TSB yet for nav getting stuck? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 23
TSB yet for nav getting stuck?

As a few posters have mentioned there is a bug that if you start a route while out of GPS range (for me in a parking garage) the nav sometimes cannot pick up your location properly once the GPS is subsequently aquired. It'll show the car moving backwards or between roads. A quick off on of the unit seems to reset it and sometimes it resolves on its own. Is there a TSB for this? We're due for our 10k service and amazingly to me this is all I have to talk to them about!
PacificaB likes this.
elrodvt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
 
generaltso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,884
I've not heard of a TSB for this issue. But it's still worth mentioning to your dealer. Even if they can't fix it, at least it will be documented.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
generaltso is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrodvt View Post
As a few posters have mentioned there is a bug that if you start a route while out of GPS range (for me in a parking garage) the nav sometimes cannot pick up your location properly once the GPS is subsequently aquired. It'll show the car moving backwards or between roads. A quick off on of the unit seems to reset it and sometimes it resolves on its own. Is there a TSB for this? We're due for our 10k service and amazingly to me this is all I have to talk to them about!
Hi elrodvt,

Since the navigation in your vehicle works off a satellite signal sometimes when you’re in certain areas, such as a parking garage, it isn’t able to receive the signal. We would recommend loading the navigation route but waiting to press ‘Start’ until you are outside of the garage and free of obstructions.

Andrea
Chrysler Social Care Specialist

Last edited by ChryslerCares; 02-22-2017 at 09:55 AM. Reason: satellite signal, not cellular signal
ChryslerCares is online now  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator
 
generaltso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Vermont
Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChryslerCares View Post
Since the navigation in your vehicle works off a cellular signal
Hi Andrea. Do you really mean cellular signal or do you mean satellite signal? I don't think you need to have a cell signal at all for the Nav to function.
ChryslerCares likes this.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
generaltso is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Hi Andrea. Do you really mean cellular signal or do you mean satellite signal? I don't think you need to have a cell signal at all for the Nav to function.
Good catch!
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 04:14 PM
Junior Member
 
PacificaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Garage
I'm having a similar issue. My Navigation shows me about 15 miles south of my current location all the time. I turned the car off...let it sit until all lights went out. I thought that would reset it but it didn't. It's like the GPS is stuck with a 15 mile error. Should I disconnect the battery to completely reset it?

Thanks.
PacificaB is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificaB View Post
I'm having a similar issue. My Navigation shows me about 15 miles south of my current location all the time. I turned the car off...let it sit until all lights went out. I thought that would reset it but it didn't. It's like the GPS is stuck with a 15 mile error. Should I disconnect the battery to completely reset it?

Thanks.
Hi PacificaB,

You can try re-calibrating your navigation system. This is accomplished by safely driving in a tight circle at no more than 5 mph in an open area such as an empty parking lot or cul-de-sac (court). This helps re-orient the vehicle with GPS satellites and re-establish the vehicle’s position within the navigation software. Let me know if this helps!

Andrea
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
ChryslerCares is online now  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Lol
Azazzetta is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 02:22 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChryslerCares View Post
Hi PacificaB,

You can try re-calibrating your navigation system. This is accomplished by safely driving in a tight circle at no more than 5 mph in an open area such as an empty parking lot or cul-de-sac (court). This helps re-orient the vehicle with GPS satellites and re-establish the vehicle’s position within the navigation software. Let me know if this helps!

Andrea
Chrysler Social Care Specialist
Driving in a circle will do nothing to help you receive satellite signals. That would be for calibrating an electronic compass.
needforspeed is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 01:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 232
I had my Limited in for an oil change last week and asked if there were any update notices about the NAV and was told "No". My problem with the nav is that it often prompts me to exit highways. like I80, and then get right back on again.
Cornfield is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Limited 3rd row automatic stow is stuck. Johnr12345 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 2 12-20-2016 06:09 PM
Power Sliding door latch stuck gjp1123 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 4 09-22-2016 11:36 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome