Sept 2017 Build - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Sept 2017 Build

My apologies if this has already been addressed. I've looked through quite a few threads but it's difficult to find a direct answer, and my PC really doesn't seem to like this website due to all the advertising on it.

I'm looking at a new 2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus, built in September 2017. It's been heavily discounted by the dealer ($34k for leather, sunroof, dual screens which seems like a great deal to me). Do they just want to get it off their lot to make room for other vehicles or is this a build period where there were issues? NHTSA is showing 0 recalls. Reading about the stalls makes me pretty nervous considering I'll be using this as a family hauler, but as we all know the internet can cause fear in all ways possible. Am I overthinking it? Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiej936 View Post
My apologies if this has already been addressed. I've looked through quite a few threads but it's difficult to find a direct answer, and my PC really doesn't seem to like this website due to all the advertising on it.

I'm looking at a new 2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus, built in September 2017. It's been heavily discounted by the dealer ($34k for leather, sunroof, dual screens which seems like a great deal to me). Do they just want to get it off their lot to make room for other vehicles or is this a build period where there were issues? NHTSA is showing 0 recalls. Reading about the stalls makes me pretty nervous considering I'll be using this as a family hauler, but as we all know the internet can cause fear in all ways possible. Am I overthinking it? Thanks all!
I am not an expert on price, but in theory, the van should be ok. That said, if anything doesn't seem right, check the forum or take it in for service. Make sure the touchscreen functions as well as any extra cameras. I would recommend taking along a dvd or whatever is needed to actually have the dealer demonstrate that the theater screens are working correctly to play something before purchase. 2 headphones should come with the theater package. At least 2 fobs (3 fobs if keysense is included) should be included. Take at least a 20 minute test drive. If anything doesn't seem right have them fix it before you sign for it.

The 2018s weren't part of the engine software update recall for the stall issue.

If you read the forum for long, you will find that some vans can have problems, but it is a nice van.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:48 PM

Garage
There were very few Pacificas that had the stall issue. There were threads that I've read that declared doom & gloom, definitely scary. However, over 200,000 2017 Pacificas are on the road & less than 1% had the problem, if I remember correctly. My Limited was built in March 2017 and I haven't experienced any of the stall issues, so far. Actually, I haven't had any operational issues with my Pacifica. A few weeks ago my phone dialed by itself and I really don't know how or why that happened, but it hasn't happened since. I can't even be sure it was the Pacifica messing up it may have been my cell. Pretty minor though.

And this is my 2nd Chrysler. In 2003 I bought a 2003 Town & Country Limited which now has over 225,000 miles. At that time I really wanted the 'new' Toyota Sienna, but the dealers were selling them as much as $5,000 over MSRP & I would not play that game. I got the T&C for $10K less than the Sienna would have cost me and decided I could fix it many times for that $10K difference. Yes, I was sure that the reliability would be awful. I read all the Consumer Reports warnings, but liked the look of the T&C so I took the chance. It turned out to be a great van with very few repairs.

But at 14 years old in 2017 I decided I needed to buy a new van & loved the look etc of the Pacifica. I mean, how much longer could this 2003 T&C run? It's a Chrysler, bad reliability - or so everyone keeps saying. I guess, with decades of people saying Chryslers have bad reliability it kind of sticks. But their reliability is far, far better than publications like Consumer Reports would make you believe. Look at how many older Town & Countries are still on the road. I expect in a few years I'll be saying this about the Pacificas.

So, most of the issues with the 2017 Pacificas have been resolved in the 2018s. As far as price goes, I think you should be able to do better unless there are other features you didn't mention. If you go to www.chrysler.com you can click on build & price and configure what you want then it lets you search dealer inventory. If you look at the matches on the Dealer Site there are usually prices for what is in their inventory. It also allows you to see what Rebates may be available to you if you look at few different dealers. Good luck in your negotiations!
1tg1 likes this.

