2018 Windshield Glass out of stock!!!!!???? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2019, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2018 Windshield Glass out of stock!!!!!????

So a piece of metal hit my windshield this AM on my 2018 van. And smashed it in the middle of the window.
I have glass insurance but they called me back said there is only 3!!!!!!! windshields in the country and can't get one till mid AUGUST!!!
This is a OEM part only and i think this is crazy that I have to drive around on a smashed windshield now. ONLY 3???
@chr ysler Cares

Any help on this would be great and or options.

Scott Stumpf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2019, 04:12 PM

My windshield was broken on June 10th, and it is just getting installed day after tomorrow (July 31). Same story as yours: On backorder, can't get an aftermarket replacement, as they are out of stock as well.

When it was determined that my engine needed replacing, that was a 4 week wait.
One would think Chrysler would have better parts availability than Peugeot or Ferrari.

Chrysler needs to get their act together to compete.

2018 Limited Gas

Last edited by Lipster; 07-29-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:38 PM

I've seen something like there where two dealerships are supposed to be using the same database to look for parts. One will find it and the other will find none. The worst is both dealers finding the out of stock part which has 15 dealers all back-ordered to get the first ones available.

But... check this one out. Was suggested by a former service manager. Shows that there truly may be no stock supplied by the glass supplier. I wonder what the story is. I offer no guarantees.

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/a...indshield-scat

Check out changing your vehicle to check on a Plus or L or whichever. Going back here could help with verifying stock levels.

In general that parts site helps me understand certain model quirks. Maybe the little differences between a L and L Plus interior.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:36 PM

Chrysler Cares, Any comment or extenuating events?

2018 Limited Gas
Old 07-29-2019, 10:46 PM

Garage
I had my windshield broken on July 12 & immediately contacted my insurance (who uses Safelite for auto glass claims). I had the windshield replaced at my worksite on July 16. Don't know just what to tell you, since this was a 100% OEM windshield that it was replaced with, no problems at all.

Owner: 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Bright White, Tri Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Advanced SafetyTec Group
Old 07-29-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmagicmph View Post
I had my windshield broken on July 12 & immediately contacted my insurance (who uses Safelite for auto glass claims). I had the windshield replaced at my worksite on July 16. Don't know just what to tell you, since this was a 100% OEM windshield that it was replaced with, no problems at all.
Do you have front collision avoidance?
Do you have rain sensing wipers?
Do you have automatic headlight dimming?
You don't list your year or trim level in your signature, so your experience may well be based on different facts.
Happy you are happy.

2018 Limited Gas
Old 07-30-2019, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
My windshield was broken on June 10th, and it is just getting installed day after tomorrow (July 31). Same story as yours: On backorder, can't get an aftermarket replacement, as they are out of stock as well.

When it was determined that my engine needed replacing, that was a 4 week wait.
One would think Chrysler would have better parts availability than Peugeot or Ferrari.

Chrysler needs to get their act together to compete.
EXACTLY I CAN NOT BELEIVE they dont have f'ing windshields?????
Old 07-30-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmagicmph View Post

Had dealers and AUTO Glass company confirm that there were only 3 in the country???
That just seems ridicoulous. You got lucky to get quick turn around.

Scott
Old 07-30-2019, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
Do you have front collision avoidance?
Do you have rain sensing wipers?
Do you have automatic headlight dimming?
You don't list your year or trim level in your signature, so your experience may well be based on different facts.
Happy you are happy.
Yes to all of those i gather i should have put that.

Scott
Old 07-30-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Do you have front collision avoidance? YES
Do you have rain sensing wipers? YES
Do you have automatic headlight dimming? YES

Happy you are happy.

Tags
chrysler cares

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in