Sliding door power unavailable - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Downstate Illinois (and sometimes Florida)
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranvan View Post
I have a similar but different issue. For some reason the switches on both sides just inside the door to open/close the door don't work, but if I touch the little button on the door handle it works fine, any ideas?
Just a wild guess here because I don't know. Is there a child safety switch to prevent the inside buttons from opening the door?
Waldo is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 02:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranvan View Post
I have a similar but different issue. For some reason the switches on both sides just inside the door to open/close the door don't work, but if I touch the little button on the door handle it works fine, any ideas?
Hi pranvan,

Waldo mentioned this, and I wanted to reiterate that there is a Safe Lock feature. It may be activated and that is why you cannot open the doors from the inside. Here is the info from the Owner's Manual on page 46.

"Safe Lock — If Equipped
To provide a safer environment for small children riding in
the rear seats, the second row sliding door switches may be
overridden by pushing the Sliding Doors Power OFF
button, located in the front overhead console.
When Power OFF is selected, the power sliding side doors
may not be opened or closed by pushing the buttons
located on the B-Pillar trim panels, just in front of the
sliding doors. Even when ’Power OFF’ is selected the
passive Entry buttons on the outside door handle still
works to power your sliding door open or closed.
The Power OFF LED, in the overhead console, will be lit
when the handles are manual and the buttons just inside
the sliding doors are disabled.
To enable power to the handles and buttons, when the
overhead console Power OFF LED is lit, push the Sliding
Doors Power OFF button, located in the front overhead
console."

Kori
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
Bond007 likes this.
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Junior Member
 
MoparMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
Posts: 8
Intermittent Driver Sliding Power Door Failure

My 2017 Pacifica Limited just turned 1 year old and I just started having this problem with driver sliding power door. The hands free sensor does not work, nor does the vehicle remote and when you manually open the door it chimes and there is a notice in the driver display that power to door unavailable. I have had this problem 3 times in the past 2 weeks. As in previous post in this thread the problem does seem to correct itself the next time I drive the vehicle. I cannot continue to tolerate an ongoing problem with it so guess I’ll be taking into dealer. This is obviously a manufacturing defect that Chrysler is responsible for correcting, thankfully it still has some warranty left. PS: Never had a problem like this on my previous Honda Odyssey (Hint to FCA).
aleza3 likes this.

JJMM..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MoparMan is offline  
 
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparMan View Post
My 2017 Pacifica Limited just turned 1 year old and I just started having this problem with driver sliding power door. The hands free sensor does not work, nor does the vehicle remote and when you manually open the door it chimes and there is a notice in the driver display that power to door unavailable. I have had this problem 3 times in the past 2 weeks. As in previous post in this thread the problem does seem to correct itself the next time I drive the vehicle. I cannot continue to tolerate an ongoing problem with it so guess I’ll be taking into dealer. This is obviously a manufacturing defect that Chrysler is responsible for correcting, thankfully it still has some warranty left. PS: Never had a problem like this on my previous Honda Odyssey (Hint to FCA).
If you decide to make an appointment at a certified dealership I'd be happy to offer assistance if needed, just send us a PM with your VIN and let me know.

Andrea
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparMan View Post
My 2017 Pacifica Limited just turned 1 year old and I just started having this problem with driver sliding power door. The hands free sensor does not work, nor does the vehicle remote and when you manually open the door it chimes and there is a notice in the driver display that power to door unavailable. I have had this problem 3 times in the past 2 weeks. As in previous post in this thread the problem does seem to correct itself the next time I drive the vehicle. I cannot continue to tolerate an ongoing problem with it so guess I’ll be taking into dealer. This is obviously a manufacturing defect that Chrysler is responsible for correcting, thankfully it still has some warranty left. PS: Never had a problem like this on my previous Honda Odyssey (Hint to FCA).
I can't comment on the sliding door, but I have lost my blind spot monitoring system, as it states it is unavailable. Van is a year old, 12k miles, and having some other "wiring" issues as well. I'm curious to read these door reports, my issues, and people having vans shut off. I'm truly starting to think these vans have bad wiring harnesses!
seo68 likes this.
Dieselgeek is offline  
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1
I'm Just Chillin as well now, Jstchilin. Worked like a charm!
Thanks,
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstchilin View Post
mjr0483,

I had this exact problem today and figured it out. The online manual states if there is something obstructing it, it shuts off. To reset it, here's what I did. There is a small black box under the track where wires run into both sides. On top you will find a red switch. Switch it in the other direction, leave for a few seconds, then switch it back. Then pull the door all the way back until it clicks and locks. Make sure it doesn't slide forward at all. Then pull the handle out and slide the door to the closed position. When closing, you should feel some resistance. When fully closed, try the button then. Hopefully this will fix it. If not, could be another deeper issue. Hope this helps!