Jeffersonton, Virginia ordered 2/28/2017, delivery on 3/25/2017 of 2017 Limited Tusk White Black/Mocha, Advanced Safety Tech, Theater Package, 20" Wheels, Splash Guards, and 3D Maxpider Kagu Black Mats

Last edited by Joyxpac; 05-09-2018 at 05:50 PM.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by angiej936 View Post
hi, what is the MSRP on this Pac? i only ask bc leather and the dual screens are all "standard" w/ the TL+. but if the deal is significant, i would pursue this car...if it has all you are wanting. but test drive it, check the uconnect screen and buttons and functionality, check the sliding doors for perfect operation, etc. keep us posted.

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
hi, what is the MSRP on this Pac? i only ask bc leather and the dual screens are all "standard" w/ the TL+. but if the deal is significant, i would pursue this car...if it has all you are wanting. but test drive it, check the uconnect screen and buttons and functionality, check the sliding doors for perfect operation, etc. keep us posted.

Total sticker price is $43k. The sunroof is super important so it's good that's included. It doesn't have the upgraded Harmon Kardon speakers or wheels. It's white and there's nothing "sexy" about it, but I'm inside it most of the time so for a great price I can ignore that. Thanks for your tips!

Last edited by angiej936; 05-09-2018 at 05:58 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 06:20 PM

Garage
Every deal is a little different, of course, but that doesn't sound like it's really super 'heavily discounted' to me. Not that it's a bum deal for you, I'm not saying that at all, just maybe not as motivated and aggressive as they seem to sound. Example, my Limited MSRP was 51,3xx and I was out the door minus TTL at 40,3xx at the end of April. I didn't think that was a world beating deal but felt it was fair enough. So I am just guessing but I would say there's more room to push on your end. I don't know all there is to know, naturally, just speaking from my reference point for what I just went through. If it has been sitting on their lot for a long time, I'd think you can push them harder. After all, every day they have it on the lot costs them money. You could always try to push for more on your trade if there is one. They use every trick, so should you. Just my $0.02.

'18 Pacifica LTD, GCM
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 06:25 PM

if you like the wheels or a different color... get it. for the mist part you can get any Pacifica in that price range for around 7500ish off of sticker price.

get the colors you want.

rule of thumb... just an estimatebut every $1000 more is about 20 a month. so wheels are about 15-20 a month more.

2018 Ocean Blue Limited
AST
Harmon Kardon
Uconnect
20" wheels
trailer tow
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Every deal is a little different, of course, but that doesn't sound like it's really super 'heavily discounted' to me. Not that it's a bum deal for you, I'm not saying that at all, just maybe not as motivated and aggressive as they seem to sound. Example, my Limited MSRP was 51,3xx and I was out the door minus TTL at 40,3xx at the end of April. I didn't think that was a world beating deal but felt it was fair enough. So I am just guessing but I would say there's more room to push on your end. I don't know all there is to know, naturally, just speaking from my reference point for what I just went through. If it has been sitting on their lot for a long time, I'd think you can push them harder. After all, every day they have it on the lot costs them money. You could always try to push for more on your trade if there is one. They use every trick, so should you. Just my $0.02.

Really?? That seems low to me. I just built it on Chrysler's site and it says $40,155 is the net price. I was quoted $33,400. It's hard to believe a car with any of these options would be much less than that. I've been talking to three different dealerships, and the GM at the dealership where this car is has been the most responsive and has been able to provide me with complete financial information with every car I request details on. Honestly, this car buying experience has been pretty bad because it's like no one wants to sell me the car. Most of them are very unresponsive or their responses are very delayed (or canned). I'm shopping online and through email/chat because I don't want to spend a ton of time at multiple dealerships.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
if you like the wheels or a different color... get it. for the mist part you can get any Pacifica in that price range for around 7500ish off of sticker price.

get the colors you want.

rule of thumb... just an estimatebut every $1000 more is about 20 a month. so wheels are about 15-20 a month more.

This one is almost $9500 off which is why I'm willing to overlook the color. The monthly payment is a big deal and this particular vehicle is the closest I've been able to get for the budget I'm trying to stick to. I know I can probably wait for the right configuration to come along, but my leased Toyota Rav4 Hybrid isn't getting any more valuable.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 08:04 PM

Garage
If you smile on the way out, go for it! I swore I read 38k, not 34.

'18 Pacifica LTD, GCM

Last edited by Toast; 05-09-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page