpful)

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

It seems to happen when Im at a complete stop. Today I left my house and made it to the third stop sign, and then the car shut off. I do not have the towing package. I have the advanced safety package. I also have the appearance package. I think its called the s package. Its a touring L Plus.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
It seems to happen when Im at a complete stop. Today I left my house and made it to the third stop sign, and then the car shut off. I do not have the towing package. I have the advanced safety package. I also have the appearance package. I think its called the s package. Its a touring L Plus.
OK, so it's right at the point when ESS should legitimately stop the engine, which it does, but it also displays errors and tells you to shift into park to restart it, correct?

Also interesting to note that the touring L plus came standard with the bigger 220amp alternator.... hmm... I wonder if it's the combo of ESS/big alternator that is causing havoc.... along with possible ground issues and maybe hozed batteries.

Another question, how long do you think it sat on the lot after it was delivered? Do you have the manufactured date vs when you picked it up?
Longtimemopar likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page