Backup camera and display screen - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrettP

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Backup camera and display screen

I have had my 2018 Pacifica for nine months now and the seat warmers will turn on on their own the side doors will open on their own and the back up camera will randomly turn on while I’m driving. At some point the back up camera will turn to a blue screen and says camera system unavailable. Then will go back to the back up camera when I slow down. Turning on and off my car won’t fix it. I’ve missed so many days of work and had to use PTO to have them plug it in only to say that they upgraded the system and it should be fine. I still have the problems. Yesterday they finally agreed to replace my entire radio system thinking It would fix the problem and I got two minutes down the road and it started doing it again. They’re now telling me they don’t know what else to do for me. So I am expected to keep driving this with having so many issues. I don’t know what else to do from here. It’s a lease so it’s not like I can get out of it. When the camera issue happens I literally have no control of the seat warmers or radio or back movie screens for my kids, and everything will just turn off and on on it’s own. It makes driving uncomfortable for all of us. I can’t even turn the screen off. I’ve taken it to two different dealerships just to be told they don’t know what else to do for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:22 PM

Strange as it sounds, consider changing the main vehicle battery if they haven’t already. If you search this forum for random electrical problems you’ll see a new battery often fixes. The old rule “if it cranks the battery is okay” just doesn’t apply to the Pacifica.
Longtimemopar likes this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page