Busted Power rear seat in Limited 2017 Pacifica - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Busted Power rear seat in Limited 2017 Pacifica

I went to take my rear seats out of regular position to the "stow n go" position last week, but when the seats try to fold only half of the seat folds into the floor, the other half stays "stuck"- I troubleshot the issue, via posts in the forum, (battery disconnect, disconnect of adapter on rear of seat,- tried to manually onlock, but nothing works.... Is there not a manual release for these power seats? As of right now, half the rear seat is folded flat- making 2 seats useless. Which means 2 of my 5 kids can't be trucked anywhere...
I called the dealer and they said there is no manual release- the manual doesn't say anything either....

Can anyone verify this is the case? If there isn't a manual release, I will be seriously considering trading it in.... what happens if this issue happens on the road with my 5 kids in tow???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:27 PM

You can't operate the electric seats manually

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM

Check the bottom of the seats where they clamp onto the floor pegs . Sometimes the clamps or teeth on the seat can’t freely open or there is something blocking the clamps from engaging / disengaging from the floor . Happened on my parents town and country .

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM

No manual release. I have had this issue. Go to dealer and it is a firmware update for rear seats. 15 min to update.

I have thought the same thing what if this freezes while i'm out. If it does Chrysler will be getting a letter from my lawyer.

I have a 2017 limited also and it froze 3 weeks in. 2 days later they found out that it was a mere update.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
No manual release. I have had this issue. Go to dealer and it is a firmware update for rear seats. 15 min to update.

I have thought the same thing what if this freezes while i'm out. If it does Chrysler will be getting a letter from my lawyer.

I have a 2017 limited also and it froze 3 weeks in. 2 days later they found out that it was a mere update.
Second this suggestion. It happened to me. There is a software fix, and it works.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Happened to me as well. Had to wait like 2 weeks for next appointment to have it fixed. But since they updated it I’ve had it jam a couple times and with the update it lets you keep retrying instead of locking indefinitely . So you get a chance to clear whatever jammed it and retry.

2018 Pacifica Limited (gas) - Oct. 2017 build
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

****UPDATE****
The dealer said it was a broken latch mechanism.....
2 week wait for the repair.
At least they offered a loaner...
Still think that this is a serious design flaw if there isn't some type of manual release that can be had if the electronics go on a powered seat....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 07:24 PM

Regular, non-Stow & Go power seats don't have manual releases.

Power windows don't have backup hand cranks. Back when power antennae were a thing, they didn't have manual up (you could push them down if you wanted to). Not having a manual backup isn't really a design flaw.

The design flaw is in their purchasing department, and their not having parts out in their warehouses: a 2 week wait means they didn't have any of the parts anywhere. They don't have that many warehouses, and having one or two seat mechanisms at each warehouse would mean no matter where you are in the country, the dealership can generally get the part next day. But Chrysler apparently doesn't care, your local dealership is giving up a loaner for two weeks. At least someone involved is trying to take care of you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page