Pacifica 8 passenger seatbelt recall - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 211
Pacifica 8 passenger seatbelt recall

Non-editorialized version:
https://www.automotiveworld.com/news...ent-seat-belt/


This explains why every dealership I've searched I cannot find 8 passenger 2018's for sale.
jnads is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 56
Interesting. I have an 8 passenger 2018 - haven't heard anything yet.
mmax1 is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmax1 View Post
Interesting. I have an 8 passenger 2018 - haven't heard anything yet.
This seatbelt recall just came out today. I received a recall notice email this morning from NHTSA since I entered something on their website asking to be notified of recalls that MAY affect my vehicle. (I have a 7 passenger van, but I found out it is not affected after entering my VIN in the NHTSA website. I checked before seeing this thread.) You can go to the NHTSA website and see if your 8 passenger van is affected by putting in the VIN.

Only 8 passenger vans are affected. Somewhere I read that it is because somehow the second row center seat seatbelt part may unlatch an outboard seatbelt next to it.

Customers with questions or concerns may call the FCA US Recall Information Center at (800)-853-1403. (Automotive World article from FCA)

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 09-20-2017 at 03:30 PM.
SciTchr is offline  
 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
ed_wong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 104
Looks from the documentation I read. Here are the details:

All 2017-2018 MY Chrysler Pacifica (“RU”) vehicles with the 8-passenger seating
option (Sales Codes CYF) have a second-row, center seating position seat belt buckle
that could cause the left outboard seat belt to become unlatched under certain
conditions. The recall scope was determined to be RU Vehicles built between
November 1, 2015, when production of the 2017 MY RU began at Windsor Assembly
Plant (“WAP”) to August 24, 2017, when WAP began production of the 8-passenger
option RU with a shorter second-row, center seating position seat belt buckle
webbing. Similar vehicles with the 7-passenger seating option are not affected,
because these vehicles do not have a second-row center seating position.

Touring-L
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Exterior
Interior Black / Alloy Interior Color
Tire and Wheel Group Touring Suspension
Premium Audio Group
ed_wong is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 56
It doesn't appear the VIN specific info has been loaded to NHTSA site yet.
mmax1 is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Downstate Illinois (and sometimes Florida)
Posts: 759
Wow, they are claiming almost 48,000 Pacs are involved. I would have never guessed that many were made with the extra seat. Our local dealers seldom stocked them. Are they standard in the rental fleet versions?
Waldo is online now  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
ed_wong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 104
It seems the opposite from what I've noticed. Seems like almost every Pacifica I've seen is an 8 seater no matter what trim. I've seen very few 7 seaters

Touring-L
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Exterior
Interior Black / Alloy Interior Color
Tire and Wheel Group Touring Suspension
Premium Audio Group
ed_wong is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
wisejd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 441
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
This seatbelt recall just came out today. I received a recall notice email this morning from NHTSA since I entered something on their website asking to be notified of recalls that MAY affect my vehicle. (I have a 7 passenger van, but I found out it is not affected after entering my VIN in the NHTSA website. I checked before seeing this thread.) You can go to the NHTSA website and see if your 8 passenger van is affected by putting in the VIN.

Only 8 passenger vans are affected. Somewhere I read that it is because somehow the second row center seat seatbelt part may unlatch an outboard seatbelt next to it.

Customers with questions or concerns may call the FCA US Recall Information Center at (800)-853-1403. (Automotive World article from FCA)
I looked up my VIN on the NHTSA website and it said "0" Recalls for this vehicle. It also said their data had been refreshed as of today's date. I do have a 2017 Pacifica, 8 Passenger Limited. My MFG Date was 6.17/2017 so they either had a new design by that date or the NHTSA may actually not be as up to date as stated. I will check again later.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
wisejd is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 06:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Downstate Illinois (and sometimes Florida)
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_wong View Post
It seems the opposite from what I've noticed. Seems like almost every Pacifica I've seen is an 8 seater no matter what trim. I've seen very few 7 seaters
I guess it's a dealer or regional thing.
Waldo is online now  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisejd View Post
I looked up my VIN on the NHTSA website and it said "0" Recalls for this vehicle. It also said their data had been refreshed as of today's date. I do have a 2017 Pacifica, 8 Passenger Limited. My MFG Date was 6.17/2017 so they either had a new design by that date or the NHTSA may actually not be as up to date as stated. I will check again later.
Maybe they just eliminated the 7 passengers from the recall. It makes sense to check again and not use the left and center seats of the second row at the same time (if you don't have to) until the recall is figured out. It would be nice if some of the 8 passenger vans weren't affected.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 09-20-2017 at 10:15 PM.
SciTchr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Pacifica Hybrid (PHEV) Recall: Power Inverter Module Failure Due to Overvoltage Chrysler Pacifica News Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Recalls 1 07-25-2017 02:15 PM
Mopar Videos aork 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica PHEV Hybrid General Discussion 0 04-28-2017 08:47 PM
Highlights of the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Everything you Love about it PacificaAdmin 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica News 6 09-06-2016 12:04 AM
Official Pricing from $28,595 joet67 Dealers, Purchasing and Ordering 7 07-21-2016 09:41 PM
Official Press Release joet67 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 0 01-28-2016 02:56 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome