'19 Hybrid has been at my dealership's service department for 65 days - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

'19 Hybrid has been at my dealership's service department for 65 days

65 days ago my '19 Hybrid that was 3 months old, 6,000mi had to get towed to my dealership. Dash said the charging equipment needed servicing. FCA says it needs a new battery pack and has been unable to give me a ETA from their supplier.

I doubt I'll ever see the vehicle again, the owner of the dealership encouraged me to file a Lemon Law claim (which I had done). The dealership turned over all the service records to FCA (weeks ago) and I'm just sitting in the dark while my lawyer follows up with FCA every few days with no news.

Can't wrap my head around the fact that they can't acquire a new battery pack, not that I at all want to keep this vehicle. My other vehicle is a pure EV (Nissan Leaf) so I have a Level 2 charger at home and 70% of our Pacifica driving was battery only. Amazing milage and I loved it, but this has me wanting to stay as far away from FCA as possible while I look at other three row PHEV's that are hitting the market (the Kia Telluride is also catching my eye).

Is this truly a lemon or are others experiencing brutal wait times on any sort of service for their PHEV Pacifica?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliams View Post
65 days ago my '19 Hybrid that was 3 months old, 6,000mi had to get towed to my dealership. Dash said the charging equipment needed servicing. FCA says it needs a new battery pack and has been unable to give me a ETA from their supplier.

I doubt I'll ever see the vehicle again, the owner of the dealership encouraged me to file a Lemon Law claim (which I had done). The dealership turned over all the service records to FCA (weeks ago) and I'm just sitting in the dark while my lawyer follows up with FCA every few days with no news.

Can't wrap my head around the fact that they can't acquire a new battery pack, not that I at all want to keep this vehicle. My other vehicle is a pure EV (Nissan Leaf) so I have a Level 2 charger at home and 70% of our Pacifica driving was battery only. Amazing milage and I loved it, but this has me wanting to stay as far away from FCA as possible while I look at other three row PHEV's that are hitting the market (the Kia Telluride is also catching my eye).

Is this truly a lemon or are others experiencing brutal wait times on any sort of service for their PHEV Pacifica?
Whoa thats really scary. Really sorry that you're going thru this please update as to the outcome. There is a Chrysler customer service that
lurks around the forums I would direct mssg them and get this escalated asap. I hope there providing you with a suitable loaner or renting a vehicle for you in the very least...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

I've got a '19 Pacifica rental from Enterprise being paid for by the dealership, lowest trim level though, shifts clunky and just not at all comparable to the Hybrid. Not to to mention how much extra I'm paying for gas getting half the MPG.

Not a happy camper...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page