Model citizen...Zero discipline
Brad737 is offline  
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 07:24 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
I had this problem. I reset the red button several times and checked the fuses. Neither fixed the problem in my case. What did fix the problem was opening and tightly closing the gas pump door.
yelsdrab is offline  
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 07:01 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ft. Wayne, IN
Posts: 10
Wait a minute, is this the "black box and red switch" you all are referring to? If so, that is not a switch. It's just two connectors that are plugged into each other and the red "switch" is actually just a lock that keeps them from coming apart. There is no way flipping that lock back and forth will fix this issue, if your door started working again it was just a coincidence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0195.jpg (209.0 KB, 81 views)
Bond007 and EliMc like this.
J Rod is offline  
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Drivers Sliding Door Intermittent Issues

I have also run into this problem as well but have had a hard time replicating so I am not very confident that when I take it to the dealer they will be able to find anything. The scenarios where I have run into issue where the Drivers side sliding door are the following

1. Unlocked the car using the keyfob and then pressed the button on the sliding door to open it. Door opened a few inches and then paused and stopped. I had to manually open the door to resolve but was not able to replicate. I do notice on this door that there is a still a slight pause that is not present on the passenger door.

2. Car was running and in park and my son opened the door using the inside button and when we were not able to use any of the buttons inside or outside to close the door again. Initially I though this due to the safety switch in the front but dont believe that this was on as I did not know it existed until after this event and found this in the manual as I also suspected that we had enabled some sort of child lock but the fact that it did not work from the outside as well seemed odd. We had to close the door manually and then it worked fine the next time.

Thanks for the tip on the reset button as well.

For those that have had this fixed any pointers that I can take to the dealer so help with the replication? This will be my third trip to the dealer to fix a problem in 2 months and I don't event have 2000 miles on the car. This is really starting to erode my confidence in this vehicle which is a shame as I think that the Pacifica has a better offering than the competition but if the quality is not there then that's a different story.
willpski is offline  
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpski View Post
I have also run into this problem as well but have had a hard time replicating so I am not very confident that when I take it to the dealer they will be able to find anything. The scenarios where I have run into issue where the Drivers side sliding door are the following

1. Unlocked the car using the keyfob and then pressed the button on the sliding door to open it. Door opened a few inches and then paused and stopped. I had to manually open the door to resolve but was not able to replicate. I do notice on this door that there is a still a slight pause that is not present on the passenger door.

2. Car was running and in park and my son opened the door using the inside button and when we were not able to use any of the buttons inside or outside to close the door again. Initially I though this due to the safety switch in the front but dont believe that this was on as I did not know it existed until after this event and found this in the manual as I also suspected that we had enabled some sort of child lock but the fact that it did not work from the outside as well seemed odd. We had to close the door manually and then it worked fine the next time.

Thanks for the tip on the reset button as well.

For those that have had this fixed any pointers that I can take to the dealer so help with the replication? This will be my third trip to the dealer to fix a problem in 2 months and I don't event have 2000 miles on the car. This is really starting to erode my confidence in this vehicle which is a shame as I think that the Pacifica has a better offering than the competition but if the quality is not there then that's a different story.
Hi willpski,

Sorry to hear about this! If you decide to visit a certified dealership for further diagnosis I'd be happy to offer assistance if needed, just send us a PM with your VIN and let me know.

Andrea
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power doors not reversing PontiacAttack Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 64 04-08-2019 03:59 PM
Sliding door buttons won't close doors Jboland17 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 12 04-16-2018 02:03 AM
Power Sliding door latch stuck gjp1123 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 4 09-22-2016 11:36 AM
Sliding items? cue003 Interior 1 07-25-2016 03:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome