Issue with the remote start and AC - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
CajunRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 29
Issue with the remote start and AC

When we start our 2019 Pacifica using the remote start on the key fob, the air condition doesn’t blow cool air until the door is opened by the person with the key fob. The main reason for the remote start is to have the van in a comfortable temperature before we get in. Has anybody else experienced this too?

2019 Touring L | Granite with S Appearance Package | 20" wheels | Advanced SafetyTec Group | 13 Alpine speakers with 506 watt amplifier | Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display | Overhead DVD Video by Mopar
CajunRider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Mine runs the AC just fine. Its a 2019 Touring L with 400 mi and nice and cook when we get in it after a remote start.
Pacifimama is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Cool, not cook!
Pacifimama is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Downstate Illinois (and sometimes Florida)
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifimama View Post
Cool, not cook!
FYI, you can edit your own posts!

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
Waldo is online now  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Downstate Illinois (and sometimes Florida)
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunRider View Post
When we start our 2019 Pacifica using the remote start on the key fob, the air condition doesn’t blow cool air until the door is opened by the person with the key fob. The main reason for the remote start is to have the van in a comfortable temperature before we get in. Has anybody else experienced this too?
This function only works when the outside temperature is above 80F.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
Waldo is online now  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifimama View Post
Cool, not cook!
FYI, you can edit your own posts! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I know, but for some reason my phone wouldn’t let me edit.
Pacifimama is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Oakdale,CA
Posts: 563
I think what you’re describing is a design flaw in the Pacifica. When you remote start it with the AC set to auto, it blows cold air out of the front only. The rear vents do not. You’ll notice that when you open the sliding doors first that the back vents are not blowing cold air. In order to make the back vents blow cold air while the remote start is activated, you need to either open the drivers door (upon doing that you will notice that causes the “Auto” light to illuminate on the button where the AC controls are), or you can reach in through the center console area and physically push the Auto button on the AC controls which causes the rear zone to start blowing cold air. Our 2018 Limited has been like this since day 1.

Those of you who say yours works, can you test out the sequence I just described and see if yours behaves differently than mine?
manoli is online now  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Downstate Illinois (and sometimes Florida)
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by manoli View Post
I think what you’re describing is a design flaw in the Pacifica. When you remote start it with the AC set to auto, it blows cold air out of the front only. The rear vents do not. You’ll notice that when you open the sliding doors first that the back vents are not blowing cold air. In order to make the back vents blow cold air while the remote start is activated, you need to either open the drivers door (upon doing that you will notice that causes the “Auto” light to illuminate on the button where the AC controls are), or you can reach in through the center console area and physically push the Auto button on the AC controls which causes the rear zone to start blowing cold air. Our 2018 Limited has been like this since day 1.

Those of you who say yours works, can you test out the sequence I just described and see if yours behaves differently than mine?
I don't think it's a design flaw. It's probably intentional, to lighten the load during idle cooling. That would make sense to an engineer, but not to a harried mom with crumb droppers to load in the rear.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
Waldo is online now  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 01:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Oakdale,CA
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
I don't think it's a design flaw. It's probably intentional, to lighten the load during idle cooling. That would make sense to an engineer, but not to a harried mom with crumb droppers to load in the rear.
At a minimum it should kick on as soon as you open up the sliding door. My kids are always complaining it’s too hot as I’m trying to load them in the back. You ever notice how engineers never seem to use the products they work on?
manoli is online now  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Same issue with our 2019 Touring L Plus. remote start is useless in summer.
bw41s is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome