A new recall for Pacifica? - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 02:22 PM

Just re-read the manual. It says to remove the cover with a small screwdriver or similar tool. So FCA had the right intention but the design allows for something much larger. The manual also has plenty of warnings such as making sure the brake pedal is fully depressed and the parking brake is set, or the vehicle is securely connected to the tow vehicle, prior to manually releasing from Park.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnee View Post
The recall date of manufacture starts with June 15th 2016. Well my Pacifica was manufactured in May of 2016.
Interesting. Something may be a typo -- the NHTSA posting says (my highlight)
The suspect period was established as 2017-2018 RU vehicles built at Windsor Assembly Plant ("WAP")
between the Start of Production (“SOP”) of the 2017 MY, June 15, 2016, to April 6, 2018, when FCA US LLC (“FCA US”) began using redesigned Plugs with a higher pullout force.....

Was your van built in Windsor? Is a prototype? or the NHTSA date wrong? That sentence implies the first vans came off the production line June 15, 2016.....

and BTW, I don't know how persistent FCA is on recalls. My daughter has been dragging her heels on taking a day off to to attend to a Honda recall (parking brake?) and we get regular robocalls, emails and snail mail.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry17 View Post
Interesting. Something may be a typo -- the NHTSA posting says (my highlight)
The suspect period was established as 2017-2018 RU vehicles built at Windsor Assembly Plant ("WAP")
between the Start of Production (“SOP”) of the 2017 MY, June 15, 2016, to April 6, 2018, when FCA US LLC (“FCA US”) began using redesigned Plugs with a higher pullout force.....

Was your van built in Windsor? Is a prototype? or the NHTSA date wrong? That sentence implies the first vans came off the production line June 15, 2016.....

and BTW, I don't know how persistent FCA is on recalls. My daughter has been dragging her heels on taking a day off to to attend to a Honda recall (parking brake?) and we get regular robocalls, emails and snail mail.
Probably is a typo then. The SOP for 2017 MY was February 29, 2016 based on an old article announcing the start of production. All were built in Windsor.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
Do you have a picture of the panel? From the first description, I thought you were talking about the big panel that would be near your left knee while driving. That panel would take quite a force to pull it lose.
If you put your left hand upside down between the light switch section and the steering wheel, your middle finger will point at the small square that the recall is about. It is about 5-6 inches below the bend in the main trim piece.

In the Owner's Manual in the section "In case of Emergency", the "Manual Park Release" section has a diagram onp. 504 in one manual, but I know that the page numbers vary in different versions of the manuals. I couldn't figure out how to paste the diagram to the forum post.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
I couldn't figure out how to paste the diagram to the forum post.
Here they are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pages from 2017-Pacifica-OM-6th_1.jpg (149.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Pages from 2017-Pacifica-OM-6th_2.jpg (99.9 KB, 45 views)

post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry17 View Post
Here they are.
So how did you do that?

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 07:58 PM

Full Adobe Acrobat. I extracted the two pages from the downloaded manuals as separate files and then used the program called IRFANVIEW to change the PDF files into jpgs. The PDF files were too big because of the 20 megabyte limit.

If you don't have an Acrobat editor, you can use "print to PDF"on a newer Windows machine to get each each page separately or there are other free programs that will print to PDF.

You still need desktops or full laptops for some things... I don't think you can do this on a phone or tablet.

But if you want to be creative you could have printed the two pages out and taken pictures of them. Not sure how clear that would be.
SciTchr and Longtimemopar like this.

post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 08:00 PM

IRFANVIEW is a free program that's incredibly useful for converting from one format to another. It can also crop and do some other basic editing tasks, create thumbnail sheets Etc
SciTchr likes this.

post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 09:36 PM

Garage
What a crapy recall!
Sugar1Pacifica! likes this.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 08:10 AM

Bought my Pacifica this past Saturday, June 23rd. When getting ready to sign the bottom line, the dealer informed me I could not drive the new shiny Pac home until they could address this recall matter. Had a loaner until Monday... was kind of a bummer not to be able to drive my new Pac out on late Saturday, but understand the reason. Funny thing was I had mentioned this recall to the Salesman as I had already rcvd the recall info from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration; the Salesperson didn't know anything about it at that point.

For what it's worth, one may subscribe to get recall notifications on any type of vehicle you have (I can tell a few here have already) by going to
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and signing up (currently you have to scroll down until you find the "sign up" button/link). Once you've entered your info, you may select the type of vehicle you have. You can also get info on tire recalls if you wish. Drive safe, drive happy, drive a Pacifica!

2018 Pacifica Limited, Billet Silver, Adv Safety Tec Group, Uconnect, 20-Inch Tire & Wheel Group, Mocha Interior, and some other fun stuff. Purchased June 23, 2018.
Prior 2004 T&C Owner.
Go AZ Cardinals!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page