Fca u01 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
jvntrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 39
Fca u01

according to mopar.com my '17 pacifica requires the s/w update and the "parts" are available.

Repair Description

The PCM must be reprogrammed with new software.

Recall Status

INCOMPLETE BUT REPAIR PARTS ARE AVAILABLE

has anyone had this repair done yet? if so, have any new problems surfaced?

realistically, the chances are quite good that a s/w update can be buggy unless it is thoroughly and rigorously tested. maybe it was. hopefully it was. or maybe it was not. leaving us to test it which is not a good thing.

me, for now, i'm moving to the back of the line...

Giddy Up
jvntrs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 475
This U01 recall is for a serious and potentially deadly engine shutoff issue.

I wouldn't worry about the update being buggy. The fact that an update is necessary is evidence that the system is already buggy and this U01 is designed to fix that stall issue.

This is NOT something to sit on at the back of the line and you should have the update done post-haste.

It's not like an iPhone update where one has a reasonable option to say "I ain't doing the latest ios update".

The U01 addresses the potential of the engine shutting off on the freeway or pulling out of a turn bay into the path of an 18 wheeler.

This is not something to wait on.

As an FYI, if you had the T23 done last year, it covers the same U01 update and the U01 is considered "complete" and not necessary.

I had the T23 done and just got a scary email from FCA today saying I need the U01 performed. Called the dealer and they ran my Vin and U01 is NOT needed and still listed as complete. I thought there might have been some new information but it's all old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3754.jpg (100.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3755.jpg (126.7 KB, 18 views)
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Touring White/Grey.
II Kings 9:20 is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 12:57 PM
Bob
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Maine
Posts: 17
Garage
Updated 3/26/18 PCM recall. Nothing changed 4300 miles flawless vehicle.
Longtimemopar likes this.

BOB

Last edited by Bob; 04-06-2018 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Add more info
Bob is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Space City (Houston), TX
Posts: 1,224
I'll add that the software update seems to be working as the stalling reports has come to a complete dead (catastrophic?) stop. And as the U01 was implemented late last year, it looks like Chrysler was on top of the situation even without the hysteria that certain posters created. I believe that the U01 was started even before the recall? Could be that Chrysler was going to release it but had to go back and call it a recall because of all the hoopla certain poster caused.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
Norbert is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
I'll add that the software update seems to be working as the stalling reports has come to a complete dead (catastrophic?) stop. And as the U01 was implemented late last year, it looks like Chrysler was on top of the situation even without the hysteria that certain posters created. I believe that the U01 was started even before the recall? Could be that Chrysler was going to release it but had to go back and call it a recall because of all the hoopla certain poster caused.
Small point of order here. T23 was last year, U01 is this year. Just clearing up the typo for future readers.

There was more than one person who had stall issues and a few have reported here stalls AFTER the T23 update. This group on the forum is a small number, most of the hundreds of thousands of Pacifica owners don't report here so there are bound to be others.
ESagle likes this.

2017 Touring White/Grey.

Last edited by II Kings 9:20; 04-06-2018 at 09:01 PM.
II Kings 9:20 is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Space City (Houston), TX
Posts: 1,224
But isn't the whole controversy that the U01 was retro installed last year, because it was rolled in with the T23? And people complained that they never took their cars in this year but the Chrysler website stated that the U01 was already done?
II Kings 9:20 likes this.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
Norbert is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Space City (Houston), TX
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kings 9:20 View Post
Small point of order here. T23 was last year, U01 is this year. Just clearing up the typo for future readers.

There was more than one person who had stall issues and a few have reported here stalls AFTER the T23 update. This group on the forum is a small number, most of the hundreds of thousands of Pacifica owners don't report here so there are bound to be others.
But you gotta admit, there isn't the number of reports here like there was before, right? I mean that stalling thread had thousands of views and hundreds of posts. Now hardly any.

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite
Norbert is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Senior Member
 
seo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
But isn't the whole controversy that the U01 was retro installed last year, because it was rolled in with the T23? And people complained that they never took their cars in this year but the Chrysler website stated that the U01 was already done?
Yes, there was controversy because many of us just can't help believing in conspiracies. T23 fixed the problem coding that caused the stalling problem, but not by design. Rather, when FCA finally figured out the stalling problem they realized that it had already been fixed with T23. Oddly, it may be that T23 slowed down FCA's diagnosis of the stalling problem, because the engineers might have been working on a code base that included T23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
But you gotta admit, there isn't the number of reports here like there was before, right? I mean that stalling thread had thousands of views and hundreds of posts. Now hardly any.
It does seem like FCA nailed the problem addressed by U01 because, exactly as you say, complaints have plummeted. It also seems as if the code is still not quite perfect because there are still some stalls reported, but the code is apparently far closer to where it should be...

2018 Bright White Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ordered: 15 SEP 2017
VIN: 19 SEP 2017
D1: 19 SEP 2017
Build sheet: 25 SEP 2017
JS: 28 SEP 2017
SL: 28 OCT 2017
KZ: 29 OCT 2017
Sticker: 30 OCT 2017
Dealer: 21 NOV 2017
Possession: 28 NOV 2017
seo68 is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Longtimemopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 863
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seo68 View Post
Yes, there was controversy because many of us just can't help believing in conspiracies. T23 fixed the problem coding that caused the stalling problem, but not by design. Rather, when FCA finally figured out the stalling problem they realized that it had already been fixed with T23. Oddly, it may be that T23 slowed down FCA's diagnosis of the stalling problem, because the engineers might have been working on a code base that included T23.



It does seem like FCA nailed the problem addressed by U01 because, exactly as you say, complaints have plummeted. It also seems as if the code is still not quite perfect because there are still some stalls reported, but the code is apparently far closer to where it should be...
"...because there are still some stalls reported,..." What stalls reported where?

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
Longtimemopar is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
 
seo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
"...because there are still some stalls reported,..." What stalls reported where?
I believe Tusk White made that claim in this thread
II Kings 9:20 likes this.

2018 Bright White Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ordered: 15 SEP 2017
VIN: 19 SEP 2017
D1: 19 SEP 2017
Build sheet: 25 SEP 2017
JS: 28 SEP 2017
SL: 28 OCT 2017
KZ: 29 OCT 2017
Sticker: 30 OCT 2017
Dealer: 21 NOV 2017
Possession: 28 NOV 2017
seo68 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome