Fca u01 - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Longtimemopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 886
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seo68 View Post
I believe Tusk White made that claim in this thread
Yep. I don't think we have heard anything about his situation for a few days (3-29-2018 was his last post). His problem seems like something other than a need for a flash update. Short in the wiring harness, bad ground...???

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17

Last edited by Longtimemopar; 04-06-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Longtimemopar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 12:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 755
To help clarify - this is how I envision the scenario (with the benefit of hindsight): The EGR/PCM updates (including T23) involved replacing/updating code. The crew working on U01 were working on unmodified code, and developed a patch. When they went to develop the update, (after announcing the finding and "assigning" U01 to the fix,) they discovered that EGR/PCM updates had done the work for them. Chrysler then did a really poor job of explaining what they were doing, and marked "U01" as complete which set off a whole new wave of suspicion about what was going on. But they have been steadfast saying that the previous updates remove the need for U01.

Yes -- Tusk White was very vocal about his last stall. I think he went to arbitration last week, but has not posted the outcome.

I think there was a least one other, but no idea where they posted.

But overall, the reporting frequency is way down. Granted this forum is only home to a small fraction of owners, but people with problems search the internet and find their way here to make us aware of their issues. There are always going to be stalls for various causes, so those will never totally disappear, but U01 and its companions seem to have done the trick for most of us.
seo68 and Longtimemopar like this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16
jerry17 is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
 
wisejd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 452
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvntrs View Post
has anyone had this repair done yet? if so, have any new problems surfaced?

...
I had my Dealer do the Recall Update UO1 as my 10K miles Service was performed a little over a week ago. After the Update I have taken a number of 200 plus mile highway trips with one major change noted. On three separate occasions with the ACC engaged, once in the left-most highway lane and twice in the right-most highway lane a vehicle quite some distance in front of me had turned off the road to the left in the first case and to the right in the other two cases. These vehicles were considerably off the road and no driver would have hit the brakes in any of these situations. The Pacifica however in each case slowed down substantially and immediately without any Brake, Brake, Brake display or audible alarm. The road in each case was straight. Prior to the Update in my first 10K miles I had never had this type of behavior of the vehicle. The other behavior that I believe to be new, but am not certain is... If I engage the ACC in Local driving (ie., Not Interstate) the vehicle will track the vehicle in front of me and speed up or slow down accordingly, but if we get to a stop light, the Pacifica will not start moving again like it does in highway traffic. I don't know if this is due to some internal timer, or what. In my 10K miles prior to the Recall Update, I thought the Pacifica always slowed, stopped, started up again with the flow of the traffic in front of me whenever the ACC was engaged.

I did however experience the Brake, Brake, Brake with alarm a couple of times over the first 10K miles, but without the ACC engaged. I have read many threads on this forum about others experiencing this type of issue.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger

Last edited by wisejd; 04-07-2018 at 06:20 AM.
wisejd is offline  
 
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
But you gotta admit, there isn't the number of reports here like there was before, right? I mean that stalling thread had thousands of views and hundreds of posts. Now hardly any.
Indeed, the reports are nonexistent now however even at the peak, I think there were less than 50 reports. 1 stall in front of an 18 wheeler is one too many so I don't want to minimize the risk in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo68 View Post
Yes, there was controversy because many of us just can't help believing in conspiracies. T23 fixed the problem coding that caused the stalling problem, but not by design. Rather, when FCA finally figured out the stalling problem they realized that it had already been fixed with T23. Oddly, it may be that T23 slowed down FCA's diagnosis of the stalling problem, because the engineers might have been working on a code base that included T23.



It does seem like FCA nailed the problem addressed by U01 because, exactly as you say, complaints have plummeted. It also seems as if the code is still not quite perfect because there are still some stalls reported, but the code is apparently far closer to where it should be...
Chrysler did not help the situation by issuing recall info indicting a fix would be in the works by April and mysteriously listing the U01 recall as "completed" on 2/20/18 when no one had gone in to have the work performed. Only AFTER inquiring did we learn that "if you had the T23 done earlier, it updated the PCM software so the U01 is not required if T23 was already done".

I just got an email yesterday from FCA with an "urgent" notice in "red" that included my VIN stating I need to have a safety recall done. That is the U01 and one would think that if they have my VIN, they should know that I don't need the U01 if indeed the T23 covered it and they know I had T23 done. Thinking there is something new to do, I called the dealer yesterday and ran my VIN. It is still listed as completed with no outstanding recalls. Not exactly a conspiracy theory and healthy skepticism is fueled by these missteps and confusing information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
"...because there are still some stalls reported,..." What stalls reported where?
Not all stalls are T23/U01 related. One cat, it might have been T W below, who had bad coils and other issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo68 View Post
I believe Tusk White made that claim in this thread
He needs to lemon that thing. Does not seem to be T23/U01 related.

2017 Touring White/Grey.

Last edited by II Kings 9:20; 04-07-2018 at 01:48 PM.
II Kings 9:20 is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 05:17 AM
Senior Member
 
wisejd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 452
Garage
[QUOTE=wisejd;453770 I thought the Pacifica always slowed, stopped, started up again with the flow of the traffic in front of me whenever the ACC was engaged.[/QUOTE]

This is not an issue... In another thread it was pointed out that there indeed is a "timer" set at 2 seconds. If the vehicle comes to a complete stop with the ACC engaged and remains stopped for over 2 seconds the driver will need to depress the Resume Button or the Gas Pedal to resume forward motion.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
wisejd is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Gatineau, QC
Posts: 260
I hade mine done. No change, still runs great.
wisejd and Longtimemopar like this.

2015 T&C Limited
2012 T&C Limited
2009 Volks Routan (Chrysler)
2000 Chrysler 300M Special
1974 Cherokee Chief (Not Chrysler yet AMC)
1971 T&C
1965 Plymouth Sport Fury
1962 Plymouth Satellite

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Badge56 is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge56 View Post
I hade mine done. No change, still runs great.
T23 or U01?

That's how it should be. If you were running great before, it should "still run great" after. Should be true for all of the non-stall people. The question is how are the stall people doing post update.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Touring White/Grey.
II Kings 9:20 is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 755
Interesting question that was never explicitly answered. Is U01 a complete subset of T23 or does it do other things that T23 does not?

I suspect it is only a T23 subset, otherwise we would have needed U01 anyway.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16
jerry17 is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry17 View Post
Interesting question that was never explicitly answered. Is U01 a complete subset of T23 or does it do other things that T23 does not?

I suspect it is only a T23 subset, otherwise we would have needed U01 anyway.
Seems plausible. That is what FCA has suggested based on the fact that if you had T23 done, U01 is not needed.

2017 Touring White/Grey.
II Kings 9:20 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome